JB Caravans Dirt Roader

8 questions from our users

Andrew k

Andrew kasked

Dirt Roader

Our water pump just blew all battery power in our van is there a safety switch that we need to reset

Janet P.

Janet P.asked

Dirt Roader

Where are the water level indicators located?

Jamie

Jamieasked

Dirt Roader

Hi will a dirt road Xtreme make it up to the cape ??

Jimbobadgy

Jimbobadgyasked

Dirt Roader

Is there a trick to filling the water tanks on a 20'6" Dirtroader? Water is coming out of the filler but gauges only indicate 1/2 full. I am also haing trouble getting water in as it comes out after about 30 secs - 1 min.

Glendaasked

Dirt Roader

Does anyone know what the wattage for a JB Dirt Roader 3kg washing machine, and would a 1600 watt generator run it?

Chris

I have used my washing machine off a 1500 watt inverter. It's only running a motor, there is no heating which is what takes the big watts.

Glenda

Thank you so much for reply. We have done a bit more research and found that the washing machine only uses less than 300 watts so it’s not a bit load at all.
Thanks again Glenda

Tony S

Tony Sasked

Dirt Roader

We are looking for a big off roader to tow behind the discovery, so weight shouldn't be a problem. Saw an amazing 22'6" van by Vacationer at the Melbourne show, and also the 23'6" dirt rider from JB, and was wondering what experience you guys have of Vacationer? as the van looked amazing, and JB didn't have the 23'6" with the off road suspension so couldn't really compare.
My challenge is that I can't find many reviews, if any on Vacationer?

Thanks in advance

Tony

Krakka
Krakka

Hi Tony
I don't know anything about the vacationer but if you have a look at the JB Milano it is a full off road van 23.6ft with ATX suspension, can't get any better than that.

Chris

Dont know anything re Vacationer. Purchased our JB 20'6" Scorpion in Jan 2014. At the time the Scorpion was JBs premier "off road" model and I think that remains today. Could not fault JBs customer service in 2014 and follow up service since has been exceptional. We are very happy JB customers. Again I dont know anything re JBs Dirt Roader only the "off road" Scorpion model. I would be talking to JB about what model best suits your need. Towing 23'6" in off road conditions could be

Chris

Dont know anything re Vacationer. Purchased our JB 20'6" Scorpion in Jan 2014. At the time the Scorpion was JBs premier "off road" model and I think that remains today. Could not fault JBs customer service in 2014 and follow up service since has been exceptional. We are very happy JB customers. Again I dont know anything re JBs Dirt Roader only the "off road" Scorpion model. I would be talking to JB about what model best suits your need. Towing a long van in "off road" conditions is perhaps not

Lisa

Lisaasked

Dirt Roader

How do I make sound come out of the outside speakers?

Stevo

There is a switch on the panel of light switches that operates the external speakers. This is located on the door side and usually is with the external light switch and interior lights for that side of the van. If that does not work try adjusting the balance on the radio menu.

Stuch
Stuch

You may need to take fad on radio to R or L.
Also sometimes I furn up vol on radio and for some reason this also helps

Johnasked

Dirt Roader

Where are the three water tanks (2 X F and 1 X Grey) on most dirt roaders? I will have a 19'6" DR van.

Stevo

Usually the 2 water tanks are in front of the axles and the grey water behind the second axle. That was how they set up our 20'6 Dirtroader.

Did that formation suite you Stevo. John

Nic
Nic

Depending on the lay out of the van will depend on where the tanks go, normally the grey water tank is behind the axle and the fresh water tanks are in front of the axles
and if you have a fresh drinking water tank which is a 65 litre tank will sit between the axles

Get an answer from our members and JB Caravans representatives