JB Caravans

JB Caravans Questions & Answers

Scorpion, Dirt Roader, Dreamline Platinum, etc...

54 questions from our users

Gary H.

Gary H.asked

What would be the average price of a 2016 JB dreamliner 16ft

Pep82

Pep82asked

Scorpion 20'6" Tourer

Does the dust hatch in roof work. There is no filter. Any body sealed the internal fridge vents above and below fridge. Seems external vents should provide enough air?

MLOasked

Dirt Roader 20'6" Tourer

Any known problems off road with this model?

Steven Roach

Hi MLO, we have had our DR extreme now for six months & taken it off road and have had no problems. Steve

MLO

Thanks Steve, we live in the Kimberley and dirt roads are par for the course, the places we would be visiting are only accessible via the dirt, so that is good to know.
It's like everything else, nice and steady and things work out okay.
Mark

Steven Roach

Mark, yes I was told that about just taking it a bit slower and you can get through most situations in the bush. We havent done any real hard places yet just fairly easy off road but we are heading up your way in March April next year and continuing across the top to Qld. Should be a great trip. I bought a caravan cover last week as I dont have an undercover area and wanted to protect our bight orange JB stickers & paint, lol. Take care & we might cross paths up north.
Steve & Sandy
Scarborough WA

Geoff

Geoffasked

Dirt Gator 17'10" R Tourer

I would like to know why the basin and shower drains do not have S bend on to prevent the odor coming up from the holding tank

pjeaje
pjeaje

They'll have a one way valve.

Andrew k

Andrew kasked

Dirt Roader

Our water pump just blew all battery power in our van is there a safety switch that we need to reset

KrisHar

KrisHarasked

Hi, are you Vans made in China?

Simon Jasked

Scorpion

We’re looking at a 20’ family scorpion. Seems wee set up but wondering whether to spend the extra to go the Scorpion Sting? Has anyone found anything in the base model underdone? Diff seems primarily the electrical capacity.

Steven Roach

Hi Simon, we bought the Semi Off road, Dirtroader. We have the smaller inverter and find the solar panel & generator do the job for off road for us but ours doesn’t have all the Sting feature. We liked the Sting but just weren’t going full off road. Steve

Thanks very much Steve

David churchasked

Jb paint code 2015 dirt roader

Paint code

Lea

Leaasked

Do JB Caravans do a single axle , single beds, with sep toilet and shower in a 16ft..

Darrylasked

How do you turn off touch light in ensuite when touch pad doesn’t work

Janet P.

Janet P.asked

Dirt Roader

Where are the water level indicators located?

Caroline

Carolineasked

We are thinking of buying a 20ft 6 dirt roader ATM 2930 kg and would be towing with an Isuzu MU-X 3000kg tow is this a bit tight with capacity all I’ve read is MU-X tow well to capacity however others say to close ? Like to hear if anyone is towing like this?

Johnasked

Hi all
Would appreciate some good honest advice
Have been looking at a Kedron CP5 Compact and have just heard about a JB Gator X 2019 model.
The Gator X has air bag suspension, 2000 watt inverter and all the bells and whistles
The Gator is about $20K cheaper but is timber frame and plywood floor covered by aluminium panel. The Gator X seems ok???? Their website is pretty crappy so hard to see them
Any thoughts on reliability and if the Gator will hold up to some off road
Cheers John

Richard S.
Richard S.

Did you get any feedback on this

John

I ended up buying a gator x tho from a dealer in heatherbrae
The hand over was really bad so just working things out for myself

Mike S.
Mike S.

Hi John, How are you finding your Gator X van, I'm looking at one of these vans as well, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,

Mike

Tony K.asked

What generator suits a JB gator. I believe a Honda 2 kva will fit in the box but looking at the specs they are 25 mm too high.

Rob Y.

Rob Y.asked

Does the Gator have a pressure hatch to keep dust out?

Tony K.

Yes they do . I just bought a 2016 and it has one just above the bed.

Kerri Crooksasked

Dreamline Platinum

How do you turn off the light over the shower and how do you turn off the radio so it doesn’t glow all night?

Tony K.

Touch the centre of the light. It increases the brightness then turns off each time it is touched

Kerri Crooks

Thank you Tony. We tried that. Turns out there is a fault with the light. Would love to hear from someone about turning off the radio. We have pushed the button that is mentioned in the brochure, but we have not had any success with that either.

Jamie

Jamieasked

Dirt Roader

Hi will a dirt road Xtreme make it up to the cape ??

Darrylasked

Is there a way you can turn off outside speakers on a JB dirt road extreme radio

Alysha

Alyshaasked

Gator

What are the bunk mattress sizes in the Gator. We’ve just bought one and I need to shop for sheets

Rayna

Raynaasked

Scorpion

I have a 2017 JB Scorpiin Sting 21’6.
It has the two water tanks in front of the axles and another water tank and great water tank behind the axle. When I’m free camping can I allocate which front tank of water I want to use or do I have no control over this? I can’t find any valve under the van except to empty the tanks to grade.
TIA

Scorpion

G'day Rayna, Under the fridge in the cupboard you will find 2 water pumps one is the designated drinking water the other draws water from the 2 front tanks, you will find 2 shut off valves on the top of this pump (part of the plumbing). You will have to shut one off, check your water water levels then run a tap for a few minutes to determine which valve draws from which of the front tanks.
Cheers Nigel