JB Caravans Questions & Answers

51 questions from our users

Geoff

Geoffasked

Dirt Gator 17'10" R Tourer

I would like to know why the basin and shower drains do not have S bend on to prevent the odor coming up from the holding tank

Andrew k

Andrew kasked

Dirt Roader

Our water pump just blew all battery power in our van is there a safety switch that we need to reset

KrisHar

KrisHarasked

JB Caravans

Hi, are you Vans made in China?

Simon Jasked

Scorpion

We’re looking at a 20’ family scorpion. Seems wee set up but wondering whether to spend the extra to go the Scorpion Sting? Has anyone found anything in the base model underdone? Diff seems primarily the electrical capacity.

Steven Roach
Steven Roach

Hi Simon, we bought the Semi Off road, Dirtroader. We have the smaller inverter and find the solar panel & generator do the job for off road for us but ours doesn’t have all the Sting feature. We liked the Sting but just weren’t going full off road. Steve

Thanks very much Steve

David churchasked

Jb paint code 2015 dirt roader

Paint code

Lea

Leaasked

JB Caravans

Do JB Caravans do a single axle , single beds, with sep toilet and shower in a 16ft..

Darrylasked

JB Caravans

How do you turn off touch light in ensuite when touch pad doesn’t work

Janet P.

Janet P.asked

Dirt Roader

Where are the water level indicators located?

Caroline

Carolineasked

JB Caravans

We are thinking of buying a 20ft 6 dirt roader ATM 2930 kg and would be towing with an Isuzu MU-X 3000kg tow is this a bit tight with capacity all I’ve read is MU-X tow well to capacity however others say to close ? Like to hear if anyone is towing like this?

Johnasked

Hi all
Would appreciate some good honest advice
Have been looking at a Kedron CP5 Compact and have just heard about a JB Gator X 2019 model.
The Gator X has air bag suspension, 2000 watt inverter and all the bells and whistles
The Gator is about $20K cheaper but is timber frame and plywood floor covered by aluminium panel. The Gator X seems ok???? Their website is pretty crappy so hard to see them
Any thoughts on reliability and if the Gator will hold up to some off road
Cheers John

Richard S.
Richard S.

Did you get any feedback on this

John

I ended up buying a gator x tho from a dealer in heatherbrae
The hand over was really bad so just working things out for myself

Mike S.
Mike S.

Hi John, How are you finding your Gator X van, I'm looking at one of these vans as well, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,

Mike

Tony K.asked

JB Caravans

What generator suits a JB gator. I believe a Honda 2 kva will fit in the box but looking at the specs they are 25 mm too high.

Rob Y.

Rob Y.asked

JB Caravans

Does the Gator have a pressure hatch to keep dust out?

Tony K.

Yes they do . I just bought a 2016 and it has one just above the bed.

Kerri Crooksasked

Dreamline Platinum

How do you turn off the light over the shower and how do you turn off the radio so it doesn’t glow all night?

Tony K.

Touch the centre of the light. It increases the brightness then turns off each time it is touched

Kerri Crooks

Thank you Tony. We tried that. Turns out there is a fault with the light. Would love to hear from someone about turning off the radio. We have pushed the button that is mentioned in the brochure, but we have not had any success with that either.

Jamie

Jamieasked

Dirt Roader

Hi will a dirt road Xtreme make it up to the cape ??

Darrylasked

JB Caravans

Is there a way you can turn off outside speakers on a JB dirt road extreme radio

Alysha

Alyshaasked

Gator

What are the bunk mattress sizes in the Gator. We’ve just bought one and I need to shop for sheets

Rayna

Raynaasked

Scorpion

I have a 2017 JB Scorpiin Sting 21’6.
It has the two water tanks in front of the axles and another water tank and great water tank behind the axle. When I’m free camping can I allocate which front tank of water I want to use or do I have no control over this? I can’t find any valve under the van except to empty the tanks to grade.
TIA

Scorpion

G'day Rayna, Under the fridge in the cupboard you will find 2 water pumps one is the designated drinking water the other draws water from the 2 front tanks, you will find 2 shut off valves on the top of this pump (part of the plumbing). You will have to shut one off, check your water water levels then run a tap for a few minutes to determine which valve draws from which of the front tanks.
Cheers Nigel

Betsy bono

Betsy bonoasked

Scorpion

How do I empty Grey water on the JB scorpion sting?

Macray

Macrayasked

Scorpion

Looking at purchasing a Scorpion Sting 21'6 Caravan. Has anyone had any problems? We have scoured the internet and we can only find positive feedback on product and company as a whole.
Would love to hear any feedback, Cheers.

Scorpion

The main problem is that JB are building top quality tough vans so as a consequence they seem to be gaining momentum and are selling heaps more vans, because people like yourself are researching and can't find many (or any) negatives.
This seems to be creating a problem at the coal face, because if there are any minor problems like small leaks etc (all vans have some problems, some brands problems are horrendous! JB's in my experience are minor) it is getting harder to get booked in for warranty service, last booking couldn't get in for over a month and then only because they squeezed me in.
The more vans they sell the worse it will get, until they realise and address the problem.
That Scorpion Sting is no doubt one of the best, looking toughest most comfortable vans on the market, and will fill you with pride as people and other JB owners come over to admire it. Please Please Please don't buy it!

Helen
Helen

We have the 2017 Scorpion sting 20’6 and live on the road full time , this is our 3rd caravan and I have to say we will never buy another brand , this van has it all everything works and is exceptional quality , we mostly stay in caravan parks but when free camping it’s just amazing you don’t need to worry about power and we can still use the coffee machine ! We have travelled off road and on the dustiest roads we sealed the door vent and the bottom fridge vent and left the rest open then opened up the scooper vent and we were just amazed that there was nothing at all in the van , also the service is just as everyone says it is the Caboolture team go above and beyond , do yourself a real favour buy one of these caravans , you really won’t be disappointed!!!

Haso
Haso

I have the 2018 21'6 Scorpion Sting.
No issues found, its is dust free when towed along dusty or gravel roads.
I am very happy with my Van

Gaynor B

Gaynor Basked

Dreamline Platinum

I have a 2012 dreamline... and i would like to replace curtains with venetian and privacy blinds... im in Adelaide.. any suggestions as to what this could be done please?...

Get an answer from our members and JB Caravans representatives