MPN: JBLBAR51BLKAS

See the Best Soundbars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great Base!

I bought this Soundbar to go with my great big TV, base is fantastic I honestly would hate to be the people living below in my apartment! I like the sound the only thing I find is that Music option doesn’t sound that great, I usually have it on Movie to have the good base and sound together! Definitely not a sound bar if you want to play music it’s definitely a movie sound bar! Anyway it’s still great, I love the detachable speakers!

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Music

love it perfect for our needs

what more can i say but does what it is intended to do and sounds better than i expected complements any TV experience and listening pleasure thanks for a quality product

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

A true wireless soundbar

I have used a 5.1 AV unit with cables for some time and in the new house we are in, the ability to run cables in walls or roof (flat roof extension) was going to be quite difficult. I looked at Samsung options but again the rear speakers required power and a box that would need to be put somewhere. JBL seemed to be the only soundbar provider who has overcome this. The setup was quite easy, mounting the speaker brackets on the wall is easy so you can pull them down to charge. We have used the speakers even in other rooms of the house to play music, so they become a portable option. I even found that they have a magnet in them so you can (if game) attach them to a metal object. Been using them outside even!

There are some issues I have with the unit, it is not perfect but also this could be the way I have it currently configured so still playing with options.

Pros:
-great sound and bass and actual wireless
-remote has options for surround speaker levels and bass
-thus far the battery in wireless speakers seems to be 8+ hours, but time will tell
-arc support for control of TV/PS4
-Bluetooth support
-calibration piece in case you move the speakers (though its very loud)
-turn TV off, soundbar will too

Cons
-can’t get remote to work with TV to pause/play music running as app on tv
-the remote seems a bit on the cheaper side, build quality
-wireless speakers won't charge if the soundbar is in use, only when in standby, but can be charged via a USB cable

TIP: given the speakers have a battery, I opted for an extended warranty, purely on the fact that anything with a battery will eventually degrade. It may be worth the investment in long run if battery fails.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $798.00.

Music

Superb quality and stylish

The JBL bar 5.1 is very exquisite to look at and the materials used are good quality. I like the wireless subwoofer but I like the most is the removable surround satellite speakers that you put on a stand or wall mount. It’s performance is spectacular when you watch movies with 5.1 channel. The setup is straightforward and the connectivity are great (hdmi, aux and Bluetooth). Overall despite the price tag it’s all worth it!