JBL Inspire 500

JBL Inspire 500

See the Best Wireless Headphones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Laurie

LaurieSouth Morang

Great

Have used these headphones for many hours now, and have had no problem. I am not incredibly fussy when it comes to headphones though, so I may not look for things like some would.

Purchased in February 2017.

StevenL

StevenLGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great wireless earphone for work outs

Very good quality sound and it announces the successful blue tooth connection and when it is powered down.
However, it doesn't connect automatically with my iPhone when powered up. Blue tooth connection needs to be manually activated via iPhone set up every time it is switched on which is annoying.
Otherwise battery life is decent and charging time is also reasonable within one hour.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Happy customer

Happy customerBrisbane

A good exercise companion

These wireless headphones make exercise so much easier. The connectivity and functionality are reliable and easy to use. The wireless range is good for studios, gym and home - 30 to 80 metres depending on obstructions. If they do cut out when out of range they connect quickly and automatically on return. Charge time is fast enough and the battery usage is good - I get 4 to 6 gym sessions from them varying between 30 mins to 1 and a hour hours each session.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
BlueAnto

BlueAntoNSW, 2000

Good Item For Outdoor & Workouts

We bought one of these for our daughter who is very active outdoors person. With previous Bose in-ear headphones they kept falling out and did not last as long. So far these have proved to be quite reliable and we are quite happy with a brand that we have had little to do with in the past.

Charlie Rusconi

Charlie RusconiUrapuntja

Great audio quality

I love the quality of the sound in the earphones. I have other JBL products and I like the twist-lock technology, which never hurts. These do tend to wiggle their way out of my ear on occasion but I have small ears. With other wireless headphones, I've found that the bass doesn't come through well, this is not the case with these. The battery life is also fantastic; I can sometimes go a couple days without needing to recharge them.

Sonicka

SonickaKaraber

We took it back

Look to be honest. The sound was great, clear and sharp, our issue was that we could not get the bluetooth to go any further than our loungeroom, and even that sometimes wasnt functioning too well. Wether it was from our side or the headphones, im not sure, but we took it back and got a refund, purchased another model.

Kathy

KathySTIRLING

Sports Headphones

The quality of the earplugs is also very soft, which is characterized by its twistlock technique, which makes the earplugs firm and does not fall off.
Inspire 500 has a magnetic paste adsorption quik clik function, both back a touch can be glued together, so whether it is to receive or run after the steps hanging around the neck is more convenient.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Don’t buy them!

They broke within the first few weeks of buying them. I had them paired to my phone and now they won’t connect to my phone or any other device. I would not recommend this product at all! By far the worst pair of headphones I’ve ever had. I would buy the cheap ones over this any day.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Fall out of ears

I purchased the JBL Inspire 500 form JB Hifi a few weeks ago. I am not happy with this product. The earpiece constantly falls out of my ears.

I use them when I go for a run. After minutes they fall out. I have watched videos on how to insert and lock them in. They do lock in but fall out when jogging.

Not impressed

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Mickeymouse

Mickeymouse

Can I HEAR IT?

My ears hurt ,so I need conturing soft,nurturing,plugs to be able to join in in this invention.I personally think earplugs are a great invention,as it's convenient and affordable.It's a bit of me time and no one knows what i'm actually doing.Don;t need batteries for this one,so plug them in and off I go.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Audio Runner

Audio RunnerBrisbane

Poor quality

The battery went flat after a week. I plugged it in to charge after each workout, but slowly the battery charge got lower and lower. The JBL Inspire run out of charge completely one week after purchase. It gets hot what I plug the charger in, but the charge isn't kept and it only works for a minute or two before dropping out. Tried pairing with my phone and laptop. Paid too much for something that is garbage quality.
If I'd read the reviews here and on amazon first I would never have bought them.
The unit is sold variously as Harman Inspire 500 or JBL Inspire 500 or Yurbuds Inspire 500.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Good running or cycling headphones

Good headphones for the price you pay. The battery life was good. The overall feel of the headphones is good. It supplies good bass for the size and price of the headphones. Not a fan of the over ear piece though. If you want to spend under $100 on headphones that are of good quality I would buy these.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Cam

CamOurimbah

Great sounding headphones, comfortable poor battery life

Bought just after Christmas at jbhifi when looking for a comfortable pair of Bluetooth headphones to wear while running cost me $52 ( bought 2 pairs for $104) other pair was a gift. sound quality was washed out a bit when I first used them but after a week I swapped the inear bits for the included larger ones and sound quality was greatly improved. Battery only seems to last about 2.5 hours which is ok for me as I don’t workout for that long but other similar headphones offer 12 hour battery life

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Don't Bother

Had these for a few months before taking them in. Firstly, earpieces are great in your ear but they slip off the headphones so I lost them. The supplier/company failed at sending me replacements twice (wrong size, fit and kind). Secondly, the sound just stopped working one day. My phone would say that its playing but I didn't hear anything. I tried pairing it with my laptop too and that didn't work either. Save your breath. Strongly recommend AGAINST buying these.

Laura Ann

Laura AnnMelbourne

Not a fan

I don't find these very comfortable and they tend to fall out if I don't stick them in hard enough and then get sore ears. If I'm sitting at my desk and not moving they are fine. Having connection issues with phone to headphones a lot and disconnects even with phone in hand. Fiddle around and works again. Will get over ear ones next time.

KBX

KBXmelbourne

fit in the ear perfectly

It fits in your eat perfectly and doesn't drop easily, so I think it is good for sports, I am not too particular about sound. I have been looking for earphones with sound controls, mic and answer button so I can use it without taking my phone out of the bag.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Brad

BradMelbourne

Decent value for money

Not the most comfortable in ear headphones I've used, but the sound quality is descent enough for the price. I purchased them for exercising with, and being wireless they are great for that.
The range is pretty good too (10m + from my experience). I've found myself using them around the house doing the cleaning etc. Can listen to my podcast, music and take calls all whilst my phone is on charge.
If you can find them on special, I would recommend them. At RRP, I think there are better options.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Zhanna

ZhannaSydney

Not too bad, but design could be much better

Date PurchasedNov 2016