JBL Xtreme

JBL Xtreme

MPN: 36523596

Great sound but inferior battery

I've had 2 of these. Sound is awesome. But the battery is probably the cheapest JBL could find. First one stopped charging after 3 months. With some difficulty, I managed to have it exchanged under warranty. Second one, after a year of moderate use, battery began lasting no longer than 15 minutes. Thanks JBL!

Purchased at Bing Lee Physical store for $350.00.

Awesome speakers

My mother made me buy it for her. Didn't think much of it at the time, but when I heard how it played... Wow it sounded great. Very clear sound and strong base forgot to mention how LOUD it is! So I ended up buying one myself lol. Dam

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Great Sound, Poor Longevity

I have 2 JBL Xtreme's, 2 Flip and recently a Boombox. All have brilliant sound and great battery life. However, the battery on my first Xtreme died after approx 2 years and I can't even use it when plugged into mains power. After inquiring with JBL, if and where I might get it repaired, I was advised it is not economical to repair them and they don't have an authorised repairer in Australia. Very disappointed, as they are very good speakers and not what I consider cheap.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Always connected to my wife's laptop, all audio is delivered via this 360 deg speaker.

Its heavy & yes its quite expensive, ............BUT
1) The sound is fantastic, it never clips, has tons of volume capacity, never need to listen at beyond about 3/4 of full volume.
2) It's heavy but also it is rugged & it does not vibrate. The carry strap we hardly ever use, but it addresses the weight issue. BTW good speakers are always heavy - one of life's Hi-Fi facts, this speaker sounds like a Hi-Fi setup.
3) Can't comment on the battery because almost 100% of time this is powered by 240VAC mains via a power supply unit supplied with the speaker (as is the laptop itself).
4) We needed help to setup, found the instructions hopeless, the supplier helped immediately over the phone.
For size price & weight this is a truly great product, I don't think anyone would regret buying!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Disaster battery

Just after the warranty period the speaker battery start to playing
Paid around $350 for a premium quality.
Now I'm searching the web to find how can I replace the battery
And I found lots of blogs about same issue.
Can buy the battery from eBay buy it is not original one.
It is a shame

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Such a great speaker!

So i got sick of low quality sound and my beat pill 2.0 was getting a little thrashed and lost a lot of its sound quality. I wanted to get a larger unit this time so that way i wouldn't have to thrash it so much. I had the choice of this or the Logitech and decided that i would go for the JBL as i love anything to do with HARMON audio.

This speaker sounds so good. I use it in the shower when i am shaving, in the shed when i'm playing with the car and we use it out side when we are entertaining. The sound is always amazing, I have never had to turn it up past 2/3 volume to have amazing sound. I have tested it at full volume but it tends to loose a fair bit of its deep sound but it doesn't become unclear. the high notes are hit quite well however im a huge treble lover so I would like a little more but it is pretty good the way it is! This speaker has a real sweet spot though and when its there you would think you're listening to a high quality mini HiFi and not a Bluetooth speaker.

I do have a question on the quality on the finish. I have some glue marks near the buttons but this does not affect the machine at all or how good it sounds.

I got mine in red as the blue was not the right blue for me. The battery life is really good. I have mine on charge a lot as i use it in my room also.

I love this speaker and everyone who listened to it agrees that it it is a really good sounding speaker and is surprised by what it can do

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Perfect

I have always been happy with the quality of products which JBL release. This speaker is no exception. The sound quality is perfect, with very good sound quality hitting the highs and lows with fantastic bass. The speaker also has no problem with connectivity and the battery life is very long.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Fantastic Bluetooth speaker

Fantastic Bluetooth speaker amazing bass from a portable speaker well worth the money makes my music come alive. Sounds great at party's and almost made 10 hrs at high volume, you can also charge your phone from the built in 10000mAH battery. Has great Bluetooth range and you also have a line input. I recommend this speaker if you like music out and about.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Excellent Bass

You'd be surprised to know that this is actually a portable speaker. It's that good it sounds like my Logitech Z623. There's no question this is better than UE and Bose alternatives. You have to go instore to hear the difference - or have a look at youtube video comparisons.

The only downside to this is the actual unit is really heavy to lug around. But the shoulder strap helps portability a bit.

Overall I'm very happy with my purchase - money well spent.

Best sound!!!

I am 10o% happy with my JBL extreme!
Easy to Bluetooth connect.
Full charge lasts amazingly.
The sound is JUST AWESOME, whether your going room to room cleaning, in the car or at the beach it's PERFECT.

I'm a regular user of it & love the fact that it's just so easy to connect right away to my soundcloud on my phone.

The strap definitely comes in handy & is always on. I put it over doors, up high in the kitchen & I know it's sturdy & won't vibrate off anything!!

I have friends who work on building sites & it is perfect for such surroundings.

The only downfall is the weight BUT everything else concurs & it really isn't a problem - I have even lugged it overseas because nothing compares!!!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Big sounding speaker, inside or outside.

My wife grabbed this for me to shut me up after months of lusting after it. I'd been blown away by the sound in store and wanted one for home, bbqs, camping etc.

Since grabbing it, it's given us nothing but solid, dependable, big, natural, sound.

In my opinion, it beats the pants off UE Boom and the truly terrible Beat pill series. The beats speakers run up next to this sounded like a fat mess, and the UE Booms, whilst not bad, just couldn't match up to the transparency that this speaker provides at ALL volumes.

Battery life is a huge decided factor for me when it comes to all kinds of tech, and in the Extreme it's nothing short of fantastic. Runs for days if not weeks when not fully cranked and can charge portably devices also.

In short, if you're looking for a bluetooth speaker in this price range, listen to this next its competitors before you lay your cash down. It's that good.

Recommended.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker

Great sound out of a small speaker unit. Using your iPhone media collection to choose what music you wish to listen to. Some facts that are missing from the setup guide.

Price:$319.00 - Cost varies by as much as $60-$70 depending on the store.

Mobile phones using Windows 8.1 and up need to download a "Stop The Music" function. Or you're stuck with "pause" only at this time. Newbie, so I couldn't work out how to add music to various genres, stuck with an A-Z list instead on the Windows operating systems. There are a few apps to chose from in the Windows app store.

For Andriod, Google or Apple download "JBL Connect" app. It's FREE.

Some issues I found when using JBL Xtreme regarding the use over a long period of time. The music will become jumpy or it seems to skip during the playing of a song. The fix is simply restarting your phone. No idea why.
Using Nokia Lumia 1320

You are able to connect the JBL Xtreme to your computer with a male to male 3.5 jack lead. Allows you to be a DJ that way.

Upside move it anywhere you want and it last for hours. Distance to the mobile phone may be an issue.

Great sound - Battery Life Not Quite There

Great sound with a clear bass, batter life of up to 15 hours claimed is a little optimistic. Good hardy product which is great for camping or other outdoor activities. Not sure whether this is possible but a recharge through a usb would be beneficial and give better flexibility when camping.

Overall happy with the purchase.

Excellent sound. Ipod USB connectivity would be nice

It was on special for $100 off the RRP so we snapped it up. This is an outstanding little unit. Great sound, excellent bass response. Easy to connect via Bluetooth.
The battery reportedly will last 12 hours giving heaps of music away from a power cord.
And the ability for it to be networked with other JBL speakers makes it a gem for big parties.
The only thing stopping me giving it a 5 star rating is that despite having two USB ports the system can't play ipods via USB. Instead, ipods need to be plugged in via the 3.5" jack.
Otherwise an excellent boom box.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

It's good but sounded better in the shop

It's a great unit and has much better bass than the others BUT this bass heavy sound quickly changes at about half volume. The bass is gone and the sound becomes a little tinny.

Still much better than the other portables, surprisingly loud too even when turned down the sound travels better than one would think.

Got mine from DWI for 260

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Best by far

This unit will fill a room with clear and meaty sound and you will soon forget the 300 you paid as you will enjoy every note. The portability and versatility of this technology is all rounded up in this top unit. It is on the heavy side but that's cause it is full of great bits and pieces to produce this awesome sound - 14hr battery and 2 subs.
Thought the zippered port cover bit fiddly getting the plugs aligned a bit iffy but the compromise is the its splashproof.

I replaced the battery in my JBL Xtreme & connected the A/C adapter to charge the new battery - but it still won’t work... My JBL comes on & then it cuts off within a couple of minutes... A red light flashes which indicates the battery isn’t charged ( none of the white lights for the charge level are lit)... I plugged my iPhone into 1 of 2 USB ports on my JBL w/ the A/C adapter still connected - which I’ve done before to charge my iPhone, but now my iPhone won’t charge as it should... Does anyone know what the problem is ? Is it possibly the A/C adapter ? Thank you :)
I do not believe I am equiped to help with your problem. If I were in your shoes I'd return the product to the manufacturer or retailer & have them investigate. Typically they will have access to experienced technicians who should be able to help

will it play off a flash drive?
Hi there. Unfortunately mine doesn’t. I have tried this but it’s pure Bluetooth or AUX in.

I just purchased jbl extreme speaker. Can i play music while my speaker is charging?
Yes, you can. It won't harm the speaker at all.

Xtreme