JBL Xtreme

JBL Xtreme

MPN: 36523596

See the Best Portable Speakers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Steve

SteveHunter Region, NSW

Great sound but battery is not the best

I have had this for a few years now. The bass and sound is great. Its easy to connect to my phone.

But the battery is not the best. It now only lasts half an hour before going dead.

I love JBL as a brand but I think this is a bit of a fail.

Purchased in October 2014.

Bad battery

Good sound but after 15 months the battery won't turn on unless it's connected to a power source rendering the wireless aspect completely useless.. I only use it average twice a month. if you think you are only going to use it for 12 months then buy it, otherwise forget it...

Purchased in April 2018 for $279.00.

Michael L.

Michael L.South East Queensland, QLD

Battery fail

Had speaker for 20 months, it performed well during that period. Only used it about once a fortnight for about an hour.
The battery then started to shut down after about 5 minutes rendering it useless. JBL not interested in doing anything as out of warranty period.
In light of other reviews here stating the same, I cannot recommend this brand or product.

Purchased in November 2017 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $250.00.

Danny Dan Dan

Danny Dan DanSydney, NSW

Great sound but inferior battery

I've had 2 of these. Sound is awesome. But the battery is probably the cheapest JBL could find. First one stopped charging after 3 months. With some difficulty, I managed to have it exchanged under warranty. Second one, after a year of moderate use, battery began lasting no longer than 15 minutes. Thanks JBL!

Purchased in May 2016 at Bing Lee Physical store for $350.00.

Ayoub S

Ayoub SAU

Awesome speakers

My mother made me buy it for her. Didn't think much of it at the time, but when I heard how it played... Wow it sounded great. Very clear sound and strong base forgot to mention how LOUD it is! So I ended up buying one myself lol. Dam

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Great Sound, Poor Longevity

I have 2 JBL Xtreme's, 2 Flip and recently a Boombox. All have brilliant sound and great battery life. However, the battery on my first Xtreme died after approx 2 years and I can't even use it when plugged into mains power. After inquiring with JBL, if and where I might get it repaired, I was advised it is not economical to repair them and they don't have an authorised repairer in Australia. Very disappointed, as they are very good speakers and not what I consider cheap.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

peterlonzSouth East Queensland, QLD

Always connected to my wife's laptop, all audio is delivered via this 360 deg speaker.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

parham

parhamTehran, Iran

Disaster battery

Just after the warranty period the speaker battery start to playing
Paid around $350 for a premium quality.
Now I'm searching the web to find how can I replace the battery
And I found lots of blogs about same issue.
Can buy the battery from eBay buy it is not original one.
It is a shame

Date PurchasedNov 2015

BJ_JTMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Such a great speaker!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Mark

MarkBrisbane

Perfect

I have always been happy with the quality of products which JBL release. This speaker is no exception. The sound quality is perfect, with very good sound quality hitting the highs and lows with fantastic bass. The speaker also has no problem with connectivity and the battery life is very long.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Ray74

Ray74QLD, 4884

Fantastic Bluetooth speaker

Fantastic Bluetooth speaker amazing bass from a portable speaker well worth the money makes my music come alive. Sounds great at party's and almost made 10 hrs at high volume, you can also charge your phone from the built in 10000mAH battery. Has great Bluetooth range and you also have a line input. I recommend this speaker if you like music out and about.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Dean

DeanMelbourne

Excellent Bass

You'd be surprised to know that this is actually a portable speaker. It's that good it sounds like my Logitech Z623. There's no question this is better than UE and Bose alternatives. You have to go instore to hear the difference - or have a look at youtube video comparisons.

The only downside to this is the actual unit is really heavy to lug around. But the shoulder strap helps portability a bit.

Overall I'm very happy with my purchase - money well spent.

ChanelleYork

ChanelleYorkMelbourne

Best sound!!!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Nrm

Nrm

Big sounding speaker, inside or outside.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
CodeRed

CodeRedSydney, NSW

JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker

Great sound - Battery Life Not Quite There

Great sound with a clear bass, batter life of up to 15 hours claimed is a little optimistic. Good hardy product which is great for camping or other outdoor activities. Not sure whether this is possible but a recharge through a usb would be beneficial and give better flexibility when camping.

Overall happy with the purchase.

pwo128NT, 820

Excellent sound. Ipod USB connectivity would be nice

It was on special for $100 off the RRP so we snapped it up. This is an outstanding little unit. Great sound, excellent bass response. Easy to connect via Bluetooth.
The battery reportedly will last 12 hours giving heaps of music away from a power cord.
And the ability for it to be networked with other JBL speakers makes it a gem for big parties.
The only thing stopping me giving it a 5 star rating is that despite having two USB ports the system can't play ipods via USB. Instead, ipods need to be plugged in via the 3.5" jack.
Otherwise an excellent boom box.

Blake S

Blake S

It's good but sounded better in the shop

It's a great unit and has much better bass than the others BUT this bass heavy sound quickly changes at about half volume. The bass is gone and the sound becomes a little tinny.

Still much better than the other portables, surprisingly loud too even when turned down the sound travels better than one would think.

Got mine from DWI for 260

Date PurchasedNov 2016

TECHCHECK

TECHCHECK

Best by far

This unit will fill a room with clear and meaty sound and you will soon forget the 300 you paid as you will enjoy every note. The portability and versatility of this technology is all rounded up in this top unit. It is on the heavy side but that's cause it is full of great bits and pieces to produce this awesome sound - 14hr battery and 2 subs.
Thought the zippered port cover bit fiddly getting the plugs aligned a bit iffy but the compromise is the its splashproof.

Tarzan

Tarzanasked

I replaced the battery in my JBL Xtreme & connected the A/C adapter to charge the new battery - but it still won’t work... My JBL comes on & then it cuts off within a couple of minutes... A red light flashes which indicates the battery isn’t charged ( none of the white lights for the charge level are lit)... I plugged my iPhone into 1 of 2 USB ports on my JBL w/ the A/C adapter still connected - which I’ve done before to charge my iPhone, but now my iPhone won’t charge as it should... Does anyone know what the problem is ? Is it possibly the A/C adapter ? Thank you :)

peterlonz

I do not believe I am equiped to help with your problem.
If I were in your shoes I'd return the product to the manufacturer or retailer & have them investigate.
Typically they will have access to experienced technicians who should be able to help

Sahil S

Sahil Sasked

will it play off a flash drive?

Hi there.

Unfortunately mine doesn’t. I have tried this but it’s pure Bluetooth or AUX in.

Ren Ren

Ren Renasked

I just purchased jbl extreme speaker. Can i play music while my speaker is charging?

pwo128

Yes, you can. It won't harm the speaker at all.

Get an answer from our members and JBL representatives