Jeep Cherokee KK

Jeep Cherokee KK (2008-2013)

See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Jeep? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Features
nilbog
nilbogSydney, NSW

20 breakdowns, 4 tows and still faulty

In the 6 years we owned it, it spent over 6 months at the mechanics. Never did solve all the issues, and we are talking about major failures brakes, ABS, Cooling system,and more. Mechanics replaced so many parts and after 3 years the brakes failing to release randomly did get resolved. Sudden full engine management failure causing limp-home-mode was never resolved.

Purchased in June 2011 for $54,500.00.

Never again

Jeep Australia what a poor vehicle to put on the market in this country. The dealer network doesn't seem to understand what the vehicle is all about, on 3 separate occasions after 20K 30K and 40 K service the vehicle broke down in the forecourt after picking it. On these occasions I returned the vehicle to the dealer due other issues arises within the week of the regular routine service. The vehicle has now done 105k for the last year dealer on dealer cannot get a EGR valve which is intermittently failing ( limp mode ) nothing in Australia is my constant reponse
I am now in the state of mind to get rid of the lemon.

BadgeLimited
TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedAug 2010
Ashton W
Ashton WMaroochydore

Wish there was a "half star" option

Paid $49,000 for a new jeep.
It dropped a fuel line in the dealers driveway before we could even drive it off their premises!
Had 21 more issues and needed 5 more tow trucks over its short-lived life.
Never took it off road cause I didn't trust it.
Tried to get the dealer ([name removed]) and the importer Fiat Chrysler Group Australia to give me a full refund or a replacement vehicle but they refused every request.
I refused to on-sell my problem Jeep to someone else, so we crowd-funded the total destruction of it.

BadgeLEMON
TransmissionAutomatic
Midsize / Medium SUVs

Find out how Jeep Cherokee KK compares to other Midsize / Medium SUVs

Heap of rubbish

Rotors and brakes wore out before 15000ks what a joke DVD player broke and wasn't fixed excuses and more excuses never again!!

Jespher

our-latest-expert-car-reviews
melagil
melagil

Terrible

24 hours after i took delivery of it i had the displeasure of watching it winched onto a tow truck when it broke down, a sight i am now used to having wathced it 4x since. the car simply loses all power and acceleration making it dangerous. jeep have walked around scratching their head and using me as guinea pig as they have tried to fix - unsuccessfully. Steer clear I would buy a skateboard before i touched a jeep again.
Nothing. Have had the car 16 months and it has been towed 5 times!!
Jeep cannot fix a recurring problem which has meant they have my vehicle for 12 weeks since October. They do not have a clue what is wrong but wont replace the car.

Tez73
Tez73
Carlie
Carlie

hi did you have any further problems once your vehicle got over 50000ks ??? how would you rate the 09 jeep

Spice
SpiceWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Buyer beware

Expensive to run, nothing but trouble - water dripping down from the air conditioner wrecked the carpet and stereo, all dash equipment died, it was only four years old! Will never get another or recommend!

Too much

Mark567
Mark567
Nicney
NicneyAU

OK

The car is fun to go off road in but expensive to run and repair. I don't think I'd ever buy another one.
The space and off roading.
One by one, almost everything has broken on our Jeep and it's quite expensive to repair or replace parts. It is a very heavy car so uses a lot of fuel. I recently found out it only has one anchor point - so unbeleivably wee can only fit one child seat in the back of this big car, which I assume would be sold as a family car. We need to pay to get a second anchor point installed.

Glenn Kellie
Glenn Kellieasked
Cherokee KK (2008-2013)

What is best engine oil for 3.7Ltr petrol engine, done 139,000klm. KK 2009 Cherokee. Thanks

Zaklina Matlioska
Zaklina Matlioskaasked

What is n20c it came on the dash when I couldn’t start the car up

Jelly H.
Jelly H.asked
Cherokee KK (2008-2013)

Hi all. Help! My Jeep Cherokee 2012 won’t drive over 40km/ph. I think I left the lights on all day (weird because it usually beeps to remind me) I got it jumpstarted. Ran the car for 10 minutes before driving however it wouldn’t drive over 40km/ph so I went back to work and left it running for another 10 minutes and still the same thing happened when I tried to drive it again. The battery is not that old. I did fiddle around under the steering and near pedals trying to find the bonnet switch inside the car

See all Jeep Cherokee KK (2008-2013) questions

Jeep Cherokee KK (2008-2013)

Compare all 7 Jeep Cherokee