Jeep Cherokee

77 questions from our users

Lily D

Lily Dasked

Cherokee

Husband looking to buy 2016/2017 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 2.0L Diesel Limited. Would like to know from someone who has purchased this type of vehicle and their thoughts.

Lily

Joshua P.asked

Cherokee KJ (2001-2007)

has anyone had issues with petrol consumption on the 3.7 limited that only gives you 250km to the tank on 2WD mode?

Mary

Maryasked

Cherokee

Any recent comments from owners with 2020 top model J.Cherokee? They don't look as solid to me.

Mohammad

Mohammadasked

Cherokee KJ (2001-2007)

What is the size of piston ring gap please?

Joshua P.asked

hi,

im buying a 2003 Jeep Cherokee KJ Limited (4x4) Blue 4 Speed Automatic Wagon. I am wondering if there are any issues with these cars.

ive read the reviews here and the responses to the questions.

the one im getting has 309812km done and is the 3.7l 6 cylinder version.

Lee
Lee

I looooove mine . I’d the MOT has all the parts done - get an engine service and off too go. It’s best vehicle I’ve ever had

thanks for the tip

Saynee

Sayneeasked

Cherokee

I have a Jeep Cherokee 2010 an everytime I hit 100km on the motorway, it like jumps, not sure how else to explain it but it almost feels like I need to change gears or something but it’s a automatic. Anyone know what I might be talking about?

Brettski

What is n20c it came on the dash when I couldn’t start the car up

Paul T.

Paul T.asked

Cherokee KJ (2001-2007)

i have a 2003 jeep renegade 3.7l v6 would like to know when is the service intervals. it has 97,000km which is low..i have put 2500km since imported..also i bought a new exterior door lock/unlock key from jeep but how do i program to work? it does not have panic button, only open close and back window.. there are no jeep garages in Mozambique so need online help with this..

John T

John Tasked

Cherokee KJ (2001-2007)

2005 2.8l turbo diesel - everything randomly shuts down when taking off after idling or parking but not while travelling.

chefcros

chefcrosasked

Cherokee KL (2014-2020)

Rough gear changes on a 2014 Cherokee sport
What can I do about this

Amber

Amberasked

Cherokee

I was hoping I can get some help I've just had my oil pressure sensor changed on my 2001 jeep grand Cherokee and now the pressure won't go up and the check gauge light stays on how do i reset it please

Garry M.

Garry M.asked

why is jeep Cherokee won't rev over 3000k

Keith C.

Keith C.asked

Cherokee KJ (2001-2007)

What causes my litre per 100 to vary from 10 litres to 15 on the same drive daily.one day it will use with cruise on or off.so nothing different in driving style

Keith C.

Keith C.asked

Are auto gearbox the same in 2002 and 2004

Ian W.

Ian W.asked

Cherokee KJ (2001-2007)

My interior lights won't come on when doors are opened , why

Jelly H.

Jelly H.asked

Cherokee KK (2008-2013)

Jelly H.

Jelly H.asked

Cherokee

Hi all. Help! My Jeep Cherokee 2012 won’t drive over 40km/ph. I think I left the lights on all day (weird because it usually beeps to remind me) I got it jumpstarted. Ran the car for 10 minutes before driving however it wouldn’t drive over 40km/ph so I went back to work and left it running for another 10 minutes and still the same thing happened when I tried to drive it again. The battery is not that old. I did fiddle around under the steering and near pedals trying to find the bonnet switch inside the car?

Phill B.

Phill B.asked

Cherokee KJ (2001-2007)

2005 Jeep Cherokee when The Air conditioner is used a lot the charge light come s on and the motor stop will not start again till the motor is cool . Don't seem to have any problems with the vehicle when the air conditioner is not used. Happened twice now.

Phill

Steven A.

Steven A.asked

Cherokee KL (2014-2020)

Have the transmission problems been fixed now, or is it a bad idea to buy a Cherokee. If they have been fixed, was it just software update or did it require a new transmission.

Bam
Bam

My understanding in the main it was the 4cyl that caused the majority of the 9 speed gearbox problems. The 4cyl didn't have sufficient power / torque and caused the gearbox to over rev etc. Having said that there were 6cyl issues, with poor shifting etc. ZF always maintained it was a software issue for Jeep as mechanically, in their opinion the gearbox was sound. (Jeep were responsible for the software). Having said that my 2014 Trailhawk has done 87,000km with no gearbox issues.
The software is said to have been tweaked again for the MY19 model.

Other Midsize / Medium SUVs