Jeep Cherokee

Jeep Cherokee Questions & Answers (page 5 of 5)

KJ, KK, KL

83 questions from our users

G.Pa.
G.Pa.asked
Cherokee

I'm looking at buying new 2012 jeep cherokee jet, am i doing the right thing?

No, Parts cost alot
labour is in the thousands if you get the mechanics to work on it for you.
the new the jeep the worst they are for being a dependable car. The diesels are Good if you change tyhe engine oil and the fuel filter ever 5000 km. Synthetic oil is 30 a litre. The fuel filters are $60 each. The timing belt is $380 and thats just for the belt, if you fit it yourself thats good but Labour for the timing belt is $1200.

That needs to be done every 100,000 km, if it breaks you will have a $10,900 repair bill.
The EGR system is poor and cloggs up the intake manifold and it doesn't burn the diesel very well, the black unburn't fuel mixes with the sot and makes the black paste and blocks up the sensors confusing the computer.

the Auto trans. fluid must be changed every 20,000 km and the filters , the Auto filter cost from $60 for the two aftermarket but jeep want over $450.
If you have this kind of money then sure get one but i will never get one again

Allen
0412119530

Spice

I think you would have read my reviews of the jeep we owned. They would have to make significant improvements for us to even look at one again. Even then I really don't think we would bother.

Gay43
Gay43asked
Cherokee

we are looking at buying a jeep cherokee jet 2012 any advice would be appreciated

Allen10

If your bringing in a wage of over $100K a year , get the jeep, if you bring in less. Pick something else. Parts prices in Australia are 7 times what the prices are in anywhere else in the world. The EGR system clogs up everything else

Spice

Look I don't know anything about this model and maybe they have improved things since we had a jeep, but I still wouldn't touch one with a barge pole and do not recommend them.

peter484848
peter484848asked
Cherokee

hi, I have a 2003 kj cherokee sport (built in usa Oct 2002) and wish to know what model they call this in usa.
thanks and cheers

Spice

I'm sorry but I don't know what they call that model in the USA, I'm sure if you google it you will be able to find out and you will see issues that other people have had with them. To be honest since our issue with the jeep we haven't given them a second thought and would NEVER go near another.

Wilko52
Wilko52

Liberty

Allen10

in the USA there are no diesel Liberty so i am told

Jeep Cherokee