Jeep Cherokee

Jeep Cherokee (page 4 of 6)

KJ, KK, KL

• Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features

Still the best car I have ever experienced in 60 years

My second Jeep after 15 years. Even better than the XJ. Fuel consumption in city hopeless, in country a lot better. Happier to pay for fuel than tow trucks. Gas struts a common failure after five years, bonnet, tail gate etc.Still, cheap to replace. Found Jeep dealers service?(2) hopeless. Find a good independent mechanic and stick there.
Still waiting 17 months for a part (tow bar) to be replaced under a world wide recall!

Wombat

The long awaited tow bar was finally installed today. A very neat job by the Jeep dealer's workshop.

Wombat

Looks great, feels great, shame it's always under repair.

One of the first Trailhawks off the boat in 2014 I loved the car for comfort and driving, just some little Transmission glitches at the start. It took 17 months and 3-4 re-flashes to get the transmission to kick down at the right point.
In the meantime I've had bluetooth issues, oil leak on the left rear axle, broken oil pressure switch, intermittent sensor failures (intermittent), Tailgate lift failure (intermittent), broken cargo blind stopper (design flaw), Flat tyre pressure warnings on cold days. I wouldn't risk buying another Jeep but series 2 will probably be better.
Fuel usage is about 12/100 mixed urban on petrol.

Flat
Flat

As the author of the review, I'm very happy to have traded after 4 years and even though I lost $25000 in value over 4 years I'm not looking back and I'm buying a different brand of car.

Rachel Z

Rachel Z

I Could Live In This Car

Besides looking super sexy on the outside, the Jeep Cherokee Limited is unbelievably luxurious on the inside.

We've always bought Jeeps and this one really has an upmarket feel. Driving wise it's smooth and comfortable, with so many features I feel really safe and relaxed while driving.

Only downside is boot space. Once I put a pram in there, I have little room for much else. Considering Jeep is supposed to be the adventurers car I would've thought they'd have made this more of a priority.

Other than that, I can't get enough of driving it. I take any opportunity to get in the car and go!

Find out how Jeep Cherokee compares to other Midsize / Medium SUVs

What more can you ask when you already got a full package

Took me a long time to decide which car to buy as my first car with so limited budget. Am Glad that I eventually choose Jeep Cherokee Jet edition over the other cars. Don't get me wrong, this is a very thirsty monster but what you expect, it's a MONSTER!!

BadgeJet
Mark

MarkAdelaide

2012 KK Limited Jet 4WD - My 3 Year Review

BadgeJet
Luke

Luke

Don’t do it to yourself.

I’ve never encountered a business that could give less of a crap about their customers than FCA Australia and their dealerships.

At first I loved my Cherokee. I’ve now had it for 4.5 years. It’s been faulty for at least 3.5 of those years. All along the way, I’ve had to battle incompetence, disinterest, obstruction and lies. Despite FCA’s claims to be addressing their reputation, I’ve experienced no improvement. I’m exhausted by it and I just want out of the vehicle.

It was an expensive mistake that I regret and I urge you, do not buy a Jeep. This lot do not deserve anyone’s money.

Bought one - very happy

Test drove the Jeep and the Mazda CX5. The Jeep was quicker and bigger.
Size won me over. I am very happy with car. I dont think that the interior was as nice in the jeep as the mazda either but as a whole I prefered the jeep. - I also have an extended warranty that the dealer gave me free.

BadgeLongitude
Bigdog51

Bigdog51SYDNEY

Jeep Cherokee 2002

Our Jeep has 223,000 kms on it now. It has cost me next to nix in extra repairs from a used purchase at 20,000 kms and 12 months old (after it had already been around Oz as a lead tour vehicle). It has original everything and has never had the gearbox oil or air gas changed (and everything works). You can get duds, you can get beauties...I am a happy camper but I do change (the basic engine etc.) oils and filters personally and frequently.

Ashton W

Ashton WMaroochydore

Wish there was a "half star" option

Paid $49,000 for a new jeep.
It dropped a fuel line in the dealers driveway before we could even drive it off their premises!
Had 21 more issues and needed 5 more tow trucks over its short-lived life.
Never took it off road cause I didn't trust it.
Tried to get the dealer ([name removed]) and the importer Fiat Chrysler Group Australia to give me a full refund or a replacement vehicle but they refused every request.
I refused to on-sell my problem Jeep to someone else, so we crowd-funded the total destruction of it.

BadgeLEMON

Need high ground clearance

I owned a 2011 cherokee limited. I find this cherokee is good for medium off roading, but excellent for sand driving with extra added ground cleraence. Superb interior with leather seating. It done 71000 kms successful without any complaints. Only change battery recently.High fuel economy and service cost are the only draw backs which I can mention. Each services cost me above $700 and the last major service for 48000 cost me $1100.Suspension and stearing wheels are not smooth I admit it's a jeep.
Reliable ,
High service cost and high fuel economy.

MG

MGSydney

Over 10 years running

Bought 2002 Cherokee 3.7L in 2005 and 10 years later she's motoring along. Have only had to repair a few things over the years as you'd expect across the lifetime like a new battery (years ago) and wipers once in a while. I use public transport for work so only gets driven to football training and at weekends. Only problem I've had is water leaking in after heavy rain on front passenger side - which I can't figure out!

Amelia R.

Amelia R.Coffs Harbour

Love my jeep

Love my 2007 jeep Cherokee, purchased a couple years ago and still going well. The only problem we've had is the back wiper stop working.
It's reliable, feels safe, is affordable to run (diesel) etc. Cant fault it.
I think I've been well and truly converted into a jeep fan.

Badge65th Anniversary
Fred

FredMelbourne

Looks great, but it has some major flaws

phil.rutter.90New South Wales, Australia

Where have you been all my life

I've clocked 700k's the first week of my 2015 Cherokee Trail Hawk. This is the best car I have ever driven in my life, It has everything- and more thatnI need and will go places your typical SUV wouldn't consider attempting. Sure, we have a getting to know each other period going on, but that just makes this car more interesting. Would I get another? Put it this way- I pulled up next to a new Sports Range Rover and asked myself what car I'd prefer. The Rangey of course, so I could sell it, get me a new Jeep and put the change in the bank.

phil.rutter.90

Update, 7,000k's up now on the 'Chee......Love it even more, no problems, just pleasure. I look for excuses to drive somewhere.

why can i not give this no stars it's worse than terrible

This car is possibly one of the worst cars I have ever had to work on nothing about it is good, everything that I have had to do to this car has made me want to commit commit mass murder I honestly cannot fathom for whatever reason this car was made, was it to make people hate the things that they love?

tim

timsydney

dissapointed

A comfortable urban ride that does what I want off road

Heap of rubbish

Rotors and brakes wore out before 15000ks what a joke DVD player broke and wasn't fixed excuses and more excuses never again!!

dljackoHobart, TAS

MY05 Jeep Cherokee Rubbish

Everything fine (except for the normally excessive fuel consumption) until the oil warning light came on, and, half a minute later as I was pulling off the highway the motor seized. The wreckers all over Australia know how much trouble these vehicles are and want around $3500-$4000 for a motor in any condition as long as it is going. The problems I have had are less than my Laredo diesel (which I sold to the wreckers to save anyone having any more trouble with it), but are still numerous and expensive to fix.
Easy for my wife to park in the city, good radio.
Average 18L/100km, noisy transmission, expensive parts (which you need often), hard on tyres.

Joerede

JoeredeAU

Brilliant and suited me. Work rest and play. Does the long haul, adventure and daily work and family

Only consumable required for a 2002 jeep sport. Batteries and brakes. Travelled with the family and work. Still going strong. As a note have had Toyotas, mitsubishi and VW as well as holden. Actaully a really well built car that does run heavy on fuel but in terms of carbon print and it durability and multi use the premium of $1000 fuel a year over a high pressure refrigerator or no use other than travelling to the shops is totally inconsequential.

On a final note with the car over 12 years old and servicing the family all this time no matter what happens now it is memories for litre for all of the family.

BadgeSport