Jeep Cherokee

Jeep Cherokee (page 6 of 8)

KJ, KK, KL

• Comfort
  • Features

Fred
FredMelbourne

Looks great, but it has some major flaws

BadgeLimited
phil.rutter.90New South Wales, Australia

Where have you been all my life

I've clocked 700k's the first week of my 2015 Cherokee Trail Hawk. This is the best car I have ever driven in my life, It has everything- and more thatnI need and will go places your typical SUV wouldn't consider attempting. Sure, we have a getting to know each other period going on, but that just makes this car more interesting. Would I get another? Put it this way- I pulled up next to a new Sports Range Rover and asked myself what car I'd prefer. The Rangey of course, so I could sell it, get me a new Jeep and put the change in the bank.

BadgeTrailhawk
phil.rutter.90

Update, 7,000k's up now on the 'Chee......Love it even more, no problems, just pleasure. I look for excuses to drive somewhere.

why can i not give this no stars it's worse than terrible

This car is possibly one of the worst cars I have ever had to work on nothing about it is good, everything that I have had to do to this car has made me want to commit commit mass murder I honestly cannot fathom for whatever reason this car was made, was it to make people hate the things that they love?

tim
timsydney

dissapointed

A comfortable urban ride that does what I want off road

BadgeTrailhawk

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews

Heap of rubbish

Rotors and brakes wore out before 15000ks what a joke DVD player broke and wasn't fixed excuses and more excuses never again!!

dljackoHobart, TAS

MY05 Jeep Cherokee Rubbish

Everything fine (except for the normally excessive fuel consumption) until the oil warning light came on, and, half a minute later as I was pulling off the highway the motor seized. The wreckers all over Australia know how much trouble these vehicles are and want around $3500-$4000 for a motor in any condition as long as it is going. The problems I have had are less than my Laredo diesel (which I sold to the wreckers to save anyone having any more trouble with it), but are still numerous and expensive to fix.
Easy for my wife to park in the city, good radio.
Average 18L/100km, noisy transmission, expensive parts (which you need often), hard on tyres.

TransmissionAutomatic
Joerede
JoeredeAU

Brilliant and suited me. Work rest and play. Does the long haul, adventure and daily work and family

Only consumable required for a 2002 jeep sport. Batteries and brakes. Travelled with the family and work. Still going strong. As a note have had Toyotas, mitsubishi and VW as well as holden. Actaully a really well built car that does run heavy on fuel but in terms of carbon print and it durability and multi use the premium of $1000 fuel a year over a high pressure refrigerator or no use other than travelling to the shops is totally inconsequential.

On a final note with the car over 12 years old and servicing the family all this time no matter what happens now it is memories for litre for all of the family.

BadgeSport
tezza
tezzamelbourne

not that bad...

BadgeSport

Find out how Jeep Cherokee compares to other Midsize / Medium SUVs

Jeep service what a joke.

evan
evan
Jespher
JespherCanberra

Horrible

BadgeJet

Surprisingly not good

My KJ jeep worked wel for 50,000 kilometres and then went berserk... Fuel line issues, terrible to start and the Canberra Jeep people were appalling. I spent nearly 8 grand trying to fix it and gave up, bought a hilux and no troubles after 180k. Don't buy a jeep in ACT is my advice.
Handled well
After 50k no service or support

Rockin4x4Roland

Surely if the vehicle had only travelled 50,000 km it would have been covered by new car warrantee. So why did you spend nearly $8,000 to fix it? Have you not told us the complete story?

david hambleton
david hambleton

Like I stated in my above comment to Ben. Take it to another dealer. Contrary to public opinion, they are not all incompetent.

JEEP - Just Empty Every Pocket...

melagil
melagil

Terrible

24 hours after i took delivery of it i had the displeasure of watching it winched onto a tow truck when it broke down, a sight i am now used to having wathced it 4x since. the car simply loses all power and acceleration making it dangerous. jeep have walked around scratching their head and using me as guinea pig as they have tried to fix - unsuccessfully. Steer clear I would buy a skateboard before i touched a jeep again.
Nothing. Have had the car 16 months and it has been towed 5 times!!
Jeep cannot fix a recurring problem which has meant they have my vehicle for 12 weeks since October. They do not have a clue what is wrong but wont replace the car.

Tez73
Tez73
Carlie
Carlie

hi did you have any further problems once your vehicle got over 50000ks ??? how would you rate the 09 jeep

OK

vickub
vickub

Damien
Damien asked
Cherokee KJ (2001-2007)

is a 2007 diesel with 240,000kms on it with full service history still have life in it? as in how many km's can you usually get out of them?

Damien
Damien asked
Cherokee KJ (2001-2007)

what are the biggest problems with a 2007 jeep limited auto cherokee?

Peter T
Peter Tasked
Cherokee

I have a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Sport 73k klm and it has just started to go crazy jamming in park or neutral, flatening battery, unable to remove key, different warnings coming up on display. got it towed to a dealer and they said all the modules needed to be reset, 2 days later same issue, personally I think the Battery is dyeing but the dealer said it was fine, anyone else had these sort of issues I would like to hear

mickey p
mickey p

Our 2015 sport won't start due to electric steering part failure. Jeep says $1100 to fix. Has only done 110kms

Jeep Cherokee

Compare all 7 Jeep Cherokee
CategoryMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVs
Starting Price $41,432$47,621$50,950$53,950
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Max Torque229Nm @ 3900rpm315Nm @ 4300rpm315Nm @ 4300rpm315Nm @ 4300rpm
Country of ManufactureUSAUSAUSAUSA
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,500 kg2,200 kg2,200 kg2,200 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Dimensions