KJ, KK, KL
See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Jeep? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features
John
JohnSydney, NSW

Worst car I have ever had in my life

Purchased in August 2018.

Mike P
Mike P

Never again.

Nicole
NicolePeel, WA

Long list of expensive issues never again

Bought the car new(2015 kl) and nothing but issues from the start, replaced everything underneath. Including rear diff,ptu, tailshaft twice, rear axle seals a couple of times. Well over $30000 in repairs, sold the vehicle at a massive loss to get it out of my life. Would never ever get a jeep again

Purchased in January 2016 for $52,000.00.

Stephen Mills
Stephen MillsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT Hemi 6.4 Motor

Purchased in January 2015 for $90,000.00.

Robert T
Robert TIllawarra, NSW

Buyer beware

Purchased my KL last year interstate was told it had a 5 year warranty with 12 month fixed priced services by the dealership. Recently tried to book a service locally and was told it was out of warranty because FCA had the Cherokee in there system as having a 3 year warranty with 6 month services even though the vehicle had been complianced in May 2017 three months after Jeep Australia had introduced the new 5 year plan. After making a complaint to FCA they refused to reconise the 5 year warranty leaving me up the creek without a paddle basically. Great customer service for some who has purchased 4 Jeeps in 15 years.

Purchased in May 2018 at Northern Motor Group.

Year2017

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Sally
SallyCoffs Harbour

Go to Recalls.gov.au and look up the number of recalls before you consider buying a jeep. Most of t

Had a Jeep and had numerous problems, in the workshop continually and the dealer couldn't even get it started and had the gall to say there was nothing wrong with it!!!! we traded it in at a loss of $18,000 and they would not accept that there was a darn thing wrong with the car....It would not even start in their workshop!
Car was fine until they did an upgrade on the parking computer problem, then downhill from there,

BadgeGrand Cherokee Larado
Date PurchasedMar 2015

Too many issues!

My vechicle is only 4 years old and has now been under repair for 1/3 of the year and counting. During this time, Jeeps communication has been appalling and I still do not have an answer to why my car is not fixed. I have made a complaint to Jeeps head officer with still no answers. This issue may not be the same for everyone but from what I have experienced I would never has purchased a Jeep if I had known the inconvenience this would of caused me and the lack of customer service I have been receiving from my issue.

BadgeSport
Date PurchasedAug 2015
Tony
Tony

Be aware

Be aware! My Jeep Cherokee 2002 sport airbags exploded when I was driving!!!!
Was like a bomb!!!
On driver side the airbag from fire exploded have fire burn spots!!!!
The car not having any single scratch no accident involved !! I can’t find any recall for airbags on this model!!!!!!!

BadgeSport
Date PurchasedJan 2018
Con
ConMelbourne

I Bought a Lemon

I bought this top of the range Cherokee and it has been nothing but problems. Continual driveline problems where engine / transmission warning light comes on and car goes into limp mode and becomes dangerous and undriveable. Just happened for the 4th time this week and got towed back to dealership. Not happy.... I bought a lemon. This lemon has been back to dealership for around 25-30 days so far for going into limp mode problems.

Date PurchasedSept 2014

Alex
AlexMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The worst car I've ever bought , expensive to run and repair

Awful to drive no take off up hills, noisy to drive and expensive to run and repair. Back seats very uncomfortable. In summer when it was very hot the back door would not open . The drivers seat had to be close to the under dash to reach the pedals so cramped.

BadgeRenegade
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedFeb 2012
nilbog
nilbogSydney, NSW

20 breakdowns, 4 tows and still faulty

In the 6 years we owned it, it spent over 6 months at the mechanics. Never did solve all the issues, and we are talking about major failures brakes, ABS, Cooling system,and more. Mechanics replaced so many parts and after 3 years the brakes failing to release randomly did get resolved. Sudden full engine management failure causing limp-home-mode was never resolved.

Purchased in June 2011 for $54,500.00.

Never again

Jeep Australia what a poor vehicle to put on the market in this country. The dealer network doesn't seem to understand what the vehicle is all about, on 3 separate occasions after 20K 30K and 40 K service the vehicle broke down in the forecourt after picking it. On these occasions I returned the vehicle to the dealer due other issues arises within the week of the regular routine service. The vehicle has now done 105k for the last year dealer on dealer cannot get a EGR valve which is intermittently failing ( limp mode ) nothing in Australia is my constant reponse
I am now in the state of mind to get rid of the lemon.

Date PurchasedAug 2010
Steve
Steve

Poor Quality, continuous break downs, very expensive parts

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Noel
NoelMelbourne

Avoid Jeep, Fiat Chrysler Australia and Essendon Dealership

BadgeTrailhawk
Luke
Luke

Don’t do it to yourself.

I’ve never encountered a business that could give less of a crap about their customers than FCA Australia and their dealerships.

At first I loved my Cherokee. I’ve now had it for 4.5 years. It’s been faulty for at least 3.5 of those years. All along the way, I’ve had to battle incompetence, disinterest, obstruction and lies. Despite FCA’s claims to be addressing their reputation, I’ve experienced no improvement. I’m exhausted by it and I just want out of the vehicle.

It was an expensive mistake that I regret and I urge you, do not buy a Jeep. This lot do not deserve anyone’s money.

Purchased in January 2015 for $52,000.00.

Damien
Damien asked
Cherokee KJ (2001-2007)

is a 2007 diesel with 240,000kms on it with full service history still have life in it? as in how many km's can you usually get out of them?

Damien
Damien asked
Cherokee KJ (2001-2007)

what are the biggest problems with a 2007 jeep limited auto cherokee?

Peter T
Peter Tasked
Cherokee

I have a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Sport 73k klm and it has just started to go crazy jamming in park or neutral, flatening battery, unable to remove key, different warnings coming up on display. got it towed to a dealer and they said all the modules needed to be reset, 2 days later same issue, personally I think the Battery is dyeing but the dealer said it was fine, anyone else had these sort of issues I would like to hear

mickey p
mickey p

Our 2015 sport won't start due to electric steering part failure. Jeep says $1100 to fix. Has only done 110kms

Compare all 7 Jeep Cherokee
CategoryMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVs
Starting Price $41,432$47,621$50,950$53,950
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Max Torque229Nm @ 3900rpm315Nm @ 4300rpm315Nm @ 4300rpm315Nm @ 4300rpm
Country of ManufactureUSAUSAUSAUSA
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,500 kg2,200 kg2,200 kg2,200 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Dimensions