KJ, KK, KL
See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Jeep? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Features
Madhatter
MadhatterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Software Updates

We recently had two recalls completed, both were software related, within 24hrs we had a completely drained battery. RACV came out, load tested the battery - advised it was ok and something was running in the background which caused the fault. They did a temp reset to enable us to take the car back to the dealer where we were advised a new battery was required @ $700.00. Has anyone else experienced this after a software update - seems very coincidental to me especially when we have not had one issue with this car.

Purchased in November 2014.

Annie
AnnieSydney, NSW

Lots of problems

Quality is very bad - my car is now on it's 3rd transmission, the air conditioner is unreliable and doesn't blow the temperature it's set to and the USB ports don't function sometimes. The interior is well laid out and the steering controls good. Note that you can only control the heated seats from the console.

Purchased in June 2015.

Comfortable seats
Comes in few models
More features in hemi
Nice exterior look
Every thing perfect if u see in other hands
But eat huge amount of fuel because of heavy weight
Electronic problem is normal after few years
American made not rally for Australia because of fuel cost

BadgeLimited
Date PurchasedApr 2015
Midsize / Medium SUVs

Find out how Jeep Cherokee compares to other Midsize / Medium SUVs

I think my jeep Cherokee 2012 consumes a lot of petrol on open road at 500km only ? From a 69 full t

I feel it up with 66- 69L of petrol , then I make 522km only on open road . not happy with that only , All the features are my dream. Comfortable , well holding on the road , an interior to die for nice radio fitted with built in GPS .

BadgeLimited
Date PurchasedJan 2017

Looks great, feels great, shame it's always under repair.

One of the first Trailhawks off the boat in 2014 I loved the car for comfort and driving, just some little Transmission glitches at the start. It took 17 months and 3-4 re-flashes to get the transmission to kick down at the right point.
In the meantime I've had bluetooth issues, oil leak on the left rear axle, broken oil pressure switch, intermittent sensor failures (intermittent), Tailgate lift failure (intermittent), broken cargo blind stopper (design flaw), Flat tyre pressure warnings on cold days. I wouldn't risk buying another Jeep but series 2 will probably be better.
Fuel usage is about 12/100 mixed urban on petrol.

BadgeTrailhawk
Flat
Flat

As the author of the review, I'm very happy to have traded after 4 years and even though I lost $25000 in value over 4 years I'm not looking back and I'm buying a different brand of car.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews

Surprisingly not good

My KJ jeep worked wel for 50,000 kilometres and then went berserk... Fuel line issues, terrible to start and the Canberra Jeep people were appalling. I spent nearly 8 grand trying to fix it and gave up, bought a hilux and no troubles after 180k. Don't buy a jeep in ACT is my advice.
Handled well
After 50k no service or support

Rockin4x4Roland

Surely if the vehicle had only travelled 50,000 km it would have been covered by new car warrantee. So why did you spend nearly $8,000 to fix it? Have you not told us the complete story?

david hambleton
david hambleton

Like I stated in my above comment to Ben. Take it to another dealer. Contrary to public opinion, they are not all incompetent.

JEEP - Just Empty Every Pocket...

lisha_gal
lisha_galSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad

This car is a fuel guzzler! It costs double my new Nissan Tiida in fuel per week. It was a really nice car to drive. I felt very safe in this vehicle. The parts were very expensive. Servicing at the jeep dealer was also extremely expensive. Great car to take on the beach, it was alot of fun. Our Jeep had an airbag problem also which we were told would cost around $2000 to fix. Air con problems as well. We sold this car to save money, and we deinately have. Pitty it is so expensive to run. Would not buy another Jeep Cherokee again.
Nice to drive, great turning circle
Too expensive

pooky
pooky
cracker
cracker

Bad

we had the loss of power issue once, it was going into 'get home safe' mode as there was a loose connection on the auto shifter, so the car didn;t 'know' what gear it was in, hence the 'get home safe'. Once conenction was remade, issue has not re appeared.
acceleration, easy to park, easy to get kids in and out. easy to get pram in boot
fuel consumption (what did I expect), clunking of front wheel case (we drive full time 4 everywhere except above 80 km roads), jeep cust service in both albion and the other place is attrocious, would never buy another jeep for that reason alone

Midsize / Medium SUVs

Find out how Jeep Cherokee compares to other Midsize / Medium SUVs

Bad

as above plus thirsty also driver's seat leather cracked prematurely - can't wait to get rid of it - any offers ?
Wife loves the small turning circle for parking etc
Ours is late 03 model (bought new)pulls violently to the left, "clunky" auto and intermittant (drive train) vibration all not corrected under warranty so am stuck with it - probably would not buy another US built car or recommend it

Bad

pity about the rattles and Jeep dealers inability to resolve them. COuld live with the thristy consumption but wouldn't buy another one.
good mid sized, looks good.
very thirsty, rattles from the seats

Damien
Damien asked
Cherokee KJ (2001-2007)

is a 2007 diesel with 240,000kms on it with full service history still have life in it? as in how many km's can you usually get out of them?

Damien
Damien asked
Cherokee KJ (2001-2007)

what are the biggest problems with a 2007 jeep limited auto cherokee?

Peter T
Peter Tasked
Cherokee

I have a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Sport 73k klm and it has just started to go crazy jamming in park or neutral, flatening battery, unable to remove key, different warnings coming up on display. got it towed to a dealer and they said all the modules needed to be reset, 2 days later same issue, personally I think the Battery is dyeing but the dealer said it was fine, anyone else had these sort of issues I would like to hear

mickey p
mickey p

Our 2015 sport won't start due to electric steering part failure. Jeep says $1100 to fix. Has only done 110kms

Compare all 7 Jeep Cherokee
CategoryMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVs
Starting Price $41,432$47,621$50,950$53,950
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Max Torque229Nm @ 3900rpm315Nm @ 4300rpm315Nm @ 4300rpm315Nm @ 4300rpm
Country of ManufactureUSAUSAUSAUSA
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,500 kg2,200 kg2,200 kg2,200 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Dimensions