Jeep Grand Cherokee WH

Jeep Grand Cherokee WH (2005-2010)

See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Jeep? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Features
Beryl
BerylPerth, WA

2010 WH Limited CRD

I bought a 2010 Limited CRD in 2017 with 68K on the clock. It now has 134K. For an 11 year old v6 turbo diesel the torque this thing puts out is unbelievable. I had the GDE tune done and for a 4wd the acceleration is comically fast. I had the old man emu lift kit fitted which improved handling and off road capabilities significantly. A couple of minor (common) issues over the years I’ve had it. Glow plugs - cheap and easy fix. Injector seal leaked. Also a fairly cheap fix ($300) if you notice it early. This has been a great car. I love driving it. My only real complaint would be rpm at 110km/hr is a touch too high thanks to gearing. I believe this is shared across petrol and diesel platforms.

Purchased in August 2017.

I have this one longer than any other

Had my WH 3L Diesel for 6 years now - purchased 2nd hand for $26k - still only 112k on the clock but I do go bush with it towing a offload Camper. I bought it with towing in mind and being a Gold Prospector at heart need a good 4x4 to get to where I want to go. This thing will pull down a block of Flats - I'm not interested in Houdini antics off road. I'm a Mopar man at heart and even though this is not a true Mopar I will always stick with the Chrysler product - the WH with the Mercedes 3L diesel and running gear is brilliant !

Purchased in November 2014.

Julien R.
Julien R.South East Queensland, QLD

Great car

I drive a lot on the motorway, and the car is very comfortable and fun to drive, despite its size. It is also really good offroad and to drive on the beach

Purchased in July 2017 at Jeep Dealers for $70,000.00.

i love my 06 grand cherokee to death it's in my opinion the best looking jeep apart from the srt

i too do all the work and servicing on my jeep and never had an issue with it, the mercedes 3l is the best donk put in a jeep and have been told by most workshops that fact,just the best handling car and comfortable the options that are standard in a jeep would cost the world in say a toyota

Purchased in October 2018 for $12,000.00.

John Papageorgiou
John PapageorgiouSydney, NSW

Very powerful engine!!!

I have an 05 CRD model which i purchased back in 2014 primarily for towing plant and equipment. It had 176k kms and now it has 217k kms and still goes like a rocket. The range of towing varied from 1700kg to 3500kg. It averaged 14ltrs/100km taking it easy around town and around 19ltrs/100km around town with 3.5t. I have read a lot of negative reviews, but i don't understand why as for the last 6yrs it has been great and in context i am talking about a 15yr old car which still goes great and can blow away brand new cars! Ok the leather seat have cracked, a little bit of rust is starting to appear, but we are talking about a 15yr old car here. If the car got ridden off, for the replacement value alone, i would go out and buy another!

Purchased in August 2014 for $14,000.00.

Unhappy
UnhappyPerth

Great car

Driving this car is always nice it’s quiet, smooth, handles well and looks good to. Only problem I have had with this car is the leather. We have always looked after this car and the leather has torn on the drivers seat and is starting to go on the arm rest. We have spoke to someone from
Jeep and they said it’s not there fault..

Badge65th Anniversary
Date PurchasedMay 2013
Billboard
BillboardQUINNS ROCKS

I own 2 of these jeeps

I love my Jeeps, i have a 2005 grand Jeep limited with 285000kms on the clock (now the wifes car) & a 2007 185000kms both 5.7L with MDS ,never taken them to a dealer (they don't have a clue) always serviced both cars myself, excellent paint work, super powerful, extremely quite ,very comfortable, leather interior, i tow my 22ft caravan with ease for under 20l per 100klms .very cheap parts out of the states. The cylinder shutdown means i get about 15L per 100klm around town. Alot of car for a reasonable price.

Date PurchasedJan 2008

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Worthy of a look

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Alastair
AlastairTownsville

From budget power to a full-blown lemon.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

allan1776
allan1776South East Queensland, QLD

Terrific Vehicle for What I purchased It For

Purchased in October 2007.

not happy jan
not happy janGippsland, VIC

unexpectedly good

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
airlock
airlockSouth East Queensland, QLD

It's cheap but you get what you pay for.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Glenda R
Glenda R

Great value but a few design flaws

koo
kooSouth East Queensland, QLD

I bought a Jeep and freaking love it

great powerful diesel merc engine - tows 3.5tonne easily. Probably would like better brakes on it for heavy braking. Lovely comfortable car 167k on it so far and no problems.
Running costs averaging 11.3ltres to the 100kms. Haven't had to spend anything on it other than the standard services. Chose this over the price of a landcruiser and at this stage still very happy. Best thing is all the interior comforts and powerful engine.

Perspective
PerspectiveSA, 5047

2006 WH/WK-CRD

Date PurchasedDec 2010

Malcolm M.
Malcolm M.asked
Grand Cherokee WH (2005-2010)

Hey probably a dumb question but I have just recently brought a 2008 grand Cherokee Laredo WH and I’m trying to find parts for it what’s the difference between the WH and the WK and why can’t I find anything when I search for the WH

Steve
Steve

Try WK1,thats what the yanks call it

Janice Sturgess
Janice Sturgessasked
Grand Cherokee WH (2005-2010)

My 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee WH has developed a fault in the ignition immobiliser which means it mostly refuses to start. (Runs great once it does randomly fire) Ordered parts 3 months ago through Jeep and one had to come from USA. Now been told there were none in stock and it has to be manufactured and may not come through until well into 2021. Any one have any options re how to get the car on the road reliably again. (I have had Jeeps for 20 years now to tow our horse float. So it is risky to head out with the horses on board if the car is not functioning properly.)

Carol W.
Carol W.asked
Grand Cherokee WH (2005-2010)

I am having a problem with my 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited, can’t get rid of the. Service 4WD System Message from the dashboard, Is this a problem...?

Jacko0573
Jacko0573

for mine it was an actuator in the diff of the quadradrive 2 system, expensive part, but takes only an hour to fix.

See all Jeep Grand Cherokee WH (2005-2010) questions

Jeep Grand Cherokee WH (2005-2010)

Compare all 16 Jeep Grand Cherokee