Jeep Grand Cherokee WH

Jeep Grand Cherokee WH (2005-2010)

3.8

• Comfort
Julien R.

Julien R.South East Queensland, QLD

Great car

I drive a lot on the motorway, and the car is very comfortable and fun to drive, despite its size. It is also really good offroad and to drive on the beach

Purchased in July 2017 at Jeep Dealers for A$70,000.00.

BoughtNew
Year2017
Comfort

i love my 06 grand cherokee to death it's in my opinion the best looking jeep apart from the srt

i too do all the work and servicing on my jeep and never had an issue with it, the mercedes 3l is the best donk put in a jeep and have been told by most workshops that fact,just the best handling car and comfortable the options that are standard in a jeep would cost the world in say a toyota

Purchased in October 2018 for A$12,000.00.

Year2006

Very powerful engine!!!

I have an 05 CRD model which i purchased back in 2014 primarily for towing plant and equipment. It had 176k kms and now it has 217k kms and still goes like a rocket. The range of towing varied from 1700kg to 3500kg. It averaged 14ltrs/100km taking it easy around town and around 19ltrs/100km around town with 3.5t. I have read a lot of negative reviews, but i don't understand why as for the last 6yrs it has been great and in context i am talking about a 15yr old car which still goes great and can blow away brand new cars! Ok the leather seat have cracked, a little bit of rust is starting to appear, but we are talking about a 15yr old car here. If the car got ridden off, for the replacement value alone, i would go out and buy another!

Purchased in August 2014 for A$14,000.00.

Year2005

Unhappy

UnhappyPerth

Great car

Driving this car is always nice it’s quiet, smooth, handles well and looks good to. Only problem I have had with this car is the leather. We have always looked after this car and the leather has torn on the drivers seat and is starting to go on the arm rest. We have spoke to someone from
Jeep and they said it’s not there fault..

Badge65th Anniversary
Date PurchasedMay 2013
Billboard

BillboardQUINNS ROCKS

I own 2 of these jeeps

I love my Jeeps, i have a 2005 grand Jeep limited with 285000kms on the clock (now the wifes car) & a 2007 185000kms both 5.7L with MDS ,never taken them to a dealer (they don't have a clue) always serviced both cars myself, excellent paint work, super powerful, extremely quite ,very comfortable, leather interior, i tow my 22ft caravan with ease for under 20l per 100klms .very cheap parts out of the states. The cylinder shutdown means i get about 15L per 100klm around town. Alot of car for a reasonable price.

Date PurchasedJan 2008
Goodie

GoodieHunter Region, NSW

Worthy of a look

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Alastair

AlastairTownsville

From budget power to a full-blown lemon.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
allan1776

allan1776South East Queensland, QLD

Terrific Vehicle for What I purchased It For

Purchased in October 2007.

BoughtNew
Year2007
not happy jan

not happy janGippsland, VIC

unexpectedly good

Date PurchasedJul 2017

airlock

airlockSouth East Queensland, QLD

It's cheap but you get what you pay for.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Glenda R

Glenda R

Great value but a few design flaws

koo

koo

I bought a Jeep and freaking love it

great powerful diesel merc engine - tows 3.5tonne easily. Probably would like better brakes on it for heavy braking. Lovely comfortable car 167k on it so far and no problems.
Running costs averaging 11.3ltres to the 100kms. Haven't had to spend anything on it other than the standard services. Chose this over the price of a landcruiser and at this stage still very happy. Best thing is all the interior comforts and powerful engine.

Perspective

PerspectiveSA, 5047

2006 WH/WK-CRD

Date PurchasedDec 2010
Josephina

JosephinaNSW

Grand Cherokee Overland Limited Edition Petrol 5.6L 2010 - Great car!

We have a Grand Cherokee Overland Limited Edition Petrol 5.6L 2010. It is a great car, but also a great tuck (3.5t). A good looking work horse or stylish car... Whatever you like it to be. Petrol consumption is 9 to 11L on the highway, other is depending on terrain and weather. Quiet motor, you don't hear it at all. It takes on sand dunes and rocky roads very easily. This car in my opinion is the best you can buy compared to other cars in that price category. Tows a 3t caravan very easily. Luxury comes with this model like heated seats, sunroof, changing chair height, lots of software that tells you nearly anything you like to know about its health.
It really deserves the 5 stars.

BadgeOverland

aussie453Maloneys Beach

I have a 2006 Grand Cherokee Limited with the 5.7 Hemi V8 love the car 200,000ks of pleasure .

I'm off to buy another Jeep GC after having a 5.7 hemi which in 200,000ks the only problem I've had was the radiator needed replacing at 160,000ks (had a small leak) otherwise I've loved it. After test driving the diesel with even more torque than the V8 Hemi I'm off to buy one.

Unhappy customerVictoria, 3223

So far so good

Purchased in July 2011 at Jeep Dealers for A$26,000.00.

Year2006
Rose marshum

Rose marshum

You will love this Jeep

Comfort smooth beauty tough SUV top technology you would love to earn one you want be disappointed and don't forget to say I bought a Jeep

I Bought a Jeep CG Limited

Dealt with Russell at Northstar in Kippa-Ring. No BS, just did a good deal with no dramas. Car ready on time and presented in excellent condition. Great towing vehicle (2 1/2 ton caravan), but several owners are mentioning increased water temps when going up prolonged inclines. This is being referred to a higher authority. 2 services so far with no dramas. Any warranty work carried out. Turbo diesel powerful without high fuel usage. Great vehicle.

Househelppp

HousehelpppSydney

BOUGHT A LEMON!

Barry MeredithNorthern Region, NSW

Great But..

Great value 4x4 let down by appalling lack of common spare parts held by Chrysler in Aus. My 2010 Grand Cherokee diesel 5 weeks off the road waiting for PS cv joint ex USA (under warranty). In 2013 world wide N23 safety recall because of 4x4 system slipping into neutral. Chryslers computer reflash fix has left 1000s of Jeep Grand Cherokee 2005-2010 owners worldwide without 4x4 low range. I have been waiting 5 months for a fix. If you are going to buy one check to see it goes into low 4x4.or go to Ausjeepoffroad forum, N23 recall problems. This problem is current.
Plenty of power for towing,comfortable .
Bad parts supply,bad Chrysler customer service

river.houseboats
river.houseboats

I Have a 2008 WH GC I cant get low range, It has been back to authorized dealer in Adelaide 6 times but still not working. dealer has no idea on how to fix this is now into its 6th month since diagnosis. not a happy camper.

buckyboy
buckyboy
Barry Meredith

No low 4x4 is still a problem with nearly all WH 2005-2010 Grand Cherokees.Changing the actuator is not a permanent fix ,low may still go any time.

Carol W.

Carol W.asked

Grand Cherokee WH (2005-2010)

I am having a problem with my 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited, can’t get rid of the. Service 4WD System Message from the dashboard, Is this a problem...?

John R.

John R.asked

Grand Cherokee WH (2005-2010)

i have the option to by a 2005 diesel with 217000 km on the clock for 7000 dollars.
any comments please

Mark
Mark

That can be high miles for the diesel. I know the earlier ones had a few issues.

DavePo
DavePo

I know of several diesels that have travelled near and over 300,000 k's, no probs. I own one, although mine has only travelled 145,000, If it's a Limited you get QuadraTrac 2, with mid, front and back diff locks, also wheel rotation monitoring. The best comfy 4WD available. If it's a Laredo the 4WD is still very good. I love the Mercedes diesel. All up a great vehicle.

Hey guys i am not going to tell everyone what to do, but I will give you a perfect example October 2018 took my jeep grand Cherokee limited to Caroline springs jeep in vic. With a windshields wiper sensor issue they told me it's the sensor so I said order new one for me few weeks later i get a call your sensor is here ill book you in fine went in sitting there few hours for the service guy telling me th ed gel pad that glues the sensor does not come with It I told him what you didnt know, anyway I told him I would find one because jeep wanted me to replace the windscreen that comes with the gelpad on it. I said your joking I'll find one I emailed a company in USA and they gave me a name of a company here in melbourne so I rang them and bought 2 for $90 got them to install it, then jeep manager came and said it's not working we don't know why we think it's your new head unit I told them are you guys stupid I've had that 3 years the rain sensor just started. So went to my friend at Alan Mance Motors in Footscray Vic he had a look and asked me how old is your battery I said 2013 the dealer replaced it when I bought the car. I had no idea what battery had to be in a jeep.

Here we go it worked out well I was having problems with battery going flat, so we changed it but my friend said it's 2 times the size you have now and according to the charts that's the right one bloody huge we replaced the battery and guess what my rain sensor started working so jeep dealers have no idea how to f is there own cars none of the mechanics even checked if I had the right battery and on top it was a cheap lion battery from China never buy them. The old battery was not big enough to power the car system with the canbus feeding power to everything so I'd say to everyone please make sure you have the right battery in your jeep because eventually it will stop supply power to your car it's amazing what a cheap battery can do to your cars system. Just beware of your battery replacement make sure you have the right battery it's huge. So all I really need is to get a software update so it will reset my jeep system amazing when you have the right information given to you.
I really hope this helps some of you guys on this forum. Jeeps dealers have no idea have not found one yet that knows how to fix a simple issue. That's why I take my jeep to Alan Mance Motors in Footscray Vic.

David H

David Hasked

Grand Cherokee WH (2005-2010)

Why is my 2010 5.7litre Jeep Grand Cherokee transfer case making humming noise while accelerating what would cause it to make humming/grinding noise while I’m accelerating?

Tony
Tony

Hi David check the front tailshaft rear cv joint very common for grease to come out. If ok check transfer box oil.