12Jeep Grand Cherokee

Jeep Grand Cherokee Questions & Answers (page 2)

Brand Manager for Jeep? Claim your listing.
Alan P.
Alan P. · Grand Cherokee WK (2010-2024)

My grand chorokee 2015, the back sits higher than the front. As a result it is wearing out back tyres very quickly. We have gone into suspension , checked odd exit / entry. We have also put it in tyre jack mode and waited for it reset . Stll does not appear to sitting level. ( tyres leaning inwatd ) any light on this please?

bill morris
bill morris · Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

what will my v6 petrol model tow

Max Fry
Max Fry · WK Laredo RWD Petrol (2010-2024)

Looking at may be buying a 2015 Grand Cherokee petrol what is your thoughts on towing a caravan with this

soorex
soorex

If u want power than srt models(v8 engine) would be good.

Jag
Jag

3.5 tonne is recommended for v6 I think.

Linda P. · Grand Cherokee

Have a question I’m looking at buying a 2020 grand Jeep Cherokee s limited V8 or diesel are they reliable and are they expensive on fuel.

Sandy
Sandy

We love our 2020 Grand Jeep Overland which is diesel. I personally wouldn’t buy a v8 as are known fuel guzzlers. Ours is not expensive on the open road and not bad around town either.
As for the warranty department that’s a whole new question. Can’t say we’ve been happy there.

Linda P.

So what is the problem with the warranty department when it comes to jeeps. I’ve heard some bad issues is it true.

ntsako m. · Grand Cherokee

Which year model is more reliable?

John A.
John A.

Hey, Never buy a Jeep no matter what. You will be buying a lemon and throwing money down the drain.

thanks for advice ,much appreciated

Carol W.
Carol W. · Grand Cherokee WH (2005-2010)

I am having a problem with my 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited, can’t get rid of the. Service 4WD System Message from the dashboard, Is this a problem...?

Jacko0573
Jacko0573

for mine it was an actuator in the diff of the quadradrive 2 system, expensive part, but takes only an hour to fix.

Leanne B. · Grand Cherokee

My 2011 stalls when petrol is below 1/4 tank and going up hill.
Changed fields filters, saddle tank and I think from memory pumps.
Anyone got any other ideas. Happened 4 times now after the above process of elimination and I am all out of ideas.

John Papageorgiou
John Papageorgiou

Probably somewhere down the line, someone has installed the fuel supply and return line onto the wrong terminals as the return line is always shorter. I have seen inexperienced mechanics commonly make this mistake. This could be either mixed up on either the engine side or tank side depending on the cars setup. Let know if the hose swap doesn't fix your problem as i would be extremely surprised.

Hi John.
That makes a lot of sense to me.
Thank you so much. I will get my mechanic to take a look and let you know for sure.

Janet B.
Janet B. · Grand Cherokee WK (2010-2024)

The rear shock absorbers on my 2017 Overland are leaking and need replacing. The car has travelled 59,000km on sealed roads, no towing, no off road. Seems to be a manufacturers fault in my view. I’ve never had to replace shock absorbers so early in any car I’ve owned. Is anyone else having this problem? I’ve written to FCA and waiting for a response. I’m not happy about replacing the shocks at my expense.

Lenny
Lenny · Grand Cherokee

Hi,
We have a 2012 grand Cherokee with 210k on clock.
Beautiful care we love it always serviced on the 10k with cleaners every 6 tanks with diesel. Of late really sluggish when take of almost a hesitation, never has been like this if anybody could know anything on this as I’m a Chef not a mechanic would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou

Zorro

Clean Boost Control Sensor. Might help.

chefcros · Grand Cherokee

I have a jeep 2014 Cherokee sport . Transmission is jerky, what can I do about this
CROSBY mar

Zorro

How old is the transmission oil ? Change it, and make sure it is the correct oil as per specifications.

Always serviced by jeep

Sue
Sue · Grand Cherokee WK (2010-2024)

Gear changers from 1 st to2 when cold are shocking up and down dosent stay in first jumps from 1st to2 then back to first new car 1 year old dec

Gary A.
Gary A. · Grand Cherokee

wpold you recommend a 2014 Grand Cherokee petrol

Stan K.
Stan K.

Given my recent experience with Jeep i.e. totally blown motor on a 2016 Grand Cherokee diesel, I'd be hesitant to recommend any of their products. Especially seeing 2012 through 2014 was considered to be a problematic time for their products. The dealer networks seem good, but you can only put some much lipstick on a pig

Tim Sunshine Coast
Tim Sunshine Coast

I owned a 2011 for 5 years that was why I bought a 2017. You need a 2014 to be throughly checked by a motoring club before you buy. Do not expect support from FCA, they put it all back to their dealers, and really do not care.

Newt
Newt · Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

I need to buy a recon engine for my v8 ,2003 WG jeep.Auto..1 is available in QLD.Does anyone know if it would suit my Overland jeep?Supplier said "should fit".Any advice would be appreciated.

All v8 are the same

RB
RB

Lee H.
Lee H.

I know this post is old but for those who don't know !!Looks like someone led you astray ..The overlands have a HIGH OUTPUT 4.7 Motor in them . The others have a power tech motor ..lower HP and are different ,, Also different hookups depending on years .You can make them work but the sensors are different. the fuel injectors are different ,different pistons,different cam shafts . different heads ..

Thank you so much for your reply.I ended up getting a re built motor with a 4.7

Graham M
Graham M

In reply to Legend, all the V8s are not the same. He has an overland. All overlands use the high output engine. It may well fit and run, but you would have to go back to a standard PCM to have it run properly.

lakeyre
lakeyre · Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

Alternator is overcharging on 2000 WG Jeep. I tried to fit external regulator but without success. Alternator is Bosch. Any advice on how to fix the problem would be appreciated.
Rob

Legend

Sorry mate, cant help you with that. Best of luck.

Chris
Chris · WK Blackhawk Petrol (2014-2018)

Hi
I’m looking at buying a 2014-2015 Blackhawk and was just wondering if anyone had any problems with them etc. I’ve read a few reviews and they have all said they have loved them but would like to know if anyone says differently. Thanks

Andy PP
Andy PP

There’s a Jeep Grand Cherokee Face Book page, have a look there, plenty of information.

Tony
Tony · Grand Cherokee WK (2010-2024)

I'm currently purchasing a Grand Cherokee Night Eagle and trading in my 2014 Blackhawk - needless to say I've been very happy with the Blackhawk. The new models have no CD Player - any suggestions for where to buy one to be mounted in the centre console as per my blackhawk

Mcfamily
Mcfamily

Hi Tony, No sorry I am not sure on this. Congratulations on your purchase!

J VDM
J VDM · Grand Cherokee

My Jeep Grand Cherokee all of a sudden Terraine selection concole is not working, apparently has lost communication.
Now Jeep wants to charge me ++++$ to fix.
Anyone else had the same problems??

J VDM
J VDM · Grand Cherokee

Have a Jeep Grand Cherokee, all of a sudden the Terraine Selection concole is not working-no light, apparently has lost communication/electrical issue as per Jeep...
Now Jeep wants to charge me $$$ to fix.
Anyone else had the same problems??

Jon M.
Jon M. · Grand Cherokee WK (2010-2024)

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2013 with a 3.0 ltr diesel ,It seems that the engine oil cooler is gone, Jeep are telling me that there is no replacement part available in the country.
Is this a common problem with this engine. and does anyone know of an aftermarket part that I can use
Thanks in advanced
JO

Jon M.
Jon M. · Grand Cherokee WK (2010-2024)

I have a2013 jeep grand Cherokee with a 3.0 diesel which looks like the engine oil cooler is gone, JEEP are saying that there is no parts in the country does any one know if there is an aftermarket one or a rebuilt kit and is this a common issue with this motor
Thanks in advanced JO

Bok-Lim K.

Go to this link to check if part is suitable. Best of luck!

Bok-Lim K.

Try this other link and check compatibility with your exact Jeep GC model:

Select a listing for your question
Jeep Grand Cherokee

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Jeep? Claim your listing.