Jeep Patriot MK

Jeep Patriot MK (2007-2016) (page 2 of 2)

Sport, Limited, Blackhawk

• Boot Size
  • Features
  • Comfort

2010 Jeep Patriot 4x4

I having problems with mine.
I need ball joints.Hoping my extended warranty cover this.This is a serious condition.
Can cause the death of my self and others.
I only have 22,750 km on my Jeep.So be fore warned have yours checked next time you have a tire rotation.I feel these ball joints are inferior.
thought Jeep would stand by it's name.
Dealer services is way below average.

4harves

4harvesPerth, WA

2010 Patriot. Fantastic.

TransmissionAutomatic
phil

philadelaide

Jeep aftermarket costs kill the brand

Rotors replaced at 20,000 km. $1000
Front balljoint. Apparently a known design issue. Requires complete wishbone replacement at 60,000 km $1200
Motor intake manifold. Apparently also a known issue. Complete replacement of manifold..120000 km $2400
Alternator..120000 km $1400.00...yep that's right..alternators are replaced for $1400.

This vehicle is regularly serviced and used by my wife for the school run.

I believe you should steer clear of this model.

TransmissionAutomatic
BadgeLimited

Great vehicle

Transmission6 speed manual

I bought a Jeep, my god I wish I DIDN'T!!

Terry

Terry

Great value for money, all round top car

I bought my Jeep at a runout sale from Jeep Albion back in march 2011. It's a 2010 model and had been used for test drives. It's the 2.4L 4WD Sport model without the cheap plastic trim. I got it for $24,950, so stoked. I've taken it to NQ where it's done the Daintree 4WD track amongst others. It's so roomy compared to a sedan, I'm 6'1" and I have no issues. Fuel economy is good, power to weight is fine, although the petrol model could use a 6th gear with a better torque ratio for towing. I haven't had a single problem, servicing is fine. I highly recommend this car. If I were to gripe about anything, it would be the indicator, it turns itself off too easily, so roundabouts are a pain in the backside.

The LegendWahroonga

Patriot ticks most of the boxes

Truth revealer

Truth revealerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still loving it since 2007

Bought the last German made diesel ( same as VW Golf diesel) 2.0 L engine in 2007. It has never let me down either on and off roads except more speeding tickets due to its powerful Diesel engine. All these for $33k as got a bargain deal from Jeep dealer. Super fuel efficient and comfortable.
Fuel efficiency, ride, powerful diesel, sturdy look, safety, cargo space.
Plastic dashboard

Transmissionmanual
Ange

AngeMelbourne

Love this car & so glad I bought a Jeep!

I purchased my Jeep Patriot in 2010, it was an impulse buy but one that paid off. I love this car for the comfort, safety, look & the great fuel economy. The after sales service at Jeep has also been brilliant. I am just about 2 sell my Patriot to purchase a 7 seater but have no idea which make to go with & will genuinely miss my Patriot.
Reliable, fuel efficient, safe, great around town with a good turning circle
The sun visors are 2 big & the indicators turning off annoy me

TransmissionCVT

Great so far...

gung-ho
gung-ho

Wow! ive owned many cars in my time mostly V8 sedans, the economy in this 2L turbo diesel engine is exceptional I have averaged 5.7L/100 around town and get 750km per tank!

Mark Holman

Mark HolmanBrisbane

Won over by the Jeep's charm,versatilty and fuel economy

Rising fuel costs chased me out of my V6 Magna,so the search was on to find a 4 cylinder car. My son and I are over 6' and sedans came up short with legroom. I stumbled upon a Dodge caliber and it impressed with huge legroom. Searching for one on the net constantly bought up Chrysler dealers,then the Pariot came into play. I saw it,liked it alot and then went off to drive a Mitsubishi Outlander to compare them. Everything the Outlander did,the Jeep did better.....so yes,I bought a Jeep :)
Value for money,features,fuel economy and the way the doors close with a solid thunk.
The handbrake is too close to the cupholders.

princessmals

Is this car expensive in terms of servicing ? We're looking to get one on the weekend but people seem to say only bad things

Mel T

Mel TToowoomba, Queensland

Love my 'riot'!!

I purchased a 2011 70th anniversary limited edition demo model last year. I have had it for 12 months now and am in love with it. It is super plush, great sound system, a fuel miser and a joy to drive! The Toowoomba dealership are very professional, even give her a wash when serviced. I had some reservations about Jeep from family and friends but so far I love it! No problems at all!
Styling, performance, fuel miser.
I would love to have keyless entry.

BadgeLimited

Most Capable Vehicle in its Class

TransmissionManual 5 Speed
Mariss21
Mariss21
TassiePatriot
TassiePatriot
princessmals

Are they costly in terms of servicing? I'm looking at a Patriot this weekend but peopole seem to only say bad things about it

Bella051109

Bella051109

Good

My husband bought me a patriot last year, as we wanted a safe car for the family. Two months after owning it I was on my way to the gym, crossing a intersection I hit a car pulling out on me from a vehicle that did nor move at the lights. I hit at 80km and the dMge to my car was minimal. Waiting for parts was long though. Same as when I got caught in the freak hale storm in Melbourne, I watched many other 4WD bursting windows and being totally ruined. Where as my car came out looking "bad" but still drivable. So since owning this Jeep I would never go back to any other brand of car.
Very safe car, quality materials,
Parts are all from America so when you have a car accident you have a good 10-12 weeks of no car.

rx7s2/13b
rx7s2/13b

Intrepid Consumer

Intrepid ConsumerSYDNEY

A Jeep Patriot, a Deathtrap or Lemon by any other name...

TransmissionAuto CVT
Sydney Commuter
Sydney Commuter

Sorry to hear about your Patriot problems..it sounds as though you have indeed got a lemon. I've had mine for 4 years without any issues at all.

PeterJL

PeterJLAU

Really happy with my jeep

Really happy with my new Jeep Patriot. It doesnt feel like a 4WD but has all the benefits of a 4WD and looks really cool. The only tiny issue is the air circulation isnt the best even with the fans on
drives really well
air circulation poor

Mahleigh

Mahleighasked

MK Limited (2007-2016)

Hi guys so we're up for another car and going to have a look at a 2015 patriot limited any advice or what I should check for under it's hood when I see it and test drive it this one I'm looking at has had 1 owner and has done 97000kms on the clock the interior is smiko apparently it was a trade in for a later model any advice would be amazing.

Chilby

Chilbyasked

Patriot MK (2007-2016)

Hi guys,
I'm looking at purchasing a patriot 2010 model. It has 181,000 kms on the clock can an owner of one tell me if this amount of kms okay for the price of about $6000?

Anthony S
Anthony S

Stay clear I own one and has halve the kms and nothing but trouble. If considering make sure you get a mechanic to check it out before you commit to buying. 9 yrs owning mine I've had lower control arms and ball joints replaced, front wheel bearing replaced 3 times. Clutch and gearbox issues and I've only just reached 100,000kms.

Rosco

Roscoasked

Patriot MK (2007-2016)

Gday, I'm looking at buying a 2008 Jeep Patriot MK diesel. Anybody got any advice or reviews? Anyone had any issues?

Mammoth
Mammoth

Looks like, from the reviews, it's a bit hit and miss. If you have a good one, it'll be reasonable in repairs. But if you have a lemon, like quite a few are saying, you're up for big repair costs. Good luck on that.

Other Small / Compact SUVs