Jeep Patriot MK Sport

Jeep Patriot MK Sport (2007-2016)

3.1

• Features
  • Comfort
Buckwheat

BuckwheatPerth, WA

Introduction to the Jeep legend....

Purchased in November 2011 at Jeep Dealers for A$26,500.00.

Noise Level
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

2012 jeep patriot

its decent car for the price no problems so far but i dont 4x4 so far 40,000kms of my own 94 in total, well maintained so that may play a part, good on fuel relatively nice interior, although a bit slow. . . . . . . . . sd sd

Date PurchasedJun 2015
fimamu10

fimamu10Byron Bay

Haven't been lucky with its suspension

Date PurchasedAug 2011

Giza

Giza

Don't buy a jeep

Problem after problem , electrical windows stop working, software issues when brand new-kept stalling until software updated. U connect stopped working at end of warranty, lights for tire pressure keep flashing low pressure in tire but all levels are the same and at correct pressures. I would never buy a jeep again or recommend one.

Date PurchasedFeb 2013
rachealm689

rachealm689Mid West, WA

Fairly reliable and cheap on fuel

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Mick

MickInnisfail

Heartbreaking

2010 model. Drove ok for first 10,000kls. ABS sensors were a continual problem. 5 in 3 years. Lower control arms 40k. $600 Aust. $140 US. Not available for export. Chrysler not easy to deal with. Parts in Australia are nearly400% dearer than US. Parts quality and pricing are a real problem. These have no resale value so unless you get a good one be prepared to keep spending a lot of money to keep it on the road.

Date PurchasedJul 2010

Bill RGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Patriot review

Date PurchasedNov 2010
Thalia O'S

Thalia O'SPerth

I love my Jeep!

I previously owned a v6 SAAB which was awesome until it was getting too expensive to keep fixing so I brought a jeep! I love my jeep. It is comfortable and great to drive. It may not have the fastest takeoff speed but I'm fine with that. It is great to drive in all weather conditions and even when I'm driving in a storm I feel safe and secure. The only downside is the dealership costs of service, but I can't fault the car for that! three years on I am loving it! and even my partner who loves his Nissan patrol loves driving the jeep. No mechanical problems at all to date. I'm using a local mechanic now who has a good reputation so I waved bye to the dealership costs.

Date PurchasedJul 2013
Paul and Jo

Paul and JoAlbion park

Unfortunately , I bought a jeep

2014 patriot. Owned for 7 months has been to dealer/s 13 times for
Engine overheating issues dealer can't fix
Gearbox issues that dealer can't / wont fix
Electrical issues headlights constantly flickering
Keyless entry dealer can't /wont fix
Put simply it's the biggest bucket of crap on the road and I can't wait for some misguided idiot that knows nothing about cars to buy this pig of a thing . Don't expect help from jeep their service is non existent they will brush u until the warranty expires and then u have to pay

Jeep Patriot 2012. Less than 50,000 km and gearbox needs a make over $$$

My partner really loved her black Jeep Patriot, purchased only 1 year old still under warranty. It is regularly serviced and had been a good car, for what it is, a Jeep! Until about a month ago when we noticed a pronounced noise in the 3rd and 4th gears. Was due for its 50k service which was when we were told the gearbox was damaged and required work. Unfortunately the car is no longer under warranty so we will have to spend at least $3k on replacing the bearings. Very upsetting and has left a sour taste so will sell it cut our losses and not buy another Jeep. I think the Patriot and Compass are renowned for their gearbox issues. Best stay clear from them.

Fong SifuSydney

tough and Solid built, Safe to drive

Purchased in December 2014.

BoughtNew
Features
Comfort
Tyrone

Tyrone

jeep quality and customer service...what a joke!

4harves

4harvesPerth, WA

2010 Patriot. Fantastic.

Terry

Terry

Great value for money, all round top car

I bought my Jeep at a runout sale from Jeep Albion back in march 2011. It's a 2010 model and had been used for test drives. It's the 2.4L 4WD Sport model without the cheap plastic trim. I got it for $24,950, so stoked. I've taken it to NQ where it's done the Daintree 4WD track amongst others. It's so roomy compared to a sedan, I'm 6'1" and I have no issues. Fuel economy is good, power to weight is fine, although the petrol model could use a 6th gear with a better torque ratio for towing. I haven't had a single problem, servicing is fine. I highly recommend this car. If I were to gripe about anything, it would be the indicator, it turns itself off too easily, so roundabouts are a pain in the backside.

tom kinkel

tom kinkelMelbourne

Not for Eveyrone

TransmissionCVT

Mark Holman

Mark HolmanBrisbane

Won over by the Jeep's charm,versatilty and fuel economy

Rising fuel costs chased me out of my V6 Magna,so the search was on to find a 4 cylinder car. My son and I are over 6' and sedans came up short with legroom. I stumbled upon a Dodge caliber and it impressed with huge legroom. Searching for one on the net constantly bought up Chrysler dealers,then the Pariot came into play. I saw it,liked it alot and then went off to drive a Mitsubishi Outlander to compare them. Everything the Outlander did,the Jeep did better.....so yes,I bought a Jeep :)
Value for money,features,fuel economy and the way the doors close with a solid thunk.
The handbrake is too close to the cupholders.

princessmals
princessmals

Is this car expensive in terms of servicing ? We're looking to get one on the weekend but people seem to say only bad things