Jeep Wrangler JK

Jeep Wrangler JK (2007-2022) (page 2 of 3)

Also referred to as: Jeep Wrangler JK 2021 and Jeep Wrangler JK 2023. Unlimited Sport, Overland, Unlimited Overland, etc... (See All)
See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Jeep? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking

Don't buy a Jeep!

Date PurchasedJuly 2012
JasonM
JasonMSydney, NSW

Love it so much, I want to buy another

Purchased in November 2015 at Private.

JS

Date PurchasedApr 2014

Lucky
LuckyAdelaide

09 diesel 4 Dr

Had for two years and done 50km in it, haven't had one thing happen yet, drove it after xmas to Flinders across to leigh creek and up onadatta track past lake ayer to coober pedy all off road and to uluru, then off road again through tribal lands to Alice springs, used bitumen back to adelaide . After 5000km while towing a caravan the whole trip I can't fault the turbo diesel, love this bloody car, it ain't a super model in looks but once you get one there is no other car that catches your eye. Except a wrangler with a chick driving.

TransmissionAutomatic

Honest warning Stay away from jeep

Warning just dont buy one to many faults to list you will nedd 2 jeeps just to keep one going complete rubbish love the look and driving off road but un trustworthy not reliable I must off got the lemon clucth,gearbox lights on dash wiring harness radiator headleak to much to mention you get a good one or a lemon its a lotto

Michael Maus
Michael MausAU

Solid offroader with rubbish customer support

TransmissionManual

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.14 Feb 2022
Robert VL
Robert VLSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very good truck

Purchased in November 2011 at Jeep Dealers for $39,000.

Jimmeh
Jimmeh

Fun to drive, but crap customer service

Bought our Jeep new at Tynan in Miranda, NSW. Did everything to sell us the car, but customer service has been very disappointing.
We love the car, despite having to replace four door & bonnet hinges due to rust and the poor customer service. Off road the car is fabulous, while on road handles very well. The only downside is the thirst for petrol, very hungry.

Find out how Jeep Wrangler JK compares to other Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Wait till you have it for a while. It will fall apart

An excellent 4WD and also very good at towing the off road camper trailer. However, mine is a 2009 and it leaks, I've replaced door seals already, mechanically I have had to replace switches and parts that you would not expect for a new-ish car. It's bouncy and rough but good fun, just don't expect it to be hassle free. Parts are very expensive including tyres, battery and just about anything else with a Jeep badge.

Chris 2125
Chris 2125Sudney

got me hooked

BadgeOverland
gary62
gary62

love it

jeep gal we agree.towed a camper trailer for for the first time and did nearly 2000 kms and loved it.the wrangler went like a dream but i agree about suspension we have to upgrade. we have had the jeep for 12 months and its my partners everyday car for work,its going on 23000 kms and running like a dream.

cheers

Badgesport

Find out how Jeep Wrangler JK compares to other Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Carts my kite surfer everwhere

Great car, good on fuel and I can load my kite gear in the back. I do some country driving and it's very comfortable. The leg room is enough and while the engine is a little noisy it's pretty quiet in the car. I haven't got a tow bar so I can't comment on its towing ability.

BadgeRenegade
Angie
AngieOrmeau, Gold Coast

Best purchase ive ever made!!

Purchased my Jeep Wrangler 1 year ago and I have only had 1 problem with it Leaky Roof which Jeep did replace the seals and it hasnt leaked since. Leaking roof wasnt too much of a concern as you can take the carpet out! So no big deal! Fantastic in the way of having a soft top roof which is Amazing and its so easy to use! I have upgraded the suspension to flexy coils! Great for towing! Also upgraded to new HID headlights as the standard lights where pretty dull. I love being able to do so many modifications to it! Making it unique to any other car... I could talk about my Jeep all day im so in love!

Sian a
Sian aAdelaide

Car was falling apart

We brought a brand new jeep in 2011. The wrangler practically fell apart. We had it serviced at Adelaide city jeep where they zip tied the radiator back to the car. The roof started cracking for no reason. One of the rims cracked and we were informed that it could have given way at any time whilst driving. The hood straps were also faulty. We could only get warranty help after fighting tooth and nail and were called liars on a number of occasions and could never get onto a complaints line and were completely ignored via email. Jeep australia have the most disgusting customer service as well as adelaide city jeep. I recommend staying far away from jeeps especially the wrangler.we ended up selling it as it was too dangerous to keep.

stephen27
stephen27Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Loved it - surprised by handling, quiet and fun

Simple.....don't get 1!!

Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JK Diesel 2007

I've had this car for seven years and 120,000 miles. Its used and abused very hard, bouncing down unmade dirt tracks everyday. It still drives like new and the diesel engine is just loosening up.

Its an amazing car and, after saying that life is too short to have the same car twice, I WILL buy another.

Parts wear and some parts break and they aren't that cheap to repair.

I despair at some professional reviews I've read and even doubted whether they've even driven one. The car does what you would expect, its not a Porsche or BMW, its not even 'a car'. Its a Jeep and does what Jeeps do.

Michael
MichaelMelbourne

Overheating issues

I have had overheating problems since new on any warm day going up any incline. Dealer refused to do anything about it. It caused 2 timing belt failures = 2 top end rebuilds taking 3 months to get basic parts. Had to fight to get it fixed both times and my Jeep had a full Jeep Dealer service history. I love my Jeep (when working) but don't trust it. I would not take it on a long trip far from a mechanic. I carry lots of spares since parts are seldom available in Australia and can take months to get. Jeep does not seem serious about customer service or support in Australia.

Love my Wrangle

BabydraggonzMelbourne

2014. Jeep Wrangler Unlimited four door

Babydraggonz

Oh and too top it off the female staff member ( no name provided) tells me All jeeps leak!! How's that for the service department city jeep

PatFromBriz
PatFromBrizSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rubicon, best 4 door Convertable on the Market :)

BadgeRubicon
Sam
Sam

Youre kidding

Horrible service & constant problems. My 2012 2dr Wrangler has been at the dealers more than I can recall. On a new car they have replaced the heads and today the clutch system went. They tried saying I needed a new clutch but luckily I know the problem is caused by the clutch line failure NOT the clutch.
I'm so tired of borrowing cars to get to work, tired of poor service and tired of the anxiety with driving this really poor quality vehicle. The expensive and dishonest dealers (1 in Sydney & 2 in Brisbane) are just doing my head in.

Just don't do it to yourself

david
davidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fabulous

my yellow soft top 2000 wrangler has 293,000 km on the clock and hasn't missed a beat.Nothing goes wrong with it. I will never sell it. Best car ive ever owned. I love just looking at it.The body shape.

Talreuse