17Jeep Wrangler

Jeep Wrangler

17Jeep Wrangler
3.8

68% · 6423 · 24%
Brand Manager for Jeep? Claim your listing.

Lucky
LuckyAdelaide3 posts

09 diesel 4 Dr

Had for two years and done 50km in it, haven't had one thing happen yet, drove it after xmas to Flinders across to leigh creek and up onadatta track past lake ayer to coober pedy all off road and to uluru, then off road again through tribal lands to Alice springs, used bitumen back to adelaide . After 5000km while towing a caravan the whole trip I can't fault the turbo diesel, love this bloody car, it ain't a super model in looks but once you get one there is no other car that catches your eye. Except a wrangler with a chick driving.

No jeep
No jeep
  JK Unlimited Sport Manual Petrol

Honest warning Stay away from jeep

Warning just dont buy one to many faults to list you will nedd 2 jeeps just to keep one going complete rubbish love the look and driving off road but un trustworthy not reliable I must off got the lemon clucth,gearbox lights on dash wiring harness radiator headleak to much to mention you get a good one or a lemon its a lotto

Michael Maus
Design
Jimmeh
Jimmeh2 posts
  JK Unlimited Sport Manual Petrol

Fun to drive, but crap customer service

Bought our Jeep new at Tynan in Miranda, NSW. Did everything to sell us the car, but customer service has been very disappointing.

We love the car, despite having to replace four door & bonnet hinges due to rust and the poor customer service. Off road the car is fabulous, while on road handles very well. The only downside is the thirst for petrol, very hungry.

Shaun Dog
Shaun Dog
  JK Unlimited Sport Manual Petrol

Wait till you have it for a while. It will fall apart

An excellent 4WD and also very good at towing the off road camper trailer. However, mine is a 2009 and it leaks, I've replaced door seals already, mechanically I have had to replace switches and parts that you would not expect for a new-ish car. It's bouncy and rough but good fun, just don't expect it to be hassle free. Parts are very expensive including tyres, battery and just about anything else with a Jeep badge.

Chris 2125
Chris 2125Sudney2 posts
  JK Overland
gary62
gary624 posts

love it

jeep gal we agree.towed a camper trailer for for the first time and did nearly 2000 kms and loved it.the wrangler went like a dream but i agree about suspension we have to upgrade. we have had the jeep for 12 months and its my partners everyday car for work,its going on 23000 kms and running like a dream.

cheers

G.logvyn
G.logvyn
  JK

Carts my kite surfer everwhere

Great car, good on fuel and I can load my kite gear in the back. I do some country driving and it's very comfortable. The leg room is enough and while the engine is a little noisy it's pretty quiet in the car. I haven't got a tow bar so I can't comment on its towing ability.

Angie
AngieOrmeau, Gold Coast6 posts
  JK Unlimited Sport

Best purchase ive ever made!!

Purchased my Jeep Wrangler 1 year ago and I have only had 1 problem with it Leaky Roof which Jeep did replace the seals and it hasnt leaked since. Leaking roof wasnt too much of a concern as you can take the carpet out! So no big deal! Fantastic in the way of having a soft top roof which is Amazing and its so easy to use! I have upgraded the suspension to flexy coils! Great for towing! Also upgraded to new HID headlights as the standard lights where pretty dull. I love being able to do so many modifications to it! Making it unique to any other car... I could talk about my Jeep all day im so in love!

Sian a
Sian aAdelaide2 posts

Car was falling apart

We brought a brand new jeep in 2011. The wrangler practically fell apart. We had it serviced at Adelaide city jeep where they zip tied the radiator back to the car. The roof started cracking for no reason. One of the rims cracked and we were informed that it could have given way at any time whilst driving. The hood straps were also faulty. We could only get warranty help after fighting tooth and nail and were called liars on a number of occasions and could never get onto a complaints line and were completely ignored via email. Jeep australia have the most disgusting customer service as well as adelaide city jeep. I recommend staying far away from jeeps especially the wrangler.we ended up selling it as it was too dangerous to keep.

stephen27
stephen27Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC27 posts
Mike Calder
Mike Calder
Big Steve
Big Steve

Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JK Diesel 2007

I've had this car for seven years and 120,000 miles. Its used and abused very hard, bouncing down unmade dirt tracks everyday. It still drives like new and the diesel engine is just loosening up.

Its an amazing car and, after saying that life is too short to have the same car twice, I WILL buy another.

Parts wear and some parts break and they aren't that cheap to repair.

I despair at some professional reviews I've read and even doubted whether they've even driven one. The car does what you would expect, its not a Porsche or BMW, its not even 'a car'. Its a Jeep and does what Jeeps do.

Michael
MichaelMelbourne4 posts

Overheating issues

I have had overheating problems since new on any warm day going up any incline. Dealer refused to do anything about it. It caused 2 timing belt failures = 2 top end rebuilds taking 3 months to get basic parts. Had to fight to get it fixed both times and my Jeep had a full Jeep Dealer service history. I love my Jeep (when working) but don't trust it. I would not take it on a long trip far from a mechanic. I carry lots of spares since parts are seldom available in Australia and can take months to get. Jeep does not seem serious about customer service or support in Australia.

jeepGal
jeepGalAU

johnnyz
johnnyzjacksonville

offroading

Bought it a yaer ago. It runs really good and works for what i need, its good on the road and its good off the road. Theres a 3 in lift and 32in tires which make it a bit better for going offroading in. Overall it is a good car

BabydraggonzMelbourne27 posts
Babydraggonz

Oh and too top it off the female staff member ( no name provided) tells me All jeeps leak!! How's that for the service department city jeep

PatFromBriz
PatFromBrizSouth East Queensland, QLD26 posts
  JK Rubicon
Sam
Sam2 posts

Youre kidding

Horrible service & constant problems. My 2012 2dr Wrangler has been at the dealers more than I can recall. On a new car they have replaced the heads and today the clutch system went. They tried saying I needed a new clutch but luckily I know the problem is caused by the clutch line failure NOT the clutch.

I'm so tired of borrowing cars to get to work, tired of poor service and tired of the anxiety with driving this really poor quality vehicle. The expensive and dishonest dealers (1 in Sydney & 2 in Brisbane) are just doing my head in.

Just don't do it to yourself

david
davidSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Fabulous

my yellow soft top 2000 wrangler has 293,000 km on the clock and hasn't missed a beat.Nothing goes wrong with it. I will never sell it. Best car ive ever owned. I love just looking at it.The body shape.

Talreuse
TalreuseToongabbie4 posts
Chris
ChrisPerth, WA28 posts

2008 wrangler

I do love my jeep, I was lucky only has a couple of small problems, I have heard bad stories. Main problem is Wanneroo Jeep in perth warranty and service sucks bad. The service manager back in 2009 was annoying,hard to get anything under warranty and haven't been back since
goes any where, quite robust
diff ratios, slight under power, leaking roof and leaking side mirrors
fisher480
MT01Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD9 posts

Geffers
GeffersMcCrae6 posts

Not Tooo Bad

I actually loved my jeep, but my female half couldn't stand it. It's quite bouncy and on the highway not the most comfortable vehicle. On the other hand the car is a beast in 4wd conditions and will go wherever you take, My main gripes were I started having lots of niggly little repairs mostly electrical. Some of the parts underneathe are a bit flimsy and I needed to modify it to make it stronger. Also very chewy on the juice. Not a bad run arround though.
I liked driving it and the sound of the engine, bit of a boys toy.
Not the most reliable and eats the juice.
CGBrisbane9 posts
BoughtAJeep
BoughtAJeepPerth2 posts
Dougie2 posts
Dougie

I would like to add that this vehicle had massive electrical failure. Please do not buy one.

arielleRgriffin
arielleRgriffinwoodbine

Got to have it

Awesome vehical to have for the summer, soft top or even hard tops!!! I love mine and would never sell it even if it broke down! Soon ill be getting another and it will be a 2006 this time becuase its cheap all the kinks are out and parts are very common to come by.

S. B.
S. B.Brisbane2 posts

Horrible after sale services

purchased the vehicle brand new, parts start having trouble within a year. we went back Jeep for the regular services, with each visit, they found something wrong with the car, yet after paying thousands they realise the issues was something else. we start questioning the ability of the people who did our services. Chris on Albion Jeep was extremely unhelpful. being a manger in the center, does not know how to solve any complain and handle customer frustration. poor communication and no customer services skill. very disappoint with this jeep experience.
looks
everything is going wrong from seatbell, gear box, engine ect. horrible experience
CG

What issues did you have?

Andrew
AndrewPerth2 posts

2012 JK Wrangler Unlimited

Excellent Vehicle, only done 6500km since bought it new and still runs and purrs like the day i bought it. If i had to fault anything it would be the expensive costs in Australia for extra parts but found i can ship in directly from the U.S. and save load.
Realiable so far, love the Looks and very comfortable to drive on and off road.
the only con is probably the fuel consumption but like all im sure i was warned about that. Show details ·  2
Jolene
JoleneCairns3 posts
Hal

Yes I have the same leaking issue. 2 week old car and it's been back a number of times.

Ken
Ken

I bought a leaky 2013 JKU I should have kept my Ford wildtrack

Rex Johnson
Rex JohnsonEdmonton

Chris MansellHunter Region, NSW20 posts
Chris Mansell

Got rid of the jeep and hot a Colorado - 15k servicing instead of 10k and every town has a holden dealer instead of jeep being thousands of km apart

overitjeepguy
overitjeepguy
Coder
Coder

Sounds really bad, couldn't have gotten even worse right?

Brewster47
Brewster47Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD4 posts

Oh dear oh dear!

Under light towing load, on road, this brand new clutch failed at 10,000 kms. Neither Chrysler nor the dealer would honour warranty NOR give a reason why not. The dealer bucked passed to Chrysler, Chrysler simply would not pick up the phone. I had nil confidence to take the vehicle bush as planned and sold it back to the dealer for him to sort out and replaced it with another brand which has preformed flawlessly in the same conditions.
Appealing style and smooth gear box
Nil warranty service and left all its reputation in the advertising brochures.
BarryM21
BarryM21
MissyN
MissyN13 posts

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Jeep? Claim your listing.