Jetstar Credit Card

Jetstar Credit Card (page 2 of 3)

Jetstar Dollars Program, Qantas Frequent Flyer (See All)
See the Best Low Rate Credit Cards in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Jetstar? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

No booking fees on jetstar.com
Complimentary Club Jetstar membership

Cons

$69 annual fee after the first year
$10,000 spend required to receive a $100 Jetstar travel voucher

RoyceHobart, Tasmania

Application Difficulties

David
David

Pay interest to access interest free? Really?

Money making exercise!

What a scam!! Only applued for card as i will be chsnging airlines and wanted to avoid sll the rediculous booking fees. Application declined due to information in my credit score available to view from VEDA FREE for 90 days.....fill in online forms with VEDA . Recieve a phone call to up sell me to another report because the information I need won't be in the free report. Fearful that something terrible is going on with my credit rating that I am unaware of I pay the money over the phone, retrieve my information and there is nothing negative there and my credit rating is Very Good!! Pfffft....Disgusting...

Ed
Ed

Jetstar Credit Card your name is been trashed by Macquarie Bank!!!!

Like others below, I applied for the card, jumped through the hoops to my amazement I got rejected also, this was a personal insult, my credit rating is great, pay all my bills, have a tiny mortgage and earn enough, so What . Frustrated by this I called the number on the letter and went through the steps (Macquarie Bank call centre in India which adds salt to the injury) and they reconfirmed I didn't meet their criteria. Asking what is the criteria to help me with the process and was told this is confidential information that cant be released then was advised to reapply in six months time, but my situation wouldn't be any different, guess I'll try Qantas card!

Anne
AnneMelbourne

Issues of trust with Macquarie Bank and the Jetstar Mastercard

Why even advertise it

I have a fairly decent salary, always pay my bills on time as well as above and beyond.
Only a very small car loan remaining and I got knocked back.
Only a $4,000 card I applied for, for the points.
When I asked for the reasons they said they can't release how they make the decision because they don't want their competitors to know how they calculate it.

Sue
SueSydney

Thanks for nothing

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019

credit-card-awards-2020
Cai R
Cai RSydney, NSW

40k Qantas points, can't argue

Got the deal with 40,000 free Qantas points on sign up. Annual fee less than $100, cannot argue with this. Has already paid for itself. Happy

No Problems better than the big banks

I have had no issues with mine Best Qantas FF acccumulater I have found with 50000 bonus points to sign on. Had it for 6 months now.
As has been said you need to pay it off on time wish is easily doen with Bpay from my bank.
I have found most people that write a review here have a gripe with the product and hence it skews the rating.

Find out how Jetstar Credit Card compares to other Low Rate Credit Cards

Application for a credit card

I have applied for a Jetstar Platinum them the drama started. First a series of documents , fine all send, them pay slip, all send, them they call my employee all done, them they call me again saying they need to talk to my employee " which was already done", apologies sir , them they done again, 1 month after and a series of complain they finally send me a normal mastercard.. what a joke if i want a normal card i would have asked for one.. Speaking to a lawyer i found out is illegal you order a product and they send something else.. Oh well took me a hour to cancel the card that i didn't want..Thank you jetstar cardserve for the worst and most useless experience ever.

Miha
Miha

Horrific!

Phil H
Phil HPerth

The worst customer service out there

One of the worst

I would never recommend a Jetstar MasterCard to anyone. It is one of the worst, if not THE worst. My observation in using it for balance transfers is the money is immediately debited to the card yet takes up to a week before the request is processed whereby you pay double interest. My recent frustration is the card was officially cancelled yet today I have been debited an annual fee. Dishonest practices.

Lose your card and you lose all your transaction history

in4abuck
in4abuckSydney

Worst service

I applied for this card a few weeks ago, thinking it would be a nice and easy way to get some Jetstar flight credit. Anywho, I called today to see what is wrong because it's been 10 working days. I spoke to [name removed], who kept putting me on hold (about 5 times each), and the end of the first call was just that she would 'follow up'. I then found this website, and looking at the reviews I chose to bail. Peace

Slow, service extremely bad- i'll stay with commbank who have australian operators

J_sh
J_shSydney

Incompetent or a con

nfoster
nfosterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible

only 1 word to express this card serve: horrible. I hope jetstar could have partnership with another bank that serve the customer right and better, i dont understand why people still want to apply for this bloody card with bloody customer service that make their customer like a beggar, trully unprofessional

if you need to know what wrong just apply and get one and you will end up have a miserable live, trust me.. it is pain..

Collect the 100,000 Qantas points at no cost

Receiving 1 Qantas point for every dollar spent with a MasterCard is brilliant as long as you pay the full amount of statement each month by the due date. I collect 100,000 points in about 8 months and then do not use the card again until its anniversary date and points start accumulating.
Usual MasterCard benefits
Will limit to 100,000 Qantas points

The most rotten card available

Hard to Contact. Hard to deal with, Cant change my info so my card was cancelled but now i am told I owe them money. Still cant contact to sort out. How dumb are these people. Find out if the person you are talking to is AUSTRALIAN, ASK FOR AUSTRALIAN

Worst Service Ever

Suz
Suz

Totally agree, worst service ever - I am going to cancel mine. Not helpful with points for compassionate reasons and the car hire excess insurance is ambiguous and a joke - don't go there!

DaniSydney

Late Payment Fees After payments are received

I have received a number of late payment fees AFTER I have made payments. I have proof. The call centre operators are robotic, follow long-winded scrips for which they will not be diverted and are completely unhelpful. I also earned 100points and had them disappear a few weeks later. Unconscionable.

Unfair fees. Poor service. Problemtic BPAY funds transfer.

sucker nomore
sucker nomoreGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pathetic service

I paid my balance before the due date and paid the extra over the counter two dollar fee then I receive another bill for another six dollars and have to pay another over the counter fee this card is just a sham. You can never speak to anyone in australia, lousy customer service.

koala
koalaCairns

Read the reviews !

I should have read all the reviews first. Don't waste your time with these people. I wasted nearly 3 months and that was only with the on line application only to find out they are totally incompetent. Could not seem to contact anyone in Australia. Do your research online and then go elsewhere!

Incompetence

Avoid at all Cost

This company cant accept notification that the card account is no longer required even though written advice in accordance with their terms and conditions was given.They have contacted me once before to keep it open and now have resorted to phone calls at 10:15pm at night to try and discuss.Completely unacceptable behaviour and unethical waking household members that are asleep for early starts for work.
rewards seemed attractive a few years ago but much better programs available now
Inflexible with rewards for jetstar flights and inability to accept card holders decisions

Horrible experience - Jetstar Platinum Card

Macquarie run a worse card service than Jetstar do an airline!

Got suckered in by the points offer, thinking this would be smooth, I should have remembered past experience with other affinity cards.

Nothing but problems since day one, the support staff are useless, they say something will happen it doesn't then you call up and start the cycle again. Can't reset passwords for their website access, but you need it else you pay $7+ for statements.
Application was quick
Service once you have it is excruciatingly painful.

BAP46