Jetstar Credit Card

Jetstar Credit Card (page 2 of 3)

Jetstar Dollars Program, Qantas Frequent Flyer
See the Best Low Rate Credit Cards in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Jetstar? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• No booking fees on jetstar.com

• Complimentary Club Jetstar membership

Cons

• $69 annual fee after the first year

• $10,000 spend required to receive a $100 Jetstar travel voucher

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process
Ed
Ed

Jetstar Credit Card your name is been trashed by Macquarie Bank!!!!

Like others below, I applied for the card, jumped through the hoops to my amazement I got rejected also, this was a personal insult, my credit rating is great, pay all my bills, have a tiny mortgage and earn enough, so What . Frustrated by this I called the number on the letter and went through the steps (Macquarie Bank call centre in India which adds salt to the injury) and they reconfirmed I didn't meet their criteria. Asking what is the criteria to help me with the process and was told this is confidential information that cant be released then was advised to reapply in six months time, but my situation wouldn't be any different, guess I'll try Qantas card!

Anne
AnneMelbourne

Issues of trust with Macquarie Bank and the Jetstar Mastercard

Why even advertise it

I have a fairly decent salary, always pay my bills on time as well as above and beyond.
Only a very small car loan remaining and I got knocked back.
Only a $4,000 card I applied for, for the points.
When I asked for the reasons they said they can't release how they make the decision because they don't want their competitors to know how they calculate it.

Sue
SueSydney

Thanks for nothing

Find out how Jetstar Credit Card compares to other Low Rate Credit Cards

Application for a credit card

I have applied for a Jetstar Platinum them the drama started. First a series of documents , fine all send, them pay slip, all send, them they call my employee all done, them they call me again saying they need to talk to my employee " which was already done", apologies sir , them they done again, 1 month after and a series of complain they finally send me a normal mastercard.. what a joke if i want a normal card i would have asked for one.. Speaking to a lawyer i found out is illegal you order a product and they send something else.. Oh well took me a hour to cancel the card that i didn't want..Thank you jetstar cardserve for the worst and most useless experience ever.

Miha
Miha

Horrific!

Phil H
Phil HPerth

The worst customer service out there

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019

Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020

One of the worst

I would never recommend a Jetstar MasterCard to anyone. It is one of the worst, if not THE worst. My observation in using it for balance transfers is the money is immediately debited to the card yet takes up to a week before the request is processed whereby you pay double interest. My recent frustration is the card was officially cancelled yet today I have been debited an annual fee. Dishonest practices.

Lose your card and you lose all your transaction history

in4abuck
in4abuckSydney

Worst service

I applied for this card a few weeks ago, thinking it would be a nice and easy way to get some Jetstar flight credit. Anywho, I called today to see what is wrong because it's been 10 working days. I spoke to [name removed], who kept putting me on hold (about 5 times each), and the end of the first call was just that she would 'follow up'. I then found this website, and looking at the reviews I chose to bail. Peace

Slow, service extremely bad- i'll stay with commbank who have australian operators

J_sh
J_shSydney

Incompetent or a con

nfoster
nfosterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible

only 1 word to express this card serve: horrible. I hope jetstar could have partnership with another bank that serve the customer right and better, i dont understand why people still want to apply for this bloody card with bloody customer service that make their customer like a beggar, trully unprofessional

if you need to know what wrong just apply and get one and you will end up have a miserable live, trust me.. it is pain..

Find out how Jetstar Credit Card compares to other Low Rate Credit Cards

The most rotten card available

Hard to Contact. Hard to deal with, Cant change my info so my card was cancelled but now i am told I owe them money. Still cant contact to sort out. How dumb are these people. Find out if the person you are talking to is AUSTRALIAN, ASK FOR AUSTRALIAN

Worst Service Ever

Suz
Suz

Totally agree, worst service ever - I am going to cancel mine. Not helpful with points for compassionate reasons and the car hire excess insurance is ambiguous and a joke - don't go there!

DaniSydney

Late Payment Fees After payments are received

I have received a number of late payment fees AFTER I have made payments. I have proof. The call centre operators are robotic, follow long-winded scrips for which they will not be diverted and are completely unhelpful. I also earned 100points and had them disappear a few weeks later. Unconscionable.

Unfair fees. Poor service. Problemtic BPAY funds transfer.

sucker nomore
sucker nomoreGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pathetic service

I paid my balance before the due date and paid the extra over the counter two dollar fee then I receive another bill for another six dollars and have to pay another over the counter fee this card is just a sham. You can never speak to anyone in australia, lousy customer service.

koala
koalaCairns

Read the reviews !

I should have read all the reviews first. Don't waste your time with these people. I wasted nearly 3 months and that was only with the on line application only to find out they are totally incompetent. Could not seem to contact anyone in Australia. Do your research online and then go elsewhere!

Incompetence

Avoid at all Cost

This company cant accept notification that the card account is no longer required even though written advice in accordance with their terms and conditions was given.They have contacted me once before to keep it open and now have resorted to phone calls at 10:15pm at night to try and discuss.Completely unacceptable behaviour and unethical waking household members that are asleep for early starts for work.
rewards seemed attractive a few years ago but much better programs available now
Inflexible with rewards for jetstar flights and inability to accept card holders decisions

Horrible experience - Jetstar Platinum Card

Macquarie run a worse card service than Jetstar do an airline!

Got suckered in by the points offer, thinking this would be smooth, I should have remembered past experience with other affinity cards.

Nothing but problems since day one, the support staff are useless, they say something will happen it doesn't then you call up and start the cycle again. Can't reset passwords for their website access, but you need it else you pay $7+ for statements.
Application was quick
Service once you have it is excruciatingly painful.

BAP46
BAP46
Ruth Cheshire
Ruth Cheshire
build01
build01AU

Horrible experience - Jetstar Bad Card

Horrible experience. Their customer service is terrible. Too hard to deal with them. We've close the account in August and they haven't closed the account and keep sending bills. This is even after calling up so many times. But they really don't get it.

There are so many credit cards out there. Don't get Jetstar, just keep away from them.

happyfeet
happyfeet

Terrible

BEWARE JETSTAR CREDIT CARD
Don't be fooled into their balance transfer offers, get $100 credit on flights offers!
For a start if you purchase anything on the card after transferring your balance from another card, it will never get paid off and interest will accrue on them!
All money paid will go firstly to balance transfer, and I mean all money. Not one cent will go towards your current purchases. Imagine the interest they will get from this little trick.
Watch them.
interest rate is 11.99% on purchases & no fees on booking flights for Jetstar
HIDDEN COSTS OF CARD,

Woeful service

aussiedarren
aussiedarrenAU

Do not use this card.

cannot access my link and password to account

I have had to reset password numerous times and each time myself and my wife are treated disrespectfully it is impossible to access account to pay.

My wife has authority to operate on account and this is still not
able to access - even if they confirm it is there!!

I am so sick of ringing them to reset my password so i can access online to pay - very poor site and very difficult company to work with

poor access - poor communication skills

had enough00
had enough00
DK25
DK25SYDNEY

Hopeless systems

Unlike every other card I've ever had, this one does not have any way to download your transaction history. You can get a PDF file of the month statement, but no CSV file or Excel file to be able to do anything with your transaction information.
Hopeless.

On top of that, it tooks weeks to receive my card, and service is really bad.

Jetstar clearly don't care much about this part of their business. Maybe they prefer people not to have one, so they can charge them the ridiculous card fees when they book flights with a non-Jetstar card.
Saves on fees for Jetstar flight bookings.