Jetstar Credit Card
See the Best Low Rate Credit Cards in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Jetstar? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• No booking fees on jetstar.com

• Complimentary Club Jetstar membership

Cons

• $69 annual fee after the first year

• $10,000 spend required to receive a $100 Jetstar travel voucher

For Jetstar customers, this card offers two main benefits: earning points and avoiding booking fees.

Under the Jetstar Dollars program you'll earn 1 Jetstar Dollar for every $100 you spend on eligible purchases. For every 100 Jetstar Dollars you accumulate you'll be automatically sent a $100 Jetstar travel voucher. That means you need to spend $10,000 to receive a $100 travel voucher.

Compare both Jetstar Credit Card
Pros
  • No booking fees on jetstar.com

• Low 14.99% purchase rate

• No booking fees on jetstar.com

Cons
  • $10,000 spend required to receive a $100 Jetstar travel voucher

• Additional $30 Qantas Frequent Flyer joining fee

• Relatively low QFF points earn rate (0.5 points per $1)

• $69 annual fee after the first year

CategoryLow Rate Credit Cards, Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards and Balance Transfer Credit CardsLow Rate Credit Cards, Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards and Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Card TypeVisaVisa
BenefitsReduced First Year Annual FeeReduced First Year Annual Fee
Minimum Credit Limit $2,000$2,000
Maximum Credit Limit $50,000$50,000
Minimum Income $30,000$30,000
Additional Cardholders 44
Additional Cardholder Fee $9 p.a.$9 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%2%
Rewards ProgramJetstar DollarsQantas Frequent Flyer
Points Conditions
  • 1 Jetstar Dollar per $200 spent on eligible purchases

This is capped at 500 Jetstar Dollars per year. Also, receive a $100 Jetstar Travel Voucher for every 100 Jetstar Dollars you accrue.

• 0.5 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases

This is capped at 25,000 points per year.

Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate19.99% p.a.19.99% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee3%3%
Late Payment Fee$35$35
Annual Fee$29 p.a.$29 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%3%
Interest Free Period 55 days55 days
Cash Advance Rate19.99% p.a.19.99% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Reduced First Year Annual Fee $0$0
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 14 months14 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.0% p.a.
Compare both Jetstar Credit Card

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process
Margarita P.
Margarita P.Sydney, NSW

Unfair cancellation not even a phone call

Tom
TomSydney, NSW

Points OK customer service v.poor

David

Pay interest to access interest free? Really?

Nona   I go now
Nona I go nowAU

Jetstar Platinum CC, my everyday card.

Added this card to my collection last January as a short term replacement for my Citi Platinum. Compared to Citibank, this card has been a breeze. Used as my everyday card & is paid off fully at month end. The application process was easy and the QFF bonus points for signup, and annual fee exemption, were excellent incentive. I don't need the free travel insurance but it could be useful for some people. The online banking facility is a bit clunky.
QFF sign on bonus points, no annual fee, CC fee free transactions when booking with JQ.

Low Rate Credit Cards

Find out how Jetstar Credit Card compares to other Low Rate Credit Cards

LindsayPeters
LindsayPetersSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good

Over all the mastercard is a good card ,, no whiz bang stuff but if u fly jetstar you will appreciate the no fees when booking. Accepted everywhere looks good as well if your into that.Rush out and get that now asits a good card ,, macquarie bank who underight the card try to get u on to their cards after a while though.
Interest rate is good, contact is always there when you need it , online is avaialble, No fees when booking a jetstar flight ,,overall a good card.
Dont accept a platinium upgrade as they put all of ur purchaser on the 20% rate as soon as you accept,, didnt like that.

Alexasked
Credit Card

Does the Jetstar MasterCard have a mobile app?

Royce
Royce

Not sure as I gave completing the application. They are the worst card provider I have ever dealt with.

Alex

Thanks for the helpful answer Royce...

I don't believe so

nothappyasked
Credit Card

I recently applied for the jetstar promotion master card 25,000 points and received a email confirming the application asking for proof of income to be sent to complete the application.
But when i went to send the proof of income i could not find the email from Jetstar to reply nor could I find the original application email I had sent initially?? They had both disappeared and make me wonder if there is a scam at work?

I phoned 1300 150 100 they were reluctant to look up my application and kept saying just send your proof of payment, i asked for the email to be resent they said they could not resend it?

I am reluctant to follow through as I find it very strange that both Jetstar emails could Vanish from my inbox and sent mail !!
Anyone else having the same problem, i'm worried the information sent is being scammed.

J_sh
J_sh

I think Macquarie Bank are running a scam which just serves to reinforce their image, which makes the public image of used car sales people look angelic.

The cost of these promotions QFF point promotions is the cash MacqB has to pay Qantas to buy the points and they have worked out that by dragging out the process so as to delay one being able to use the card before the promotion closes they need not buy any points at all, yet they still pocket the annual fees. This is deceptive advertising in my view.

Then they also have all this financial information about people and heaven knows what use they make of that, they may well sell that to other organisations. All that nonsense about can't send an email in this day and age is lie.

This is an all too common experience as documented on Product Review plus others e.g. Mozo.

nothappy

Thankyou. I have hesitated continuing my application as I feel unsure of the overseas help?
Plus making payments internet for me seems daunting. I must say though as far as Jetstar itself we have no complaints.
I feel concerned for the future generations trusting and selling their soul to unknown identities.
It is a difficult web to avoid, which has introduced an insatiable greed to the world.
Yet now that the internet horse has bolted only time will determine its outcome. We can only brace ourselves for a rough ride sadly some more than others.

Jetstar Credit Card