Jetstar Credit Card
See the Best Low Rate Credit Cards in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Jetstar? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• No booking fees on jetstar.com

• Complimentary Club Jetstar membership

Cons

• $69 annual fee after the first year

• $10,000 spend required to receive a $100 Jetstar travel voucher

For Jetstar customers, this card offers two main benefits: earning points and avoiding booking fees.

Under the Jetstar Dollars program you'll earn 1 Jetstar Dollar for every $100 you spend on eligible purchases. For every 100 Jetstar Dollars you accumulate you'll be automatically sent a $100 Jetstar travel voucher. That means you need to spend $10,000 to receive a $100 travel voucher.

Compare both Jetstar Credit Card
Pros
  • No booking fees on jetstar.com

• Low 14.99% purchase rate

• No booking fees on jetstar.com

Cons
  • $10,000 spend required to receive a $100 Jetstar travel voucher

• Additional $30 Qantas Frequent Flyer joining fee

• Relatively low QFF points earn rate (0.5 points per $1)

• $69 annual fee after the first year

CategoryLow Rate Credit Cards, Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards and Balance Transfer Credit CardsLow Rate Credit Cards, Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards and Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Card TypeVisaVisa
BenefitsReduced First Year Annual FeeReduced First Year Annual Fee
Minimum Credit Limit $2,000$2,000
Maximum Credit Limit $50,000$50,000
Minimum Income $30,000$30,000
Additional Cardholders 44
Additional Cardholder Fee $9 p.a.$9 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%2%
Rewards ProgramJetstar DollarsQantas Frequent Flyer
Points Conditions
  • 1 Jetstar Dollar per $200 spent on eligible purchases

This is capped at 500 Jetstar Dollars per year. Also, receive a $100 Jetstar Travel Voucher for every 100 Jetstar Dollars you accrue.

• 0.5 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases

This is capped at 25,000 points per year.

Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate19.99% p.a.19.99% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee3%3%
Late Payment Fee$35$35
Annual Fee$29 p.a.$29 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%3%
Interest Free Period 55 days55 days
Cash Advance Rate19.99% p.a.19.99% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Reduced First Year Annual Fee $0$0
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 14 months14 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.0% p.a.
Compare both Jetstar Credit Card

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process
lerajm
lerajm

Frequent User

Do not recommend using the card overseas, because there is a transaction fee.
Otherwise this card is perfect for anyone who uses Jetstar.
About every 6 months I get a $100 Voucher, and use it to go to Bali.
Used properly, and paid off monthly, this is a cost free card.
Other benefits include no booking fees, and an easy to use online account
I have recommended it to many friends.

Fred
FredGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good if you use it appropriately

The best thing about this card is if you spend $10000 you get a $100 Jetstar voucher. These rewards are better than many other cards as long as you want to travel. Annual fee isn't too bad. Though I pay it off each month they gave me a low limit and I accidently went over twice and they gave me a fee but then took it off. Third time they kept it. Can't complain. You can make it so you can't go over which is what I have done.Just make sure you keep within the limits and pay it off each month and it's fine.

Renato_A
Renato_AGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Superb Card. Especially If You Use Jetstar.

Cai R
Cai RSydney, NSW

40k Qantas points, can't argue

Got the deal with 40,000 free Qantas points on sign up. Annual fee less than $100, cannot argue with this. Has already paid for itself. Happy

Low Rate Credit Cards

Find out how Jetstar Credit Card compares to other Low Rate Credit Cards

No Problems better than the big banks

I have had no issues with mine Best Qantas FF acccumulater I have found with 50000 bonus points to sign on. Had it for 6 months now.
As has been said you need to pay it off on time wish is easily doen with Bpay from my bank.
I have found most people that write a review here have a gripe with the product and hence it skews the rating.

Collect the 100,000 Qantas points at no cost

Receiving 1 Qantas point for every dollar spent with a MasterCard is brilliant as long as you pay the full amount of statement each month by the due date. I collect 100,000 points in about 8 months and then do not use the card again until its anniversary date and points start accumulating.
Usual MasterCard benefits
Will limit to 100,000 Qantas points

Alexasked
Credit Card

Does the Jetstar MasterCard have a mobile app?

Royce
Royce

Not sure as I gave completing the application. They are the worst card provider I have ever dealt with.

Alex

Thanks for the helpful answer Royce...

David
David

I don't believe so

nothappyasked
Credit Card

I recently applied for the jetstar promotion master card 25,000 points and received a email confirming the application asking for proof of income to be sent to complete the application.
But when i went to send the proof of income i could not find the email from Jetstar to reply nor could I find the original application email I had sent initially?? They had both disappeared and make me wonder if there is a scam at work?

I phoned 1300 150 100 they were reluctant to look up my application and kept saying just send your proof of payment, i asked for the email to be resent they said they could not resend it?

I am reluctant to follow through as I find it very strange that both Jetstar emails could Vanish from my inbox and sent mail !!
Anyone else having the same problem, i'm worried the information sent is being scammed.

J_sh
J_sh

I think Macquarie Bank are running a scam which just serves to reinforce their image, which makes the public image of used car sales people look angelic.

The cost of these promotions QFF point promotions is the cash MacqB has to pay Qantas to buy the points and they have worked out that by dragging out the process so as to delay one being able to use the card before the promotion closes they need not buy any points at all, yet they still pocket the annual fees. This is deceptive advertising in my view.

Then they also have all this financial information about people and heaven knows what use they make of that, they may well sell that to other organisations. All that nonsense about can't send an email in this day and age is lie.

This is an all too common experience as documented on Product Review plus others e.g. Mozo.

nothappy

Thankyou. I have hesitated continuing my application as I feel unsure of the overseas help?
Plus making payments internet for me seems daunting. I must say though as far as Jetstar itself we have no complaints.
I feel concerned for the future generations trusting and selling their soul to unknown identities.
It is a difficult web to avoid, which has introduced an insatiable greed to the world.
Yet now that the internet horse has bolted only time will determine its outcome. We can only brace ourselves for a rough ride sadly some more than others.

Jetstar Credit Card