Jetstar

1.5 from 2,803 reviews

29 questions from our users

Sara

Saraasked

Did you purposely design your website so that any customer who wants to apply for a refund refund for a cancelled flight will be stuck in a loop (ask virtual assistant-complete form-ask virtual assistant) and not been able to complete application?

Kelly B.

Kelly B.asked

Domestic

How can you justify charging 60 dollars at the gate for a few kilos of hand luggage? It makes your customers feel held to ransom and I know I will never fly with you again.

Gay
Gay

Same here I watched them make all passengers on two flights out of Hobart evening of 12 Sept 2019. I was charged $60 for my handbag. They would have made thousands that night by the number of people having to pay. First and last time with them for me. Certainly live up to their bad reputation.

Janet C.

Janet C.asked

We have 3 of us flying to Cairns from Brisbane. Can we take one large case with 3 times our individual allowance weight?

Carmel P

Carmel Pasked

Domestic

Instead of my Cabin Baggage and Handbag, may I take a Flower Arrangement on board
Measuring 30inches (h) and 15inches (w)

Yogagirl
Yogagirl

In my experience they struggle to get passengers to their destination in a timely manner. I expect floral arrangements will wilt waiting more than six hours in a humid airport to board.

Donessia M.

Donessia M.asked

Why am I being charged more to change my flight? Why do Jetstar charge people more to change a flight than the cost of the original ticket. Where do you get a fare deal with airlines? very tired of being ripped off by airlines, what is the answer? anyone know how to solve this problem

Nigel G.

Nigel G.asked

Can I take an unopened bottle of wine as hand luggage on domestic flight

possume

possumeasked

My question is why was so many jetstar flights delayed and cancelled today at sunshine coast airport? I suffer with ptsd and severe anxiety. I was due to fly out at 10:25 am . 11:45 am I recieved a text to tell me my flight was cancelled. They offered to bus me to brisbane and get a flight at 9 pm tonight. After breaking down knowing I could not get another specialist appointment till march and having no way of getting home that is 2 hrs drive from the airport I was left sobbing and distressed in the car park. Jetstar needs to be shut down

sammy.choi.94
sammy.choi.94

There were many flights delayed and cancelled yesterday 2/2/19. Was told by the X-ray security personnel that it happened every single day. For that I shall give it a slogan, "Jetstar, always delay and cancel because we know you like our $8 airport voucher"

mark

The sunshine coast airport is on the Jetstar don't give a care list, as soon as there is any delay or aircraft breakdown on the East coast principle city route they grab the sunny coast planes. People going on holiday mean nothing to poorstar

Maritonie

Maritonieasked

What are the requirements do i need to bring, when i am travelling with my child ?
But not the same surname...

Bill WU

Bill WUasked

Terrible service ever. Lack of training staff, rude service. Delay with no text or email notification.

Garry
Garry

Yes Bill, they are terrible, but they don't care.

RichardDGasked

Check-In and Departure times - anyone been refused Check-In when at Counter more than the required hour before the Posted Departure Time ?

HelenR
HelenR

No I haven't but it doesn't surprise me!

RichardDG

No help there Helen really. Terminal Departures Board listed a Delayed Departure Time and Check-In Counter OPEN but I was refused on no longer valid Scheduled Time

Lisa

Lisaasked

Has anyone else been fumigated whilst inflight, returning from overseas we were told to cover our nose and mouth as they may be some irritation from the spray the flight attendants were about to spray within the cabins. When asked what for they ignored all questions and complaints. This was not our first time oversea and it has never happened before.

Mari

Mariasked

Can i bring dry shampoo in my carryon luggage?

Pixie

Pixieasked

What or how to redeem a jetstar card from supermarket. As im unable to do anything with it? Thankyou lilly

Shinigami
Shinigami

When you get to the final page for payment there is a voucher section you will need to click on. The problem being you can't split the payment. Example is what happened to me a couple of weeks ago... ie. you want to pay $151 for luggage and you have $150 in vouchers. You can't use $150 in vouchers and pay the $1. You have you pay completely with vouchers. Buying the actual ticket you can split the amounts.

JRDasked

Hi has anyone flown jetstar ... Sydney to Ho Chi Minh lately? I spose I’ve been a lucky customer many flights over seas as well as domestic with minimal issues... So just wondering as I’m booked to fly in May... fingernail crossed.
Ta JD

Belch
Belch

We just had our Jetstar flight cancelled less than 24hrs before the flight. Apparently this is a regular occurrence. If I was you I would book another airline now to save the hassle later

Bob C
Bob C

What day in May....I'm flying direct to Saigon on 18th....here's hoping! !

JRD

We have flown over on the 13Th May. No issues was a good flight.

Joy Stephens

Joy Stephensasked

Does anyone know of a phone number in Australia that you can contact Jetstar on?

Henry D Nguyen
Henry D Nguyen

Try www.dontflyjetstar.com.au . Contact numbers are listed there.

Kaz Dawes
Kaz Dawes

1300 652 587

A1 Rogers
A1 Rogers

Dont bother! They avoid questions like a plaque.
Their CEO wont even have the courtesy to write back to us over being bumped twice in the same week, making us late to arrange my fathers funeral.

Enox

Enoxasked

Why can't 2 of us travelling pay for 1 check in baggage when booking on line?

Byrno
Byrno

Hi, I'm sorry I can't help you with that one as we had an item each as we were going to the ski slopes at Mt Buller.
Good luck.

Malikah
Malikah

You can. Just buy luggage allowance for one person and share it. I did it with my mum.

John406

John406asked

Why does Jetstar delete complaints from its facebook page?

Clar
Clar

Because rather than repair their bad management it's easier to delete bad comments.

Paul
Paul

I don't think they do though there are some complaints that I've seen for days and they are still there.

Wendy smith

Wendy smithasked

Can I print my boarding pass at adel airport if carry on luggage is all I have? Is this possible without having to go thru to luggage chech in as it is in brisbane

scottmac99
scottmac99

You probably didn't mean to send this to me. In any case, I'm afraid I have no idea.

NB
NB

At Adelaide airport if you have only carry on luggage you can print off boarding pass before, at the self check in or use mobile check in and then head straight to the security check. You do not have to go through the check in lines. Probably doesn't help you now but may help someone else.

Panta

Pantaasked

Can I carry on 3 umbrellas? They are long. I cant keep them inside my luggage. My flight is fukuoka-bangkok.

FENCE
FENCE

Panta, not sure what you are trying to achieve. 3 large umbrellas in a cabin, I would think not, simply security reasons, however, you can add these as normal freight, odd sized baggage would be preferred if they are exceptionally long. Hope this offers you some hope with your dilemma. Take care.

You would need to ask Jet (FALLEN) Star or the airline you are traveling on that question. However, if I was you I would place them in some form of
containers (round or square) and get them placed in 'unaccompanied' luggage.

I hope this answers your question as I am not an employee of this air line but rather a very disgruntled EX customer.
I am sorry for the late answer as I have been busy with other mail activity.

BBR

brenda tait

brenda taitasked

Just found out what we thought was a domestic flight is actually an international flight and I need a passport. This was not made clear when I booked the flight. How can I change this without incurring a cost?

lori.r.beauchamp
lori.r.beauchamp

You can't. This is extremely normal. When booking a flight be sure to be aware of stop-overs. The United States is evil in this regard. Having a "direct" flight from Vancouver to Sydney, we were to "refuel" in Honolulu for one hour. Fine except that the entire plane was disembarked for this and was made to exit and then re-enter through customs during said hour. Your airline is to blame for not specifying this anomaly.

Get an answer from our members and Jetstar representatives