Jetstar

Jetstar Questions & Answers (page 3)

Brand Manager for Jetstar? Claim your listing.
Mari
Mari · Jetstar

Can i bring dry shampoo in my carryon luggage?

Pixie
Pixie · Jetstar

What or how to redeem a jetstar card from supermarket. As im unable to do anything with it? Thankyou lilly

Shinigami
Shinigami

When you get to the final page for payment there is a voucher section you will need to click on. The problem being you can't split the payment. Example is what happened to me a couple of weeks ago... ie. you want to pay $151 for luggage and you have $150 in vouchers. You can't use $150 in vouchers and pay the $1. You have you pay completely with vouchers. Buying the actual ticket you can split the amounts.

JRD · Jetstar

Hi has anyone flown jetstar ... Sydney to Ho Chi Minh lately? I spose I’ve been a lucky customer many flights over seas as well as domestic with minimal issues... So just wondering as I’m booked to fly in May... fingernail crossed.

Ta JD

Belch
Belch

We just had our Jetstar flight cancelled less than 24hrs before the flight. Apparently this is a regular occurrence. If I was you I would book another airline now to save the hassle later

Bob C
Bob C

What day in May....I'm flying direct to Saigon on 18th....here's hoping! !

JRD

We have flown over on the 13Th May. No issues was a good flight.

Redtaffy
Redtaffy

Hi we flew last year to Vietnam with jetstar from Perth no hassles was good flight

Joy Stephens
Joy Stephens · Jetstar

Does anyone know of a phone number in Australia that you can contact Jetstar on?

Henry D Nguyen
Henry D Nguyen

Try www.dontflyjetstar.com.au . Contact numbers are listed there.

Kaz Dawes
Kaz Dawes

1300 652 587

12 Victorian Dept way
12 Victorian Dept way

Dont bother! They avoid questions like a plaque.

Their CEO wont even have the courtesy to write back to us over being bumped twice in the same week, making us late to arrange my fathers funeral.

Michael add Carole
Michael add Carole

Lol you can not call, email only then get a generic mail back ....the brush off "the cheque is in the mail"

Zed
Zed

It’s pointless calling their main number, they make contacting them “difficult by design”, their agents have no authority to make any decision and are governed by a policy of providing customers with the minimum amount of information possible and zero commitment to any outcome. Ever notice they won’t give you a quantifiable answer to any question?

Enox
Enox · Jetstar

Why can't 2 of us travelling pay for 1 check in baggage when booking on line?

Byrno
Byrno

Hi, I'm sorry I can't help you with that one as we had an item each as we were going to the ski slopes at Mt Buller.

Good luck.

Malikah
Malikah

You can. Just buy luggage allowance for one person and share it. I did it with my mum.

John406
John406 · Jetstar

Why does Jetstar delete complaints from its facebook page?

Clar
Clar

Because rather than repair their bad management it's easier to delete bad comments.

Paul
Paul

I don't think they do though there are some complaints that I've seen for days and they are still there.

Wendy smith
Wendy smith · Jetstar

Can I print my boarding pass at adel airport if carry on luggage is all I have? Is this possible without having to go thru to luggage chech in as it is in brisbane

scottmac99
scottmac99

You probably didn't mean to send this to me. In any case, I'm afraid I have no idea.

NB
NB

At Adelaide airport if you have only carry on luggage you can print off boarding pass before, at the self check in or use mobile check in and then head straight to the security check. You do not have to go through the check in lines. Probably doesn't help you now but may help someone else.

Panta
Panta · Jetstar

Can I carry on 3 umbrellas? They are long. I cant keep them inside my luggage. My flight is fukuoka-bangkok.

FENCE
FENCE

Panta, not sure what you are trying to achieve. 3 large umbrellas in a cabin, I would think not, simply security reasons, however, you can add these as normal freight, odd sized baggage would be preferred if they are exceptionally long. Hope this offers you some hope with your dilemma. Take care.

BBR (Big Bad Rob)
BBR (Big Bad Rob)

You would need to ask Jet (FALLEN) Star or the airline you are traveling on that question. However, if I was you I would place them in some form of

containers (round or square) and get them placed in 'unaccompanied' luggage.

I hope this answers your question as I am not an employee of this air line but rather a very disgruntled EX customer.

I am sorry for the late answer as I have been busy with other mail activity.

BBR

brenda tait
brenda tait · Jetstar

Just found out what we thought was a domestic flight is actually an international flight and I need a passport. This was not made clear when I booked the flight. How can I change this without incurring a cost?

lori.r.beauchamp
lori.r.beauchamp

You can't. This is extremely normal. When booking a flight be sure to be aware of stop-overs. The United States is evil in this regard. Having a "direct" flight from Vancouver to Sydney, we were to "refuel" in Honolulu for one hour. Fine except that the entire plane was disembarked for this and was made to exit and then re-enter through customs during said hour. Your airline is to blame for not specifying this anomaly.

icebreaker
icebreaker · Jetstar

Normally, the international flights are always included with 20 kg of luggage free per passenger. But why this company charge me for over 180 AUD just for my 14 kg luggage !?

I was extremely disappointed and of course nothing to says cuz ur flight is departure in 2 hrs .. The staff at service desk is so rude and ignore , didn't provide any customer service train ?

PhilMuffin
PhilMuffin

It is clear when you book your ticket that they charge extra for luggage. However, it is the other services that have no charge attached that they do not care about, such as service and the ability to be helpful. You can carry on 10kg before they charge you and I have had to remove items from my bag and carry them on my person to get from 12 kg to 10kg. Even after I checked the weight on scales outside the airport. Maybe someone should recalibrate the scales and then they may not make so much money charging people that are trying to get on the plan. Just something to think about. No extra charge if you are a very large person.!!!!

Natasha T
Natasha T · Jetstar

I am flying via jetstar, sydney to honolulu in July. Can anyone tell me their experiences? Good, bad?

rmariatd

My experience with Jetstar (Sydney to Honolulu) was very bad. They cancelled the flight due to operational issue and gave a new schedule. The problem with that is that 3 different staff from Jetstar Call Centre gave the same WRONG arrival date/time through 3 different phone calls. I suspect their system could not handle the dateline. To keep the story short, I did not bother to complain through the normal channel. I sent an email to the then CEO complaining about that and put my review and spread the words through social media.

just a customer
just a customer

Our experience flying from sydney to honolulu was very bad for the second time, first time they booked the wrong seats that we paid extra for , the customer service staff was extremely rude , basically shouting on us and not willing to help at all, we though maybe that's just one mistake, on the second trip much worse, after we arrived at airport they told us that the flight was canceled weeks ago and they didn't bother contacting us or the travel agent !! And agian the front desk staff and customer service on the phone were very very rude instead of apologizing to us for failing to contact us !! I think jetstar staff members adopt the strategy of attack is the best way for defence ,no respect to customers and never ever apologize for their mistakes, will never fly again with jetstar or recommend to anyone.

T. Carroll
T. Carroll

Jetstar is a budget airline so expect the unexpected. Biggest issue is they delay cancel reschedule flights with very little notice. This happened to me Changi airport 2 days ago 12 hour delay. Could have got transit hotel room etc more money but chose to wait it out was given $13 food voucher. Have used Jetstar before been fine but the issue of cancellation etc is becoming more n more common

at0g
at0g

I refuse to fly with Jetstar - simply too many bad experiences.

The tickets are cheap, but not so much when factoring in actual cost to you (such as lost days of your holiday when flights are cancelled). I would rather pay the extra 5-10% and fly with another carrier rather than waste my holiday working around their f**k ups.

evam
evam · Jetstar

Do they charge for checked bags? Carry-on luggage? Charge to print boarding pass at airport? What additional fees are there that first-time travelers may not be aware of?

Neil
Neil

We checked in online so there was no charge at the airport and we weren't charged for carry on baggage although we only had a small bag each.

My biggest shock was being charged for a drink of water on the flight, I know they are a budget airline but that is taking it a step too far.

If they ran on time I might give them another chance, but they don't.

drey
drey · Jetstar

can i cancelled a flighti booked online ? and i already paid it thru my credit card?

Gary L F
Gary L F

I'm sorry I don't actually know, but you could ring jet star and ask them.

Liz Holland
Liz Holland · Jetstar

I am planning to book with jetstar to fly to Japan with a 1 year old child. Will I be given a bassinet onboard?

Kel

You kidding? Have you ever flown before? There are no bassinets

Am I a happy vegemite?
Am I a happy vegemite?

For those reading this - there ARE bassinets on board.

Trouble is that they are limited in number and unlike full service airlines, Jetstar won't pre-allocate. Typically, pax need to purchase seat adjacent to bulkhead (where bassinets are attached) and be at arrival gate upon opening to ensure no swaps.

natasha
natasha · Jetstar

thinking of bookin with jet star to go to thailand but on 2 minds after all these bad comments??? are they really so bad???

Tubby
Tubby

Hi Natasha, I haven't personally flown overseas but I have flown with all major airlines within Australia and I honestly think tiger was the best so far.. I cannot guarantee they are going to be great overseas, but who really knows how any one flight will be? Have a think about it, also I've looked and most airlines are rated as a 2star or product review anyway so that says most ppl just complain.. Good luck with you're trip! Sorry I can't help further..

Ang
Ang

Hi Natasha ,

I have flown overseas with jetstar on 3 occasions and have had no issues at all . I have also had family members fly with jetstar to hawaii and they have had no issues as well . Just remember to prepurchse your baggage before you can go as it can be very costly at the airport if you are even over by a few kilos and take snacks with you on board . The only negative think I can say is the on flight entertainment system that you can hire on board does not have a good selection of movies so perhaps take your own laptop or iPad . Hope this helps :-)

dnett1
dnett1

Hi Natasha

I would not recommend Jetstar to anyone at the moment. I've seen the way they treat customers just because they have tried to save a couple of dollars to fly with them. We flew Virgin to Bali and had a good experience. I've also flown Malaysia Airlines to London and they were good. Jetstar is doing some odd things on the ground these days to keep up with or run out the competition and the result is delayed/ canceled flights and poor customer service. There was a bit of mucking around in Hobart when I flew with them a couple of days ago and all their other flights were delayed by hours but thank god not ours. From now on I have made a conscious decision to pay a little more and have a delay/sress free holiday. Also don't discount Royal Brunei and Air Asia (very much Budget airline) but Singapore Airlines is the best. Stay away from any Indonesian Airlines due to poor safety records. Cheers and good luck!!

Nigel
Nigel

If you want a lousy holiday book with Jetstar but don't say you were not warned. The ratings above say it all. They really are terrible and with all the delayed flights I think their safety is questionable

Kel

Most of the angst comes from people who have to change bookings, turn up late, make a mistake with their booking or somehow screw up and then are told they have to pay extra. Mind you I'd be upset if a flight was cancelled. Flying to HCMC next July and we now live three hours from the airport.

rmariatd

Kel, my angst was not from a mistake I made. It was Jetstar who cancelled the flight. They rescheduled the flight and on 3 different phone calls 3 different Jetstar Call Centre staff gave the same WRONG arrival date/time. As a result I was stranded at the airport at midnight. Did the Cabin Staff bother to help? They told me to contact the ground staff. Did the Jetstar ground staff bother to help? Too bad, not a single soul was at the airport. I had to pay extra not because of my fault, but it was because of Jetstar's fault.

Chessmac
Chessmac · Jetstar

What is it like flying overseas?

You fly over water

E Brown
E Brown

When you fly international it is much the same as flying demestic but you have entertainment options and you might even sleep for eight hours of the flight, which can be uncomfortable in ecconomy. Its important to stretch your legs as much as possible. The crew service breakfast etc and you might get a comfort pack which has water and fruit, night mask etc. Always travel in loose clothes and take a pillow, blanket.... its a long haul from Australia to America and longer to the uk etc

xtian0305
xtian0305 · Jetstar

i intend to travel and bring home a flatscreen tv for my mom. i called to add baggage and learned that they dont have services that can guarantee that these items are handled with care. any thoughts on this?

Sarah S
Sarah S

I'm not surprised, they are terrible. I wouldn't trust them with anything important.

Georgia McCarthy
Georgia McCarthy

Hi xtian0305, Many airlines will not guarantee the safety of items. They can place a fragile sticker on items and care will be taken but they usually are not liable if the item breaks, you travel with it at your own risk. It's like if your perfume bottle or something broke in your suitcase, they won't buy you all new clothes it is up to you to pack it correctly. Hope this helps. :)

E.Brady
E.Brady · Jetstar

Is it possible to transfer a ticket to another name, well in advance of the actual flight date?

deandownunder
deandownunder

Hi, I wouldn't bet on it but you should perhaps call them to make sure. One thing is for certain it will cost you money to do it. Jetstar charges for everything. We will never use them again.

missjojo
missjojo

Hi. I used to work as a travel agent and no airline will allow you to do that. Sorry

Bill Bates
Bill Bates

They won't do anything to help customers and don't deserve to be in business. They give Australian tourism a bad name and the powers that be should act

Select a listing for your question
Jetstar

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Jetstar? Claim your listing.