Jetstar

Jetstar (page 2 of 134)

Domestic and International
1.5 from 2,667 reviews

See the Best Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Never again.

I would give 0 if I could. ZERO communication about delays and cancellations, then offer a voucher, as if I would. Ashamed to say I gave them too many chances.

screw you

We had a funeral I paid it I get to the airport and they say it’s fully booked how the hell can it be booked if I paid, the funeral was important

They just don’t care

Once again cancelled flight, apparently may get a flight late afternoon...... but will only confirm 1 hour prior to flight. Great given I have been at airport since 7am. Disgusting!!!!!

DestinationSydney Airport (SYD), Sydney NSW, Australia
BookingThird Party

Shocking - please consider paying a bit more for another airline - it could save you in the long run

Be super cautious - booked a flight over a month in advance and it was cancelled the morning of (due to 'air traffic restrictions').
It was a return flight, and no flights were offered until the day after, nor was any compensation for another night in a hotel.

Hence, I booked another (more expensive) flight with a different, more reliable airline.

I was then given a 'refund' in the form of a voucher!
This is not a refund.
Jetstar have taken my money and not delivered what I paid for. Instead I'm stuck with a voucher which I am unlikely to use, as I will never choose to fly with them again.

I explore you to to think really hard before booking with this airline.

Amazing Rep Very Helpful Fixing My Mistake When Changing Flight

I recently wanted to extend my bali trip by 2 days but accidentally selected the wrong change date, my mistake, I called up and explained my mistake to the CSR, while she wasn’t able to refund the fare difference she waived the fee to change to the date I actually wanted too after speaking at length with her supervisor. It was my mistake but she went out of her way to minimise my financial loss, great rep, I’m very appreciative. Didn’t get her name but thank you so much.

DestinationDenpasar, Denpasar City, Bali, Indonesia

Jetstar Cancelled Flight but Not Refunding Money

Thursday morning 5 September 2019, In calm nice weather, received an SMS message on my way to the airport. flight is cancelled because of "weather". No alternative flights, no refund. Simple as that.

How to make millions in 4 easy steps.

1. sell tickets.
2. cancel it.
3. do not refund. call it "weather".
4. you're a millionaire now.

Can’t put zero stars

Rude check in staff, dripping with attitude, directing passengers to doors that weren’t unlocked to board and then getting snarky when the boarding queue starts backing up. Charged $60 at gate for being 1.5 kg overweight - despite electronic scales saying all ok. God I hate Jetstar.

I would rather have cancer than fly jet star again

What they call bag fees I call extortion. Also, all other flights are flying but due to “weather” jetstar cancelled its flight. They can put me on the next flight tho (2days from now). Terrible.

BookingThird Party

Charged $60 for being 2Kg over carry on allowance - despite paying for 20KG of checked luggage that I didn't use.

Despite having a ticket with 20KG checked baggage allowance that I didn't use, - I got slugged $60 at the gate for being 2kg over the carry on allowance. As were about 15 other people. Never going to use this airline again. Hope this strategy pays off for them, but it wont be from me - or my family or any friends I can tell. I felt like I was being mugged - pay up or you dont fly - complain and get kicked off the flight altogether. Get Stuffed Jetstar - you have lost a customer for life.

DestinationGold Coast QLD, Australia

Boarding at gate cost $60. Weight scales differ to my scales by 1.5 kls

Furious with this airline for charging overweight onboard luggage of what they weighed as two kls overweight. They weighed my small handbag and my water bottle. Dont carry handbag. Dont carry water bottle. Their scales for 1.5 kils more than my scales. Cost. $60 extra at boarding.

DestinationGold Coast QLD, Australia
BookingThrough Airline

Food was bad. I payed for in-flight entertainment but whole plane seemed to have it

Booking process was good. Lovely people.
Seats were so uncomfortable. If your over 5.7 ft your knees hit. I ordered ham and cheese toasties they were rock hard and ham had hard fat through it. I payed 9dollars per person so we sat together and I payed to have in-flight movies. But plans had rows of seats empty in front of me where people quickly jumped too when in sky and they had the movies in seats they didn't book or pay for. The new release movies were crap and mainly for kids and we had same movies on the returning flight so we didn't couldn't watch any new releases we hadn't already seen. Staff were lovely but seen my partner was in extreme pain to sit and didn't try to accommodate. But my in-laws were very sick and they were cared for so good. Not happy about the food price or quality. Not happy I payed for entertainment even vacant seats had for free. Not happy I payed to have us 4 sit together in a very vacant flight.

DestinationThailand

Do Not Repeat Do Not Fly Or Deal With This Lowlife Company

I booked a flight late august to fly to sydney from d gold 4 a friends birthday and stay over night and return d next day
The flight 2 sydney was $51 with a 7 kilo luggage and $85 return
I was informed by the friends daughter that it would be a surprise party and the date had to b changed 2 the following week
So I contacted jetstar explaining my dilemma hoping they would change the flight date ..Mind you the flight is not until november ..
They informed me it would b a $ 85 fee for each flights total $170...crap..
I was told to go online and it would b only $11o to change the pricing
I said 4 what for a couple of clicks on a keyboard you want $110 you have to b joking ..I will never fly with jetstar or qantas ever again .I usually fly every year to an overseas destination ..I would rather swim then fly with these money grabbing crap
Its shameful to call themselves the flying kangaroo the australian company .. Pathetic is the best word to describe this company

If I could give it less than 1 start I would!

Terrible service and their sticking to ‘policy’ is just a money making ploy. Don’t book with this airline! Go with another airline! Won’t ever be flying with them again. Check the weight of your luggage - they will sting you right before you board and you will have no other choice but to pay the ridiculous amounts of money for no other reason but to make more money!

BookingThird Party

Worst airline don’t waste your money

I fly to and from Newcastle to Melbourne on a regular basis. It is the only airline who continually has to apologise for flight cancellations, delays and technical faults. Giving you the heads up don’t do it

DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia
BookingThrough Airline

Damaged my brand new suitcase and wiped their hands of it

Flew Jetstar on a recent holiday, they damaged my brand new suitcase to the point I have to replace the wheel. I emailed them a claim and because I didn’t take my damaged luggage to the counter at the airport at collection I have no basis for claim. Regardless of the fact I didn’t notice it until I got to my accomodation apart from being difficult to wheel along. Single mum travelling with kids makes it hard. Brand new suitcase, not happy.
Have also had flights cancelled, delayed, rude staff, filthy aircrafts. Considering when you add luggage etc it’s not that much cheaper than other airlines I will be choosing not to fly with them again.

BookingThrough Airline

Very rude service desk assistant in Tullamarine

Our flight was canceled by Jetstar in the morning and so we took the next available flight for the same day. We couldn’t check in online nor in the kiosk so we went to service desk for assistance. The lady was very rude, starting with “why are you here?” And when we said we need to check in “this isn’t the check in area”. We explained we are aware of the kiosk but couldn’t do it online nor kiosk that’s why we are here. And she responded in a very rude voice “well a lot of people don’t know why they’re here”. She asked for my ID and handed it back to me by throwing on the table. What an attitude! If she’s having a bad day, she shouldn’t show it to us. It’s not fair and it’s infecting us.

DestinationMelbourne Tullamarine Airport, Tullamarine Freeway, Melbourne Airport VIC, Australia

Disappointed angry annoyed

I was charged $60 dollars over for hand luggage. I had medication in one bag. We were a group.combine it all we were under. Never again. I am so mad it’s a joke. When u travel in a group n when u have medication plus doctors letters u get charged. I travel frequent never again with jet star.

DestinationSydney NSW, Australia

No service for mums with infants

Zero stars.
Zero consideration. A cryinh infant in my arms carry on luggage and I get sent to the back of the line, zero help. I will spend that extra money to get a better service next time I will never travel with them again and will not recommend them to anyone I know. Employ a few mums so you could grow your understanding about what's kind and unkind instead of a few girls who stand there infront of customers bitching about other staff members.

Jetstar sucks!

Flight from Hamilton Island cancelled. Taken to Airlie by ferry. Told we could have a $30 voucher which we could chose to have for breakfast or dinner. Not both. Then required to supply a credit card for a holding deposit. That took my last $100. Not enough for taxi from airport on arrival. The whole thing has been a hard earned lesson. I will never use Jetstar again

BookingThird Party

Got ripped off with a crap feed

Sat in 24 e flight jq 489 Brisbane to Newcastle 30th August at 7:55 wanted cheese and bikkies had none and got beef noodle tasted like crap had one mouthful spat it back into the container gave it back to crew didn't even get a refund or change of meal what a rip off

DestinationPort Stephens NSW, Australia