Jetstar

Jetstar (page 2 of 141)

Domestic, International
1.5 from 2,806 reviews

See the Best Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

2,188

APL

APLSydney, NSW

Cancelled flights but will not refund.

Jetstar delayed by Sydney to Brisbane flight by 2 days, through repeated cancellations and rebookings. I finally got to Brisbane 36 hours late, then, when trying to return to Sydney 2 days later, they again cancelled, rebooked, cancelled again... offered me another flight to a different city 26 hours later again. So I asked for a refund and was told that was possible. I booked and flew with a different airline within a few hours. When I applied online for the refund they said it was not possible because the cancellation was due to weather. Jetstar is refusing to refund the money I have paid for a flight which they cancelled.

Disgraceful

12 of us were flying to a funeral with 24 hours notice. While booking the flight they hiked the prices, and we all ended up paying $70 more each. It gets worse.

The flight was then cancelled. They didn't seem to think this was a problem. They offered us flights 2 days later, and no refund. We begged, asked for anything, asked to speak with Qantas. They didn't care.

We went to Qantas and they took all 12 of us on a flight the next morning free or charge.

DepartureMelbourne VIC, Australia
DestinationSydney NSW, Australia
unhappy

unhappy

Jetstar help is no help.

Neha

NehaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Crap Service

Jetstar services are going down by the day. You spend so much money to books flights with Jetstar and they have zero idea of customer service.
I book a ticket for my mother and she gets a seat assigned for row 3 and later to accommodate a wheel chair passenger they move my mother to row 35.
For wheel chair jet star should have made adjustment before and not on the spot. And moving another old aged passenger to 30 rows behind is not done.
Seriously jetstar you need to get your services done right. #jetstardramas

BookingThrough Airline

Beware transit requirements between flights on Jetstar domestic

DepartureHobart TAS, Australia
DestinationGold Coast QLD, Australia

stace

stace

Overcharging

Horrible service and will rip you off with carry on luggage. Their scales are not correct and then charge you last minute fees arguing they weigh more than they do

DestinationHobart TAS, Australia

Noddy

NoddySydney, NSW

Worst airline of all time

Third flight on Jetstar in 3 weeks. I dont think they know themselves when they will board/depart. They keep making expected departure times announcements and keep missing them multiple times every time.

DestinationPerth WA, Australia

annieob08

annieob08Hunter Region, NSW

Never Again

Swore off flying Jetstar 12 months ago after three delayed/cancelled flights one after another. Had no choice this time, and - yep, delayed by 3 hours out of Sydney this morning. The reason this time....as usual..."crew requirements". Likely Jetstar speak for "flight half full, decided to pull it". Should've known better - a triumph of hope over experience. Never again.

DestinationAdelaide SA, Australia
Anthony

Anthony

Given a Park and Fly Deal, but it was cancelled after payment was made

My parents were given a park and fly deal. However two days before the international flight, Jetstar said that they were unable to fulfil the park part of the deal after my parents have paid. This has caused a knock-on effect as my parents do not live in the same city as the city of departure for said international flight. So in turn, I have to cancel my plans and drive my parents as there are no other alternatives.
Their flight isn't a holiday trip, it's for business. Yes, they are frequent flyers in business class.

DestinationSaigon, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
ClassBusiness Class
Kaye

KayeHunter Region, NSW

How they treat the customer

DestinationAdelaide SA, Australia

pizza with the lot

pizza with the lotSouth East Queensland, QLD

Additional charges for oversized baggage.

I booked JQ783 from Adelaide to Brisbane. I purchased 1 x checked bag for an additional fee at the time of booking. When i checked in, i was informed that there was an additional $25 fee for oversized baggage.

DepartureAdelaide SA, Australia

Sage

SageSouth East Queensland, QLD

No troubles at all.

We flew with Jetstar to Bali from Brisbane this year and we didnt have any troubles whatsoever. Booking process was fast and easy which was great. We flew for 6 hours both ways and were preoccupied the whole time with entertainment and whenever we needed something the staff were quick to solve it. There was a wide selection of food you could purchase and it was especially decent. I was worried after seeing these reviews to fly with them but had a great experience.

DepartureBrisbane QLD, Australia
DestinationDenpasar, Denpasar City, Bali, Indonesia

Pathetic

DepartureCairns QLD, Australia

Spiro P.

Spiro P.Sydney, NSW

Every time!!!

Flight cancelled, again. I am a frequent flyer with Virgin, decided to fly Jetstar. Always the same excuse when they cancel flights. Jetstar are very unreliable. Shame on you. 7 flights with Jetstar, 7 cancellations on the return. I fly fortnightly with virgin, no flights cancelled. I really want to support our national carrier but with service like this, its impossible. To all reading this, do yourselves and you families a favour, dont book with Jetstar

DestinationCairns QLD, Australia
Kelly

KellySouth East Queensland, QLD

Jetstar are okay but their food is below average

The flight was delayed and the food was below average. There is no complimentary food. At least Virgin gives you a free packet of pretzels and coffee/tea/water. The staff were okay but Virgin was better.

DestinationGold Coast QLD, Australia
Pip

PipHobart, TAS

Usually good, sometimes not so good

DepartureHobart TAS, Australia

Jen

JenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Staff won't let you takes your jumper off...

I am currently Sat waiting for my Jetstar flight at Sydney airport. The lady came around a weighed my bag and said it was fine less than 7kg and tagged it. It is warm and so I have taken off my jumper and coat. She then came round and said I have to include the jumper into my hand luggage because I am not wearing it reweighed my bag and ripped the tag off and said it is now too heavy and that I need to wear my jumper onto the plane or pay extra. There is following the rules and then there is taking making an absolute mockery. Does this mean that for the entire flight I have to wear my jumper and coat even if it is hot? I think this is the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Ebi

EbiSydney, NSW

0 customer service

First experience, Terrible, cheap quality, online check in didnt work , they dont care feedback ,ended up 45 mins waiting for check in.then made me pay 60$ extra as had 500 gram more than 7kg . I Do not recommend. Dont waste your time and money.

Helen

HelenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor customer service

My travel companions missed a flight due to a bushfire. I was at the airport trying to sort out how to get another flight. Spoke to three employees only to be told, very rudely, to ring jetstar

DepartureMelbourne VIC, Australia

Nellietheellie71

Nellietheellie71South East Queensland, QLD

Appalling Service

Our direct flight to Bali from Brisbane was cancelled after waiting at the airport for 4 hours and 45 minutes past our departure time of 7.15 am. There was very limited communication given to waiting passengers. One person on a desk for approx 350 passengers to re arrange flights. Absolutely no regard for customer satisfaction. Disgraceful Customer Service.

DepartureBrisbane QLD, Australia