1.4

6,899 reviews

7% · 4946,273 · 91%
Brand Manager for Jetstar? Claim your listing.

6,899 reviews
Pete
PeteSydney, NSW8 posts
Amarjeet S.
Amarjeet S.

No more jetstar

No more jetstar
Got Charged $75 for 1kg overweight in handbag. And they check at last point so that our next option should be missing that flight..
Nicky W.
Nicky W.Perth, WA

Disappointing

Unreliable. Not transparent. Lack of empathy. Couldn't care less. Last time for us
Jetstar are thieves
Jetstar are thievesSydney, NSW

Double charging

Bag broke at check-in was told the extra 7kgs I had to carry wouldn't be charged at gate because I already paid. Plane was late they charged new again at gate. Horrible airline
Cumi
CumiSydney, NSW10 posts

King of Delay!!!!

King of Delay!!!!!
As always
I thought they are better now
Unfortunately...
Frustrated
Frustrated

Customers don’t matter

An already delayed flight, they finally boarded us and left us sitting on tarmac for 40 minutes (so far) with no explanation.
Fly another
Fly another

Fly elsewhere

We have been flying for so many years , these guys still get everything wrong!
Don't fly jetstar or Qantas same fails everytime different day... every time, time again. Seriously pay more go elsewhere if you need too, it will be worth it.
Adam M.
Adam M.
  Domestic

Dirtiest presentation of an aircraft award!

After 30 minute delay we boarded the aircraft to be presented with copious amounts of good rubbish throughout the cabin. Disgusting JetStar.! Get your act together. You’re already known as being the most delayed, now you’re looking to add dirtiest to your portfolio..?? My 7 yr old was even disgusted.!!
Eileen N.
Eileen N.

Screw jetstar

Jetstar is piece of poo. 40 min til flight and I was told I was late , someone burn Jetstar down I could of flown back twice dirt bags
Wendy S.
Wendy S.

Refund process

Booked a flight to attend my Mother in laws funeral paid for flight Sydney to Ballina flight was not confirmed with a SMS didn’t say that it went through so had to make another booking which went straight through but was $47.00 dearer. When I got refunded it was for the cheaper price which personally is not very fair.
Sarah
Sarah

Domestic flight made easy

Fantastic customer service
Both flights on time and customer service on board was excellent
Efficient checkin , Melbourne and Sydney
Incident onboard dealt with in a very professional manner and defused
Great airline
Rashel
Rashel

Terrible customer service

The check in attendant was rude and sarcastic in her answers when we asked about our trouble checking in our baggage. Unpleasant and unfriendly staff. She didn’t give any apology at all for the discomfort we had trying to check in. She even laughed and smirked at us for not checking in their website on how to book online. She gave us the feeling that we were stupid tourists. I hope not to fly jetstar again.
A WISE OLD OWL
A WISE OLD OWLMetropolitan Adelaide, SA14 posts
Unhappy Customer
Unhappy Customer

Very Poor Experience

Charged me twice for checked baggage, but would take responsibility that is was their fault. $80 one, $80 again at the gate. Was told it would be fine as carry on. It’s wasn’t. So they charged me again…
Total well-being convert
Total well-being convertMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts
Tom
TomGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Won't be flying Jetstar again

Flight cancelled. Put us on a flight 2 days later. Poor communication. Won't be flying Jetstar again.

JFK
JFK4 posts

Great efficient service

I have found jetstar to be a very professional and efficient service to deal with, from the website to dealing with customer service on the phone, and the travel. I've had to make changes and opt for vouchers on several occasions and the airline has always made it accessible and easy. I wouldn't fly domestic with anyone else.
Rajiv
Rajiv
  International

Charged money, never refunded and service not provided and no communication

We booked flight with extra leg room and we paid for it. When we rang a few days before to inquire some unrelated thing we were told that the extra leg room seat is no longer available and we were never notified and no money refunded. We had no other choice but to upgrade to Business class seats with so much extra cost. This is such a bad example of customer service for charging money and not providing what we wanted and not informing at all in time if that was not available.
sam
samGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

nightmare holiday

JQ505 SYD MEL cancelled flight and was stuck in Sydney with no offer of any flights for the day we were supposed to fly out at 6am and still couldn't get a flight only connecting to Queensland and stay 6hrs in Queensland to be put on another flight at 9pm absolute disgrace and would not fly with jet star again save the headaches use another carrier. and to top it off no credit for all the run around they caused extra hotel stay and uber and put out for work as this was a Sunday and needed to back at work Monday, what a joke lesson learnt pathetic is a understatement u dint even deserve 1 star.
Mario S.
Mario S.

Jetstar no more!

Will never travel with this company in the future. Flight got cancelled while we were sitting on the tarmac. Missed connecting flight with other company, big cost to replace tickets. Were told by agent at the counter that we would get reimbursement for service we did not used but paid for. Never received the money, chatted with somebody from Jetstar about that, were told not possible to be reimbursed, no valid reasons given, too bad we didn’t take name from the agent at the counter in Cairns! Avoid travelling with Jetstar if you can!!
Nigel N.
Nigel N.
Colin w.
Colin w.South East Queensland, QLD

Outstanding Jetstar

Jetstar 566 Melbourne to Brisbane Sat. April 13.
I became very ill (flu?) in the early stages of the flight and the care and attention given by the Cabin Crew was so appreciated and way beyond their usual busy schedule.
I'm 78 years old and have flown in all sorts of planes from 6 seat prop aircraft in PNG to the magnificent Concorde in Europe and your crew were as good as any I've experienced.
Thanks Jetstar you're amazing.
MY PHUONG D.
MY PHUONG D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst customer service

Look at how many complaints about customer service. I don't understand how they recruit their staff with terrible attitude at the service desk. Enquired about the wheel chair assistance which I booked in advance for my mom. And the guy told me to get the wheel chair and push her myself when I'm not even flying with her???. Maybe Don't offer a service when your staff don't want to do it. Talking and making jokes while the customers talking is the next level of being disrespectful. I'm wondering where they hire their staff from??
Anke L.
Anke L.

Low cost, Low service

I am very dissatisfied with this airline. Running late and overcharging. I booked a 15 kg luggage allowance which checked in at less than 13kg. However my hand luggage was slightly over. Since it is all going the same plane I didn’t see the problem especially since my luggage was in no way oversized! I HAD to pay $75 to be able to board the plane. I am absolutely appalled!
Liz G.
Liz G.3 posts
  Domestic

Be careful when you are in the exit row

Be careful if you are in an exit row because they will get your stuff and put it in a locker in a place that you haven't seen which makes it more likely you will forget where it is and someone else will steal it such as the cleaners. Jetstar offers no compensation for stuff that was left behind, even if it was their staff who put it in an odd place, and quite possibly stole it as well.
Joe I.
Joe I.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Jetstar travel

Flight from Adelaide to Melbourne today.
Travelling with a friend who has MS.
Staff at.desk very accommodating, provided assistance from terminal to aircraft.
Flight Staff were excellent in assisting with arranging a wheelchair on arrival from gate to terminal.
Very compassionate.
Thanks so much

Betty G.
Betty G.

ONE STAR IS OVERRATED

ZERO STAR!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!This airline is undeserving of the one star that they display on their logo. Beware they charge passengers $20 per kilogram for any luggage that is overweight. We are booked in a large group of 17 people and we were charged obscene and inconsistent amounts per person. No chart with the amounts were shown to use prior or during our check-in. We paid as much as $460 per person for luggage charges!!! Our luggage has been through 4 previous flights on this trip alone and it is the only airline to charge us these ridiculous obscene charges. No other airline has charged a penny as none of our luggage has been overweighted. DO NOT USE THIS AIRLINE!!!
Yelten
YeltenSydney, NSW19 posts

Nice domestic travel on Jetstar

Thank you Jetstar for being such a lovely Australian airline thanks for our holiday to cairns , it was wonderful . Luke our air host from Sydney to cairns was fabulous very professional I was impressed also on the return trip from cairns to Sydney, sorry I didn't get their names but the host was fab . I liked the chicken wrap it was nice to eat . Appreciate this airline very easy to deal with straightforward :) cheers again :)
will12
will12BRISBANE46 posts
Sameera G.
Sameera G.South East Queensland, QLD
amanda s.
amanda s.

Poor service

I had forgotten how poor the service was with jet star
We traveled from perth WA to Bali and I have to say the only plus I can give is that the flight was on time going and returning home ! I had booked extra leg room to which we did not get the staff were so rude on both flights ! Do yourself a favour and pay a tad more you will not regret it
Sue N.
Sue N.

A joke

Terrible customer service and extremely unpleasant! Our flight was cancelled and the attitude on the staff was disgusting! Pick another airline company
S J R.
S J R.Sydney, NSW

Cancelled flights obviously

If you like adventure and the unknown, book your flights with Jetstar! You’ll never know if your flight will be cancelled, how much your flight will be delayed by, or if you’ll make it at all. They are truly terrible
Katy
KatyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

Robbery!

The most terrible airline I have ever seen.
Charged me for a seat with extra leg room and put me in a normal seat, in the middle.
When I talked to the stewards, she was incredibly rude and took no responsibility. Totally denied that I have booked the seat with extra leg room. Not even apologetic or try to be nice.
I talked to her supervisor, who did not take any responsibility and said what do you want me to do? All those seats are taken, just go back to your seat!

I really feel that I have been robbed!

Dave H.
Dave H.
Lauren
Lauren2 posts
  Domestic

Jestar...the joke is on you

Still remains the worst airline to ever exist. I got caught out & had to use them to fly from Adelaide to Sydney. Booked at 12pm flight, half hr before boarding there is miraculously a 3hr 15 minute delay. These guys truly are taking the crap. The lie, they're in apologetic, & they take advantage of travelers without any reasonable excuse. Gross representation of a functional airline.

Nikki G.
Nikki G.

Garbage airline

Fly Rex or any other airline over Jetstar if you can help it!
Dumb staff who can’t think their way out of a problem.
ALWAYS delayed or completely cancelled flights (happened so many times to me). Cannot rely on them for anything.
Have to pay for the littlest thing and vultures around your carry on trying to squeeze more money out of you with extra baggage!
Will never fly with them ever again!
niru
niru

Unpleasant

0 or even minus stars. Our experience with Jetstar at Adelaide airport was incredibly disappointing. Despite being a group of six adults, one child, and one elderly person, we were treated disrespectfully by the staff. Their rudeness and unwillingness to listen left us feeling disregarded as passengers. We were shocked to be charged an additional $75 for allegedly overweight luggage without being shown the exact weight or given the opportunity to remove items. To our dismay, even our baby bag and mobile phone bag were weighed. This experience felt unjust and unnecessarily greedy on the part of Jetstar Adelaide. Fair treatment should be extended to all passengers, regardless of nationality.
War
WarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC13 posts
George M.
George M.
  Domestic

Avoid Jetstar at all cost!

I'm a frequent traveller and Jetstar is by far the worst airline I have ever flown with. Even if you offered me a free flight I will never fly with them again!

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Jetstar? Claim your listing.