1.4

7,038 reviews

7% · 5056,399 · 91%
Brand Manager for Jetstar? Claim your listing.

7,038 reviews
Daiana M.
Daiana M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA
Antonia
Antonia

Charged for carry on

Horrible, second time flying with then and they keep taking your money. They allow one carry on which is included in the weight with your “personal item” I purchased the 14kg so I could have more weight but they charged me $80 for extra 2kg in my backpack which in every other airline I have travelled in the world, your personal item does not count as carry on.
Sickened and angry at how this company just takes money from you. Never flying with them again and I hope no one does. HORRIBLE

Live chat

Terrible live chat!
Closes or lose position if screen closes while waiting.
Idiot in chat sent me link, i asked if my chat would close if i went to link, which he said no.
And of course it did!!!
Your a disgrace jetstar!
Charlie
Charlie4 posts

First class service

Speak as you find! From start to finish the service was first class. Melbourne to Goldcoast and return the staff were brilliant. I needed a wheelchair assistance and they even arranged a lift to get me in and out of the plane. An airport taxi was arranged as well.to get across Melbourne airport which is a long hike from the gate to baggage collection. A big Thank you to the flight attendants and staff at Jetstar. On another note which has nothing to do with Jetstar, can people get their heads out of their phones as two people collided with the wheelchair and myself. Not even an apology. Grrrr!
nava h.
nava h.

WORST AIRLINE EVER

If I was able to do 0 star.
They made me feel im in prison and they are checking the prisoners. Forced us make a line to check our bags (even small handbags)Had to pay $75 for extar 500 grams! Ridiculous!!
Rude staff and terrible service.
Spend a little more money and avoid them. Treat you like a sheep!
Stuart N
Stuart N
  Domestic

Bumped from exit row after paying and having confirmed seats

Booked, paid and confirmed exit seat allocation 2 months prior to flight only to be bumped on the online check in 24 hours before. Raised issue with Jetstar staff at the gate and accused of not paying for exit row seat. On landing confirmed exit row seats had been paid for and refund organised. No apology or excuse offered. Clearly they over-sell exit row and probably all seats so not surprising but disappointing and will not fly Jetstar again if suitable alternatives.
Sean D.
Sean D.

Poor - don’t use

Wanted to charge me slightly less than a full price ticket to change the name on existing booking. Being a frequent flyer it’s a ripoff.
GAYE J.
GAYE J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC13 posts
  Domestic

ABYSMAL - DON'T USE THEM!

ABYSMAL!
Rude, obnoxious staff and very poor service (of lack of) dishonest staff - just after your cash - treat customers like sheep
zeekaz
zeekazSydney, NSW26 posts

Very uncomfortable experience

Very budget airline. Uncomfortable seats. Fare does not include anything else, not even a cup of coffee and a biscuit. Expect to pay for everything onboard. I had to pay $5 for a pen to fill in my declare items card. There is also no onboard entertainment. Unless you going on a very short flight, I would not recommend flying with Jetstar. Pay extra and fly with any other airline
Laura W
Laura WAU2 posts
  Domestic

Don't EVER fly with Jetstar, unless you want your holiday souvenirs broken!

Don't fly with Jetstar EVER!! I was originally booked on a Qantas flight from Sydney to Melbourne, however the flight I was on frkm Tokyo to Sydney was delayed, so Qantas put me on the next available, which happened to be a Jetstar flight. Well, Jetstar baggage handlers broke my fragile souvenir item, despite check in staff putting a "fragile" sticker on it before it was loaded onto the plane!! When I raised the complaint with them, they refused to reimburse or replace my item.
Luca B.
Luca B.

worst company in Australia

Worst airline I have ever used. Avoid at any cost. Virgin is slightly more expensive but 100% better.
TASM
TASMGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Jetstar = zero stars

Terrible service. Rude, unhelpful, delighted in inconveniencing customer. Just never fly with these guys!
Brendon S.
Brendon S.

Always delayed!

Delays, delays and more delays. Never have I ever been on time with this airline. The worst airline ever... Never again!
sam
samSydney, NSW69 posts

CAUSED BODILY HARM INFLIGHT

If you love yourself just a little bit, reconsider flying with Jetstar. This is a genuine review with my case number being 28112837 so the airline cannot dispute this review.
Returning from Honolulu to Sydney, the flight attendant slammed the food and drink trolley into my right knee. They did not care one bit. This is how brutal this airline is. The only thing they want is your money. I’m disgusted with their service. I was treated worse than an animal. I treat my cats better.
Regarding the case number, [Name Removed], Head of Customer, Jetstar sent me a “feedback” email. Have you even looked into the damage you caused to my knee?
Braz
BrazBombala2 posts
M U.
M U.South Australia2 posts

Do not fly with them

Flights get cancelled regularly without providing any reason. You don’t get to have any refunds and on top of that the flight crew is extremely rude and doesn’t care at all.

Amiel L.
Amiel L.

Horrible

You know the name Jetstar fits because it only get’s a star.
kookydesigner2
kookydesigner24 posts

Just Awful

One star for getting home alive. Will NEVER fly Jetstar again by choice. The food isn’t food. It’s some kind of garbage that is likely to make a return appearance. The flight to Bali now has no entertainment facility on board. The seats on our long flight don’t recline enough that your head doesn’t flop forward even with a neck support. The staff look like they had a romantic vision of being a flight attendant once upon a time but now the reality of their awful job has set in and they take it out on the passengers. The only time they seem happy is when we get off. Our carry on baggage on return flight was deemed too heavy and charged $82 to check it in. Cattle truck. Awful. Will fly virgin from now on.
Phoebe
Phoebe
Ch M.
Ch M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
  Domestic

worst airline - last minute cancelled flight

Worst airline travel in the world. Cancelled flights last minute. Pls choose another airline
ram n.
ram n.Sydney, NSW

Never!!!

While Flying from Sydney to Seoul and back had to wait on Tarmac for nearly 1.5 hour .....which ultimately delayed other connecting flights...
El King
El KingSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

The worst airline in Australia

If I could rate 0 stars I would. Unfathomably bad customer service. Learn from my mistake and fly ANY other airline.
sirenoftheseasbnb
sirenoftheseasbnb
Megan H.
Megan H.
  International

overnight flight seats don't recline

flights on time and and crew were great, however, flight from hell, Jetstar expect people travel 7 hours overnight in domestic seats which do not recline at all. at least warn people so the know to come prepared to sit at almost 90 degrees the whole night. Never again for me. Shame. loved the cheese toastie.
gclausin56
gclausin563 posts
Mary
MaryMelbourne16 posts

Julia
Julia
  Domestic

THE WORST FLIGHT I TOOK, 1 star is overrated!

I was hit with an extra $75 charge about 3kg overweight (including ur handbag) just before boarding, without any prior notice. The staff were incredibly rude. I won't be flying with Jetstar ever again; it feels like they're taking your money like gangsters.
Lightness
LightnessCanberra 2600, ACT52 posts
Richard P
Richard PPerth, WA9 posts

Very pleasant surprise

My last review of Jetstar could not have been more damning. I am very pleased to say that my most recent experience was surprising and quite brilliant. We flew from Cairns to Tokyo business class unsure of what to expect. The seats (although were not flat beds) were large and comfortable. A glass of bubbles before we took off, nice wine selection and the food choices were very nice. The service was also excellent. After some previous very poor experiences with Jetstar, I can say that I am sold with their international business class and will do it again.
haj
hajNoble Park3 posts

Poop...1

I chosed and paid for 3 seats next to each other's and before the wings, the flight itinerary states otherwise and our seats and scattered.
Please check flight itinerary and before check-in.
Lear
Lear2 posts
  Verified Domestic

An airline that does not care about their customers

Jetstar cancelled my flight and then failed to offer another flight at a similar time. They refused to provide any compensation (a small voucher would have gone a long way to retaining a customer). On my return flight, I had asked if I could be moved to an earlier flight (about an hour earlier) which already had available seats - this being Jetstar, they of course, charged extra for this.

Tldr - Jetstar may be cheaper at the onset compared to other airlines, but they will not look after their customers, and it ends up being the same price as other airlines with trickle down charges. Avoid them.

Manpreet W.
Manpreet W.

Stop flying with Jetstar , they rip off customers

One of the most worst experiences, we were threatened to pay$75 at the gate otherwise said you would not be allowed to board . Just because we had few gram extra if we add my wife purse with carryon luggage. Staff is rude , racist and no respect for customer. Pay some extra dollars but never fly with them that’s only they would learn to respect customer
Sharon
SharonPETERSHAM3 posts
PeteSydney, NSW8 posts
Amarjeet S.
Amarjeet S.

No more jetstar

No more jetstar
Got Charged $75 for 1kg overweight in handbag. And they check at last point so that our next option should be missing that flight..
Nicky W.
Nicky W.Perth, WA

Disappointing

Unreliable. Not transparent. Lack of empathy. Couldn't care less. Last time for us

Jetstar are thieves
Jetstar are thievesSydney, NSW

Double charging

Bag broke at check-in was told the extra 7kgs I had to carry wouldn't be charged at gate because I already paid. Plane was late they charged new again at gate. Horrible airline
Cumi
CumiSydney, NSW10 posts

King of Delay!!!!

King of Delay!!!!!
As always
I thought they are better now
Unfortunately...
Frustrated
Frustrated

Customers don’t matter

An already delayed flight, they finally boarded us and left us sitting on tarmac for 40 minutes (so far) with no explanation.
Fly another
Fly another

Fly elsewhere

We have been flying for so many years , these guys still get everything wrong!
Don't fly jetstar or Qantas same fails everytime different day... every time, time again. Seriously pay more go elsewhere if you need too, it will be worth it.