Jim's Building Inspections

Jim's Building Inspections (page 2 of 31)

Good report in prompt timing

I was in a bit of a rush to meet my cooling-off deadline, David was prompt with a fully detailed report plus a phone call to address all of my questions. Thanks.

Great service!! Recommended!!

Very good service. Very detailed inspection and very competitive price. Very easy to deal with. We are very satisfied with the service, can't get better than what they provided. Recommended to use their service!!

I highly recommend DOMENIC CREA of Jim's Building Inspections

I am very thankful that i got Dom as my building inspector as he is a true Professional, his attention to detail is truly awesome as i have seen in his inspection and recommendations, he is truthful and honest, and a very flexible person who went out of his way even with a short notice to attend to my 2nd and 3rd house inspections. Because of his experience and keen eye for detail, i have saved hundred thousands of dollars and headache from buying a property i shouldn't have. Thanks Jim's Inspections and Domenic for the great work. Keep it up!!!

You definitely want Les doing your Building and Pest Inspection!

Les did the inspection for a house we were looking at purchasing, not only was he prompt, professional, and a great person to deal with, he answered all questions we had and ensured we had a full understanding of the reports. The inspections/report Les does will definitely provide you valuable insight, and will allow you to make a real informed decision on your purchase.

Quick and thorough inspection even if last minute

Richard was very good and thorough even if he was called in the last minute in order to help me make a decision on a house I was looking to put an offer into. He also ensured he made time to answer my queries after the report was presented in order for me to make an informed decision on my offer. Since I am still on the hunt, I will certainly look to use him again as someone trustworthy and very professional with his job.

Very thorough

Domenic was very professional and precise when it came to his building inspection, very thorough and trustworthy, wouldn’t think twice about recommending his services to friends or family. Job well done.

Highly recommended

Job well done my the Dominic to inspect my newly build house to make it good to perfect.
Highly recommended, if you are already investing a lot in your house, this would will assist to achieve a perfect habitat.

Review of Jim’s Building Inspection (Richard Weeks)

Richard was great to work with. He was quick and reliable with the service, and I got the report I needed within 3 business days. He even gave me a courtesy call following the inspection regarding the general state of the property that required inspection prior to the formal report release. Would highly recommend Richard to anyone!

Thorough and knowledgebale

Richard has completed two property reports for us and on each occasion, he has been both thorough and knowledgable. He is very approachable and took the time to discuss the outcome of the report with us in great detail. Richard has extensive knowledge and this has been greatly appreciated.

Great Service

Richard was efficient in attending the matter stated we had him out to the property within 24 hours and then results back within 48 hours. He was super helpful and I would highly recommend.

Thorough job and very helpful

Our building inspection was performed thoroughly and the passion performing was being accommodating to meet our timelines and also very helpful in providing quick feedback and a summary of the critical points

Jim's Building Inspections Port Macquarie NSW

I have been very impressed with the inspections on two properties that Glenn Brown, Jim's Building Inspections (Port Macquarie), has carried out for me. I found Glenn's service to exceed expectations and I won't hesitate to call on Glenn's service again.
I found Glenn very knowledgeable and approachable. Glenn inspections were very thorough and as a retired engineer I found his "forensic" approach, with nothing left to chance, very reassuring. Glenn's reports were very detailed, with plenty of photos and in plain language which was easily understood. I also appreciated the reports detailing areas that could not be inspected (e.g. behind fixed cupboards) along with recommendations and an indication of associated risk. Glenn was also happy to spend any amount of time to discuss his findings and answer any questions I had.
I would not hesitate in recommending Glenn as a thorough and professional inspection service that puts the client's interest first and gives real value for money.

Very professional and friendly service

After Meeting Dominic for Jim’s home inspection. I was fully satisfied and confident moving into my new house. With no housing experience, I Decided to go with him. He looked after every single issue I had with my builder. Very reliable at minimum cost.

Les - Essendon Branch

Les from Jims building in Essendon was exactly what you want. He was affordable, friendly, very professional and made sure I understood everything. As a building company, most likely will be using Jim's services moving forward.

DAVE WATERS - BUILDING INSPECTOR WA

I first heard about Jim’s Building Inspections on a Facebook group that I was following. I had some concerns with the Builder that was building my home so I decided to call Jim’s Building Inspections on the General Telephone Number who then put me in touch with Dave Waters.

Dave rang me straight back after my initial call to the general number and he explained what his services covered and included in his price, and he then told me about his 36 years’ experience within the Building Industry and he seemed very personable and knowledgeable on the phone so I decided to book him in without shopping around.

Dave attended my First Site / Building Inspection on Friday 3rd May 2019 and prior to this I emailed him my concerns to which he kindly acknowledge and responded after his review. I believe that by doing this Dave was going above and beyond without having already met him for the first time. When I met Dave on site, he was fully prepared and had all his tools ready to carry out my Building Inspection and thankfully I had, because Dave identified 60 pages of faults with my Building work (both internal and externally).

Dave advised me on the best course of action following receipt of his report and I felt that he supported me with the issues that I then had to raise with the Builder. Dave was always available by phone to advise and support me over the next 4 weeks before we completed our Final Inspection which took place on Thursday 30th May 2019.

Dave is an Outstanding Building Inspector and having worked in this Industry for over 30 years, I don’t believe that anyone could find a better person to assist them and Dave is of real value for anyone looking to utilise his services. Dave was very firm with the Builder in what he expected them to do to rectify the problems that he identified, and I felt that he was backing me 110% since the first time I spoke and met with him. His knowledge of this Industry is admirable and I would highly recommend Dave and his services to anyone that is looking to build a new home. The only thing that I regret, is not having found Dave at the start of my Building work so that he could have inspected the work from the commencement of my construction and this is what I would recommend others to use Dave and his services for.

Dave was extremely professional, personable, knowledgeable and was a real pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend his services to anyone.

Thanks Dave, you are an absolute Legend !!!

Outstanding Customer Service!

I contacted Jim's services and was assigned to Domenic Crea for a building inspection. Very friendly and professional and quick to book in a date to inspect. Domenic ensured to always keep me updated via text or phone call and on the day of the inspection called me to run over his findings of all areas in detail. He was very honest and thorough, so too was the extremely detailed report provided. Lots of pictures to support his findings. Very satisfied with the level of service. Would highly recommend Domenic

Highly recommend contacting Les to conduct your Building and Methamphetamine testing reports

Les from Jim's Building Inspections Essendon saved us an unfathomable amount of time, money and potential health issues by conducting a Building/Pest Inspection and Methamphetamine testing on a property we were purchasing.
Les is extremely thorough in his work and genuine with his advice. He sent through a detailed report that covered all bases, and took the time out to answer any questions we had over a number of occasions.
He's qualified to run tests on Methamphetamine residue levels within a property, and unfortunately the results on this property were extremely high.
We were then able to make an informed decision to scrap the purchase, despite the house looking perfect to the eye.
Had we not gotten this test, there could've been huge implications on our finances and health, and all of Les' advice was backed up by the independent research I've done on this myself.
No matter how amazing a home looks, I can't stress enough the importance of getting a Building & Pest inspection and a Methamphetamine test done.
We'll definitely be relying on Les again, and will continue to recommend him to our friends.

Professional service

Super efficient and detailed report and referrals to help us make the right decision on our next home. Nick followed up with us and was happy to answer all our questions.

Dominic from Jim's Building Inspections Sunbury - highly professional, honest and thorough

Dominic did our building inspection, and as first home buyers that are new to this process we found him highly professional and thorough. His report is second to none, it provides a detailed analysis of all aspects of the house and areas that we wouldn't even think to look at. Very competitive and price for the work he does as well. I would highly recommend him.

Andrew Skinner from Jim's Building Inspections in Adelaide did a stellar job!

Andrew Skinner provided us with a very thorough & detailed inspection of a property we're looking to purchase soon. Under short notice, he replied very promptly & was highly professional and easily contactable via text & email (this was especially meaningful to me as I'm not always able to pick up phone calls at work). I couldn't recommend him enough! He does a stellar job & provides pragmatic advice along with a very detailed inspection report (within the same day!) with directions & supportive photo-evidence! Thanks so much Andrew!

Do you do inspections at each stage and if so what would an approx price be for a 3 bedroom, 20 square home. Thanks Anna

Hi I am building with one of the major builder and they reassured me that they have their own 3rd party inspectors to check through all the stages of build from checking of materials used as in contract till handover. But of course I would not take their words for it. Especially when there are so many inexperienced tradies around that go for fast job and fast money! Do you do such full stage inspection? How much will it cost and for which stage? Thanks matey!
Hi Elle, I totally agree with you, do not trust what the builder says regardless of the size, they always try to cover their fedects unless it’s too obvious or you bring it up. We did not do a full stage review, we only did a final stage inspection but even so lots of defects were identified, some of which you would never be aware of! It cost us only a couple of hundreds and it’s well worth it. The inspector gave us a very detailed inspection report plus lots of advice on how to deal with the builder which is very useful. Hope my answer helps.Hi Ellen, Z. Chen seems to agree with you, and I have to say, so do we. You want someone in your corner. We can certainly help you out here. In order to provide a quote, I need to get the local consultant to reach out to you directly and discuss your exact needs and offer a tailored solution. If you would like me to do this, you can email us at info@jimsbuildinginspections.com.au and provide the property address (lot number is fine) and your best phone number to catch you on.Hi Ellen, I totally again with Z.Chen. My builder promised my wife and I that he would build our master piece, and just before the build started I said I was getting my own private inspector in and said that I'd have to pay a admin fee to allow the inspector on-site. So that scared us off as that fee wasn't in our budget. We do kick ourselves for not getting every stage done, but we are so glad that we did get the final inspection done as there were so many defects that I didn't even see and I would visit the property every 3rd day. We were ment to be settling this friday but thats no longer happening due to all the problems that were found. I highly recommend that you do get every stage checked yes it may cost some $$$ but don't do the same mistake that I did. Hope this can help

Can you put me intouch with Steve Mcbide Noosa for building inspection?
Hi there Donald. If you'd like to email info@jimsbuildinginspections.com.au with your details (full name, phone, email, address of property) I can have Steve contact you directly.