VIC, SA, WA, etc...

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

• SA

JUST WANT TO RIP PEOPLE OFF DO NOT USE!!!!

Could smell gas so called and was advised a $142 non refundable call out fee is to be paid up front, was told plumber would inspect the leak then give a quote on how much it would cost to fix. This didnt happen, the plumber came in quoted $799 straight away without inspecting anything, took him 5 mins to do the tests and nearly $1,000 later to advise there is no leak and to call if i smell gas in the morning. Disgusting company ripping people off. Avoid them at all costs.

Extortionate charges

$990 plus $130 call out
Making $1120 to repair a copper pipe. 20 minute standard job. More than five times the going rate. I needed it urgently so proceeded. You get brain surgery for less. Will never use these people again and will warn against as actively as I can. Don’t use Jim’s unless you want to be ripped off!

Dobba

Dobba Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

***DO NOT USE***

***WARNING****they are unethical

$3301.90 charged an elderly lady for 4 lights and 2 power points. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour.

Contacted Metropolitan plumbing who use Jim’s plumbing.

Refer to the quote below. Disgusting. Will be taking this further.

PLEASE DO NOT USE

• SA

Over 3 days to do a 1 day job and it leaked.

CharlesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Braiden

Braiden

• QLD

Beware

Toilet wasn’t flushing. Called them service was nice but charged $132 for a call out fee. Plumber from metropolitan came out and checked it. Said it would be 840 to repair. Turned out it was just the lever and I ordered from Bunnings for $6. Installed it myself. Avoid

Daniel G.

Daniel G.South East Queensland, QLD

• QLD

Caution! Check the quoted price

Simple job quoted (in total) ~$1100, we did the math:
Parts: $100
Call-out Fee: $120
Labour: $880
For a 1h job. Based on that hourly rate I have started my plumbing apprenticeship. Needless to say we rejected the job and to their credit (and through this review), they refunded the call-out fee, I'm not out of pocket but I still don't have my hot water fixed. This is a common part that fails every 4-6 years and I can see reviews 5 years ago that the fee was the same, they've been getting away with this for years. Good customer service but I still don't have the hot water fixed.

Property OwnerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

• SA

Clean Drains - I thought they were replumbing the whole house!

We had a blocked drain and apparently a broken plug and waste - our regular plumber was away...The quote was at least 5 times what my plumber would charge for the same job.....Jims was prompt on their service - but the pricing was way overpriced for a simple job....would not recommend!

Property Owner

No Need, we know exactly what needed to be done - and your service people are quoting an ridiculous high price...will not use Jims again.

Property Owner

FYI - whole job done including call out fee for $321.00 - your quote 4 1/2 times more........I think you need to rethink how you try to fleece your customers....

Unbelievably expensive

I called Jim’s plumbing for a sink blockage. It was done with chemical and hand plunger in 5min for the cost of $831. I still can not understand how it is possible for this to be so expensive.

Natasha

Natasha Perth, WA

• WA

Absolute extortionists. Refused to provide a detailed quote.

Ros Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rip off!

Job Satisfaction
Ros

Thanks but I will be raising this to a higher level as I believe your business model is very dubious. It reflects badly on the whole Jim’s group as I’ve had great experiences with other areas but will never use Jim’s plumbing again.

Tatjana C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

What an absolute joke!!

Called Jim’s plumbing for a quote to replace a natural gas bbq. Explained to lady on the phone that all the connections are already there and just needed to connect the new bbq . She advised that she couldn’t give estimate over the phone but that we needed to pay $132 for someone to come out and quote. We accepted as surely the quote would not cost more than the bbq itself. Plumber came and quoted $2,000. If we knew this we would have never paid for the $132. This is pure robbery and we will never use any of Jim’s services again. Would have been nice if we were given a rough estimate and not forced to pay the $132.
Not very happy and will be sure to advise all our family and friends!

Rates and Fees

Update!
Contacted the number as requested and Jim’s Plumbing refunded us the call out fee, thank you.

John

JohnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Evaporative Cooling

Our evaporative cooler was in need of repair. We were not only told it could not be repaired but that it had to be replaced by Braemar as they were best. When asked why, was told better warranty, when asked the difference in warranty was told they didn't know. Quoted $6995 for a new unit Braemar LCQ550 installed. When I told him the unit can be purchased for $2300 he said I need to factor in installation. When I told him $4600 for installation was very excessive as no new ducts needed installed he quickly ended the conversation and hung up. Another example of Jim's taking advantage of consumers.

Rates and Fees
Mark Rizz

Mark RizzMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolute Joke!

happyvegimitee

happyvegimiteeMelbourne

3 times the price of other plumbers

My hot water stopped working on a Sunday, so we thought we'd go for a big company like Jims. We paid a $132 call out fee, and the system was looked at for 3 minutes before we were told, the system needed replacing. I was then quoted $4580 for the job, with no pipework alteration or valve replacement. Had 3 other quotes all came to $1400- 1580 and all with certificate of compliance and workmanship warranty and no call out fees. We went with the quote that could do it the next day. I wont call Jims ever again and I hope my review saves others from having their time wasted.

Oh dear....

Called out the plumber for a toilet cistern since I had a malfunctioning inlet valve following the replacement of a seal. I was told the call out fee was $132 and fixing costs might be on top. The guy came but barely reviewed the problem agreeing I needed a new inlet valve - he quoted $890!!!!

I politely sent him packing.

I have since had the job done by RACV for $80.

Philip P.
Philip P.

Received a refund from a friendly customer service guy. Matter resolved to my satisfaction.

CherylPerth, WA

• WA

Ripped Off! - dubious marketing techniques

Had to pay a call out fee of $132 over the phone and was told Plumber would assess the situation and give me a quote when he arrived. Plumber arrived and said any service was a fixed price of $699 'set by the office' I was in a vulnerable position as my sewerage drains were blocked from the neighbours tree roots and had no choice but to go ahead. Felt ripped off in the end after paying $831 for a service that should have cost about $275 (the price I paid the previous year but that plumber was on holidays).

Cheryl

To resolve the situation you need to not take advantage of people in vulnerable/emergency situations, charge a reasonable and fairs price and refund the excessive charges.

Jono W.

Jono W.Perth, WA

Not Recommended

They take a call out fee prior to arriving as it is likely they will put you off proceeding with the work with their terrible service that I have experienced.

They refuse to put quotes in writing, they have no phone contact for Perth, they dismiss all your concerns through a call centre where some staff have attitude. It's really bad.

If you want a good service, reasonable priced company this is not it.

Extremely expensive $500 per hour labour

Jim’s came out to check on a water leak. After paying $130 callout fee which does not go toward repair cost, we were quoted $990 to repair a small leak in a copper water pipe plus a $660 “investigation fee” which we were able to waive. The job took 2 hours max which works out to about $500 per hour labour and $10 in parts. More than a specialist physician might charge. Insane they are getting away with these prices!! To add more insult they would not warranty the repair as our water pressure was over 500kpa and offered to put in a pressure regulator for $770, something most water companies swill do for free.