VIC, SA, WA, etc...

Stunned!!

T and K

T and K

• SA

Very expensive and disappointing experience

• QLD

Ask the right questions!

We had jims plumbing attend as we had no hot water. They were prompt to arrive. Was very informative about our tank and was happy to give us a quote to replace it. Having done our research we knew the price was exorbitant. I had to ask clarifying questions on time frames to find out it wouldnt be in the same day. He said he would email us a quote with a possible cheaper system and we are still waiting. We went somewhere else for the same tank for half the price.

DavidT

DavidTMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

• SA

$590 to service a set of taps, that's really premium service!

Kiwitrains

KiwitrainsPerth, WA

Ripped off

I paid $1682 to supply and fit two basin taps as there was a leak, and fit a new valve unit in the toilet system.
You are going to say why did you agree to the price and I know I shouldn’t have and must have had a brain malfunction but he was there, I have asked for a invoice but nothing yet.
Received a invoice with breakdown asked for a partial refund because they charged $450/hour and received an agreed one, a lot happier now.

Unimpressed Roger

Unimpressed RogerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

What a rip off

check out their website where they state they don't charge premiums for out of hours. We were on vacation and the house-sitter called due to a leaking pipe in the ceiling. I have an easy access ladder through the manhole and lighting in the roof. A plastic pipe (tube actually) for the water supply to the fridge sprung a leak. the plumber was on-site for no more than 2 hours, replaced the tube, removed wet insulation and tested the water pressure. the bill was $900, that's $450/hr. that's a ripoff in anyone's language

• WA

Extortionate pricing for leaking tap

James E was on time, tidy, quoted clearly and did a solid job! I will never use a Jims service again however due to above market pricing. I did not expect to pay $622 (incl. call out fee) to stop a leaking bathroom basin tap. Plumbers have since asked to see the quote to try get a better understanding of what was actually charged for. I trusted the Jims brand and feel disappointed by this.

David GrahamMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

• SA

Left me feeling angry at dodgy practices!

PEGSMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Weekend rates the same?

Small familyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

• VIC

Good service however cost is excessive

The service was good however the excessive price did not stack up for me. $2,850 for a new and installed 135L Hot Water Service. The unit quoted was not delivered and instead a Dux unit that can be purchased from Bunnings for $901. I feel this is excessive considering it took less than 4 hours. It is difficult to shop around when you are desperate for a solution and I think this may be utilised as part of their process. I was hoping for a fair go and have now learned that Jim's Plumbing is probably not the best solution to achieve that nice balance between service and price. I recommend shopping around if you are in need for a new Hot water service.

Stephen P

Stephen PGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

• VIC

great work, pity about the prices that amount to extortion

This was a simple hot water service swap out. Very prompt service and very quick to provide a fixed quote. Completed job quickly and in a professional manner. The price on the other hand was way too high. When all said and done the hourly rate worked out at over $600 per hour.

Daniel

Daniel

Plumber good, Jim bad

Customer ServiceJim’s Plumbing

Hi Daniel, could you please provide the job number this relates to and your best contact number. Regards Jim's Plumbing

Daylight Robbery

Called the Jim's Plumbing telephone number and told $73 call out fee and $45 per 15 minutes rate to change the washer in the tap. Shortly before coming telephone call to say plumber is coming in a pink van. Pink van was 'Female Choice' and Plumber told me he was part of Jim's Plumbing and showed me the price list. Changing the washer was priced at $390 and the whole set for $420 according to the price list. Because of my ignorance I got ripped off by paying three times the plumbing rate. Will always check reviews from now on.

N.TGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

• VIC

Expensive, not fixing the problem

IBE

IBEPerth, WA

Expensive

Was here for 55 minutes to fix a blocked underground pipe. Used the machine to try and unblock it. Managed to clear the back up but said we must have a broken pipe. Charged $488 for less than an hours work. $81 call out fee even though it was during the week during working hours. Have since seen other plumbing companies charging $250 to use the same machine. Overpriced.

Customer ServiceJim’s Plumbing

Hi IBE, We would love to chat with you in regards to your experience, please provide us with your job number so we can locate you on our system. Regards, Jim's Plumbing

Plumbing

[name removed] was friendly and polite and very prompt--came out within an hour. However, the total cost seemed exorbitantly high--replaced the kitchen tap and the hot water system relief valve--total time approx 1hr for labour and charged $980. Before leaving, he put a 5 star review in using my phone on my behalf (I've now updated it). I probably wouldn't use Jim's plumbing again I future.

Soto

SotoMelbourne

Waste of time

Guppie

GuppieWA, 6062

Expensive and poor service

We used Jim's plumbing to install a new gas oven.

2 star since they provided the service quickly, but I believed I paid an excess amount and never received the proof of using a certified installer.

When the trades man started the work, I asked if a flexible hose could be used to make the job a lot shorter, which he said could not be done. After several hours of bending pipe and fiddling around, he ended up using a flexible hose anyway. The whole job cost $943 to just connect the gas to the oven!!!

To make things worse, I never received the certificate of compliance. I have followed this up with Jim's, but I am still waiting.

Can not recommend!

Customer ServiceJim’s Plumbing

Please contact Jim's Plumbing on 1300 068 480 so we can discuss further. Customer Service Manager Jim's Plumbing 632557

Great response time

Hot Water Service fault call made approx 9am. The receptionist was very helpful and said they would have someone on site by 10.30am. - and they did. However, I was a little confused when the van arrived tagged as "Metropolitan Plumbing"
Nevertheless, the problem was quickly identified (faulty thermostat) and fixed/replaced.
I would certainly use Jim's Plumbing again.
Rob W.

Review collected in partnership with Jim’s Plumbing

• WA

Feel I have been ripped off....

A leaking tape ended up costing almost $300 for a 17 minutes job ! $76 call out fee (the plumber told me he was 5 mins away)
$46 every 15 mins, charged $106 for a set of tapes worth $30 and $6 per washer. Had to argue as the 2 mins of the second quarter were costing me $46. Rude and arrogant I will never use this company again.

Customer ServiceJim’s Plumbing

We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your recent service, Customer Satisfaction is very important to us please could you call our Customer Service Manager to discuss on 1300 133 509, thank you.