Jim's Pool Care

Jim's Pool Care

4.9

Jims pool care, Pool clean / maintenance and about pool equipment

Called Jim's Belmont for some help asked if he could come around and explain to me what did what (pumps etc) and why I wasn't getting pressure honestly I don't no much but this guy didn't no just as much as me if not less had no idea about what did what no idea about self cleaner asking me why is there 2 pumps etc at the end of it, tried to charge me to fix something that wasn't broken and I was over it by that stage and just said it's ok just go I'll work it out, for $110 a hr I expected a lot more. Found another guy came out clean the pool explained everything to me how it works for $70 for everything. 100% I recommend you don't call jims pool services Belmont.

Philo

PhiloMelbourne

Bad Service

I now engaged two Jim's Pool Care to service our pool and whilst they did a good job they have both let me down badly.
    One went away on an extended overseas trip and left me with no replacement or back up and no communication....he just didn't show up and when I called I found him in Germany!
    I then had to organised a replacement contractor who turned up cleaned our pool and promised to come on a regular basis. I haven't heard from him since and my calls & emails have gone unanswered.
    I say this is pretty poor service

Gabiasked

do I still need to check the chlorine & P.H. level myself? or is it enough to leave it to our pool man to check monthly?

John
    John

Hi Gabi,
    If you have a regular service, there wouldn't usually be a need to check the chemistry yourself. The exception would be if there were specific reasons to check, like heavy rainfall, especially if there was run-off from the garden. For your info, there are several other tests that should be carried out during a routine service in addition to chlorine and pH. The basic test should include Chlorine, pH, CNA (or Stabiliser), Total Alkalinity. Additional tests could include Calcium, Copper, Phosphates, as well as salt levels and TDS (Total Dissolved Solids).

Hope this as been helpful.

Regards,