JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Questions & Answers (page 2 of 3)

Max Strength, Normal Strength
Brand Manager for JoBaz Hair Dye Remover? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

58 questions from our users

Georgie C.
Georgie C.asked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I have recently had my hair highlighted but the base colour has gone really dark really black. Will the colour remover affect the bleach?

Carpi
Carpiasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

Hi, once your activate the two bottles, how long will the colour remover last? Do you have to use it up straight away?

Heather M
Heather Masked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

Is it better to have washed or unwashed hair before starting the application?

Casey Jayne
Casey Jayneasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

Hiya, I have got my hair died a dark brown but because my natural was very light she had to but an orange base under, but the finish look is way too dark for my liking, if I was to use this product would it go a lighter brown or orange?

Suzi J.
Suzi J.

Probably a lighter orange, as to get to the lightest colour you want it has to go back through the artificial colour range and red is always in the mix. You could put a toner over the second treatment and that would help soften the brassy look. I'd wait for a while before you start on the second colour reduction so you don't fry your hair

Leah c
Leah casked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I have natural mousy brown hair and I've dyed it various colours from ash blonde to dark brown and now currently it is about 2 shades darker then my natural colour but with a lot of ginger tones will this take the ginger out as well or make me a full ginger?

Sarah

I found that after removing a colour a few shades darker than my natural colour (med brown) I was left with a ginger colour, which I believe can happen with this product. It is perfectly safe to re colour hair straight after colour removal. I found that my hair went back to normal after that.

Teejai

Hi Leah, the ginger is a result of bleached hair. It's a chemilally lightened version of your natural colour. The colour remover can only remove colour that has been deposited into the hair shaft (inside cuticle). If you use the remover, you might get a mix of natural, ginger, blonde and some coloured hair if the outer hair shaft is stained. It is still a good idea to use colour remover before doing a new colour or bleaching as the result will be more predictable and even. Just make sure to do a good, deep conditioning treatment after so your hair is healthy and ready for your next new look

Teejai

Sarah is correct, you can dye hair straight after using the remover. I wouldn't reccomend it though, it depends how healthy your hair is. If your hair is naturally fine, frizzy or its dry/damaged, I would definitely give your hair a few days/week rest, where you give it lots of conditioning masks and treatments. Argan oil, olaplex, conditioner treatments (those ones in the tub) are a lifesaver. The healthier your hair is prior to dying or bleaching, the better the result and the better it will hold colour. All the best xx

Renee T
Renee Tasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

Hi there am I aloud to order and pay with my visa debit?

Maddy M
Maddy Masked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

my natural hair colour is a light brown and i’ve previously dyed it a lot but the colour before i dyed it red was blonde and i’m trying be to go back. if i were to put this in my hair will it the take the red out and take away the blonde aswell?

Meg N
Meg N

It would most likely take you back to as close as it can get to the blonde as it always grabs on to the lighter colours to get rid of the darker pigments

Ange L
Ange L

If you have a red colour on your hair (as I did) you will most likely end up with a warm blonde colour after. Red hair dye is quite strong and during the 40 minutes it's processing, lightens your natural colour before the red pigment soaks in. I would say you'll be fine using this product. Just make sure that the colour you apply after is no darker that a 9 (very light blonde) & only leave it on a few minutes

Teejai

The remover can't remove blonde, blonde is like a 'lack of pigment'. The remover may not get you completely back to blonde, but it will remove all the pigment (red) that is inside the hair shaft. If the red has stained the outside of the cuticle, you might have to do a bleach bath or a 20 volume bleach to remove it. *hot tip* after shampooing, cover your hair in argan oil before bleaching. It protects the hair and doesn't affect the bleaching proccess.

Maxpeel1
Maxpeel1asked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

Do I start on wet or dry hair?

Sarah

Put on to dry hair if you want to remove colour fully..you can put it on wet hair if you want to just subtly remove colour

Teejai

On dry hair. I shampooed with clarifying/deep clean shampoo and skipped the conditioner, blow-dried hair, then did the treatment. *** If your hair is damaged, condition after clarifying shampoo, it might be a bit harsh otherwise. Aparently it still works on dirty/unwashed hair too, I've just always washed and dried my hair before doing it.

Penni
Penniasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I currently have blonde highlights. I have just been to the hairdresser and she added some bright (too bright) copper coloured slices. Will the colour remover only take away the copper? Will I just go back to my bleached highlights? Any help would be fantastic

Teejai

The remover takes away colour that is inside the hair cuticle, if there is staining on the outside it won't remove that part. It will definitely remove some of it / tone it down, it may take a few times to get your hair back to blonde. Still best to use this before removing the stain/tinge with a bleach bath (if there is stain/tinge left over). Give your hair a good deep condition between treatments, and no more than 3 treatments close together.

Georgia
Georgiaasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

Do you need to wash you hair before hand or nah??

Letka
Letka

Teejai

Don't have to, but I did, worked fine

Toni K
Toni Kasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

Im naturally blonde but about a year ago i went a silver, to grey, to then a purple and then a dark burgundy colour! And about a 2 months ago i dyed my hair black and im regretting it so much ive seen alot of videos on this stuff but the reviews on this are so mixed.. will this work to strip the black as i have only dyed it black once? Will it just bring my hair back to a reddy coppery look?

Louise
Louise

I'm guessing the red coppery look. I'm basing that on my grandaughters natural blonde hair results and how it worked on my hair that is almost naturally white in parts...didn't really strip all the colour off. Think hairdressers may have more tricks up their sleeves so you are best going to them now. I don't know if multiple applications would do it but it may damage your hair and it would become quite expensive. Sorry I couldn't be of more help and good luck!

carol.g
carol.gasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I have dyed black hair grey roots coming in will this remove the dye & what colour will it go?

tina
tina

orange most likely.

Susanne B
Susanne Basked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I stripped dark brown from my hair result it turned blonde I want to go dark ash blonde afterwards when I did it it turned brown have I done something wrong?

Kimberley S
Kimberley S

Same has happened here...

Sharn.Masked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I dyed my hair purple but now it's faded to a light maroon colour so just wondering if I use a colour remover will it make my hair go an orange colour my natural hair colour is medium brown, can anyone help?

missymoo11
missymoo11

I used plum/purple on dark blonde hair (god knows why) used dye remover, & yes it removed all purple but left my hair bright, almost on fire orange/copper...now using lemon juice/bi-carb/conditioner mix & it is slowly fading to light blondie orange. I also use purple shampoo. If you use colour remover, everytime you wash your hair for weeks after will be like a straw broom. I use 1/2 a tub of treatment (I have really long hair) everytime I wash or I cannot comb my hair due to colour remover still coming out, after 3 week & many washes. Wish I would have went to hairdresser, would have saved all this drama! Good luck!

Sharn.M

Omg, okay thank you so much for your help, I honesty really appreciate it!!!!!! I now know what to do thanks again!

Rellasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

How can I get the smell out of my hair and linen after 5 days I'm physically sick from this rotten rotten smell

Kaitlin

It's awful, mine smelt for about 3 days I had to wash it with a shampoo that was flavoured (apple) I then dried it and straightened so it took the smell out, I did this for 3 days and the smells gone. Hope I could help

Loren Stepkowski
Loren Stepkowski

omg the smell it horrendous - we have tried EVERTHING to get rid and nothing works.....horrible horrible product

Rell

I'm worried it may never go ??? I am so over this ....

Gayle Wheeldon
Gayle Wheeldonasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

Hi my hair is quite long now and naturally grey. I have been dying it brown to dark brown the past couple of years. What effect would this product have on my hair? I'd like to see it back to grey then maybe put a lighter colour on if I dont like the grey.

Kaitlin

You'd probably have to use it a few times before you went back to your natural colour as there's years of colour build up of a dark colour

Michelle L
Michelle L

Hi Gayle, how did you go going grey, I have been colouring grey hair dark for years and would love to hear your experience

susu
susuasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

i have had a black hair color before using this product so after usinf the hair colour remover i applied on my hair a light brown permanent color but it became out as a dark brown why is that?

Tam
Tam

Ask a professional?

JoR
JoR

On the instructions for the dye remover,they say that your hair could become porous after treatment and so will grab permanent colour.This causes the colour to come out darker than anticipated.You should wait for several weeks before applying permanent colour to allow the hair to stabilise.A semi permanent colour is gentler to use while waiting for your hair to stabilise again.

Jodie
Jodieasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I tried to remove about a years worth of semi permanent red to my bleached blonde hair, I am naturally light brown,. I am now orange, what can I do?

Asha
Asha

You will need to bleach the rest out.

Lisa
Lisaasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Normal Strength

I have mousy roots with a lot of grey coming through on previously highlighted hair which has been ombré dyed for about half a year. I want to take this to my natural / highlight to then go to hair dressers for lighter highlights to work with my grey. Do I then use a toner after to combat a brassiness in the blonde bleaching that is left?

ap74
ap74

The product will take your hair to its lightest colour, either natural or previously bleached. If your hair tends to be warm you will probably be brassy but I wouldn't use toner. I'd organise an appointment with your hairdresser soon after as they would be best placed to advise you on colour, but keep in mind that the instructions recommend using only a semi permanent colour for a few weeks to avoid damaging your hair.

Loulou390
Loulou390asked

Has any one tried the Colour remover on Bleached Hair and does it work

eva
eva

Noting can remove bleach from hair, but it may work on colors put over bleach. After hair has been bleached there is no way back.

Other Hair Dyes