JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Questions & Answers (page 3 of 3)

Max Strength, Normal Strength
Brand Manager for JoBaz Hair Dye Remover? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

58 questions from our users

Anaasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

Just done my hair . Its still wet bit fingers crossed it works . How long does this smell last my head literally smells like Rotorua? :O

eva
eva

Maybe 2-3 washes until it was gone for me

Ana

The smell has gone but it didn't even work on my hair :O

Zara M
Zara Masked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I have just dyed my hair permanent red brown twice 2 weeks ago(hair was dyed blonde so had to fill it first), now I don't like it. I have faded my hair a little by washing my hair a lot but the area near my roots are still bright :( will this colour remover remove the permanent red dye, and take me back to a light ish colour so I can dye it back to nice medium blonde?? (My hair is naturally medium brown). Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Asha
Asha

Yes it should work, just follow the instructions exactly. I would recommend using the max strength.

Vee
Veeasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I'm going grey and naturally have dark brown hair with a tendency towards reddish highlights. I have dyed it darker brown (than natural) for well over two years now but want to lighten it closer to natural so I can ease into my grey hair (maybe going brown ash colour over time). Will this product make my hair brassy red?

Khloekovolenko
Khloekovolenko

I doubt it as the product removes dye and your base colour is light brown. it cant make your hair a colour its never been or been between.

My hair' d been darkburgundyred over mediumbrown over bleach blonde ( all swharzkoff dyes). All of the mixed dyes where probably residual for me as the was just so much dye in my hair. The final colour was auburn after jo baz. Like a light brown/ strawberry blonde but no one could call my hair orange. ' d like to add a photo of before and after if i can work out how.

It will probably be brassy for a while as you lighten it when its natural again. Most people use purple shampoo for that and add more and more highlights over time to minimize damage. I think you may even need a grey colour added after you go blonde.

janineasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

My daughter bought some max strength yesterday and did absolutely nothing to her hair. She has wasted $30 bucks! !?? She has bleached hair but wanted to go back to natural . She wants to know if you can help thanks.

Lisa

Bleach removes the pigment from hair - you can't remove bleach because it's not a colour. Colour remover only removes hair colour tint by shrinking and washing away pigment particles. Once you bleach your hair you have removed your natural hair colour - you can only tint over it and wait for it to grow out - you can't unbleach it.

Lisa

No worries! I only know this because when I bleached my hair as a teen and got sick of it I also thought I could remove it, but then when I understood that blonde hair is actually hair with no colour pigment left, I was like oh dear!

Paris
Parisasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Normal Strength

My hair was purple and I've just used the Jobaz colour remover as I want to dye my hair a light brown but it's turned my hair blue and I don't think my hair is going to go light (dark hair doesn't suit me). I now have no money as I've just used my last pennies to get the remover and hair dye! Is there any way I can fix this? I need help quick!!!

Kezwald1
Kezwald1

Hi, purple will always go blue. Blue is extremely difficult to get out and any hair colour remover isn't designed to get out crazy colours. I've tried vit c tablets with shampoo that can help to get the blue lighter but may take many attempts of leaving it in for 2 hours +

Anon
Anon

I did the same to get bright pink out (rookie mistake on my part but jeez it made me laugh!), it's not intended for temp colours. You've probably already found some kind of solution by now however for anyone in future having the same problem try anti-dandruff with bi-carb. It works a treat but does strip your hair of all moisture.

DMAasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

Just dyed my hair way too blond (highlights). Will JoBaz Hair Dye Remover strip the blond and can I use it straight away?

Nat
Nat

I think it may lighten the blonde but what are you planning on doing once its stripped? Are you planning on putting a semi over the top?

DMA

Actually, rather than do any more shocking DIY work, I went to the hairdresser! Lesson learned - there are some services it's just worth paying for!! :)

julialoki

You can't actually stip blonde hair as blond is the product of stripping hair of the exiting colour

james84
james84asked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

My hair is quite grey and after colouring for years I would like to become wholly grey as I am now 78 and I would like to stop having to use dyes. Will JoBaz work for me? Jean

Ai a.

It should work! But you may need to use it a few times as dark or red eyes are quite difficult to remove. Good luck!

CKr
CKr

No no no - don't use COLOURLESS MAX EFFECT hair colour remover if you've been using dark permanent hair colours - it has potential to change your hair colour a permanent ORANGE / YELLOW.

My natural hair is dark cool brown. It's long, and I've been colouring it dark warm brown for over 20 years. I used to colour it all but due to the treatment being too damaging when repeated, in recent years I've only been colouring the roots.

Grey has been there for quite a while and in the last six months has gone full grey around the face - and I loved the new silver hair - it is a really shiny bright lovely silver, so I decided to grow the colour out around 6 months ago. So far so good.

Then I saw the hair colour remover Colourless on the grocery shelf stating that it removes black, brown, red and build up (permanent & semi permanent). I was excited with the prospect of speeding up the process and going back to my new natural colour of dark cool brown and silver. I was led to believe it would be as simple as what was stated on and in the box.

BUT my coloured hair went orange - and 5 boxes later it is still orange and yellow. I no longer expect more boxes of remover to remove any more of the orange or yellow. The colour looks dreadful.

My crown is dark cool brown peppered with silver grey for about 15cm. The rest is orange, yellow and brassy warm brown. It is a circus of colours.

The Colourless box and instructions says nothing about the potential for this to happen, which is why I used so many boxes. I followed all their instructions but maybe there were too many layers and I needed to do it again, right? No. It went a little lighter after each application, but always shades of orange/yellow.

So I emailed Revolution Beauty (Medichem) - they put it back on me, asking if I'd done a strip test first. If they had warned that I could end up with orange/yellow hair, then of course I would have done a strip test!

I trusted that because there was no such warning and I'd never had a skin reaction to any hair colour that it was safe to proceed.

To fix it, they suggested covering my hair with a new ASH colour - but I don't want to be ASH coloured - I want my natural colour, as promised on the box, including my new shiny silver grey.

The suggestion to put ASH over the top is to me, a clear admission that the new ORANGE / YELLOW colour cannot be removed any further and is permanent.

If not, they would have instead advised me to keep going and use more boxes.

I can't afford to go to the hairdresser and get blonde foils to help blend the colours, and I don't know what else I can do to fix it without putting a new colour (ASH) over it, which I don't want.

So I'm here not because I found a fix, but to WARN OTHERS.

You should not have to go through what I'm going through.

WARNING - using COLOURLESS MAX EFFECT hair colour remover may well send your hair colour a permanent ORANGE / YELLOW.

Those who make, distribute, sell and endorse COLOURLESS MAX EFFECT do not warn you this may happen, and when things go wrong, do not accept responsibility or help you to fix it to your satisfaction.

Miss M
Miss Masked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

Can you bleach your hair after using the colour remover to get rid of the brassy gold?

Ai a.

The box suggest you can use a temporary or semi permanent rinse, but no mention of bleach. I would give my hair a rest and a deep conditioning treatment before bleaching. Even though jo baz doesn't use ammonia or bleach, it still takes a toll on your hair which is why it's a good idea to give it a little break!

TAS
TASasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

Is it really necessary to use the Buffer bottle C? It looks like it darkens my hair. I like the colour before applying the buffer.

Mel83
Mel83

You definitely need to do the entire process, otherwise your hair will revert back to the colour you were trying to remove with 2-3 days

Shanniya
Shanniyaasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

My natural hair is a golden blonde. I have dyed it about 4-5 times through the years going medium brown. I want to know if this product will be able to take away the brown and leave me with blonde? Or will it leave patches?

CJ22
CJ22

It shouldnt be patchy but you may not end up with the desired colour, it may come out darker blonde than you are wanting or may come out orange/ strawberry blonde.

Mindy
Mindy

I can only speak from my own experience and my natural colour is a light/medium brown, but mine wasn't patchy at all. I followed the directions very precisely though so make sure you do that and you should be fine

Sally P
Sally Pasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

Today I dyed my hair with permanent dye for the first time. I naturally have kind of light brown - dark blonde hair and, because the dye was the wrong shade, I was left with a very dark brown colour. Will this product make my hair return close-ish to my natural colour? I've read that if you dyed your hair darker it can return it to its natural shade but some people said it make their hair orange.

Cirice
Cirice

If you've only dyed it once or twice, absolutely (or at least it should). The only issue is, unless you want your completely original colour, you can't tell what colour your hair will be. Unlike a bleach, where you can see your hair lightening, this product makes the expanded hair colour molecules shrink. You usually can't see what colour your hair will be until you've finished buffering. I'd recommend only using half the box (if your hair is short enough) and saving the rest (don't mix it yet!) in case it isn't as light as you'd like.

julialoki

Ppl who's hair turns yellow have most likely gone from natural blond to a tied black. When you reverse that process it can leave the hair orange

Mdetasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

Used Scott Cornwell stripper then Cornwell remover for years of unwanted red, still have some red/orange on lengths. Will this product works for me? Want to go back to natural colour grey.

Morgan

Honestly, I don't know. Personally I would count on it though as my hair has been several shades of brown and red before using the product. For me, it stripped the darker tones and left the dyed parts with a light strawberry blonde for the first 2 days which eventually faded to a reddish brown leaving my roots untouched. As you've used strippers before now, if it was recently that you used them then I wouldn't as using too many would make your hair fall out. I don't know about other strippers but this one left my hair feeling brittle and hay like. Hope this helps and hope you get back to your natural colour soon.

Mdet

Thank you for reply I've decided to have my hair cut fairly short and let colour grow out

Sunny
Sunnyasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

How quick can you use the second lot of hair dye remover? Do you have to wait a certain amount of time before doing a second lot?
Thank you!

TalithaB
TalithaB

I used the first box on day 1, second on day 3 & third on day 3 one after the other - I couldn't afford the $90 on day 1 otherwise I would've! No worries hope it goes well for you I'm blonde now! :)

Mandy
Mandyasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

Ive been dyeing my hair black for years, will this change my hair back to my normal light to medium brown hair?
I don't want orange hair.

Morgan

As you're going from black hair, I think that the product may work for you. You will not get your natural hair back, it just won't happen but you could get close. I went from reddish brown and it went strawberry blonde and then back to the same reddish brown but as you are starting with black then it could work. I would ask a hairdresser first just for advice on what to do.

amandaarr
amandaarrasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

My hair has orange/ brassy at the moment from bleaching very dark brown streaks (natural colour is a light brown/dark blonde but I generally have very light blonde hair from dying). Will using colour remove get rid of this or even just make it lighter? what colour will i be left with?

Morgan

I wouldn't use the product as from my experience it strips the hair to an orange based brown colour. I used the product 2 months ago and my hair hasn't been touched since and I have been left with the same colour I started with. Hope this helps.

Haeley
Haeleyasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

What do I do if my hair turns out blue??

Sarah R
Sarah R

I would suggest you go and visit a hairdresser. The only issue I had with this product was it made my hair a little brassy. If your hair has had a strange reaction and turned blue you should go see a professional to make sure there hasn't been any long lasting damage.

Toniasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Normal Strength

My friend dyed her hair for the very first time about a month ago and now she wants it removed and back to natural. Will it go back to her natural colour or will it go like brassy blonde or orange?

Teagan c
Teagan c

Mine went orange like but I had heaps of colour. Best thing is leave it and let it grow out

Toni

Sorry I should have added that she is natural brown and went red.

Charlie M
Charlie M

Hi Toni, If your friend does not have a huge amount of buildup then there will be very little brassy tone under the revealed colour. It is likely to be a slightly lighter shade of her original natural colour. Red dyes use an amount of bleach to lighten the hair and so this will remain after the dye is removed. In this case I would say your friend will go back to a colour very close to the natural colour :)

Qwerty
Qwertyasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

Will it change my dark brown, almost black hair back to my natural light blonde hair?

Morgan

It depends how much build up you have in your hair. I had 6 years of build up and left my hair very brassy. If there is not a lot of colour build up then it should work fine.

Other Hair Dyes