Max Strength, Normal Strength
See the Best Hair Dyes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for JoBaz Hair Dye Remover? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Works effectively

• Non-harmful ingredients

Cons

• Unpleasant smell

• A lot of rinsing is required to work properly

2.6

Worked on removing red hair

I had bright red hair which I had for about a year, topped up in between permanent colour with a semi to keep vibrancy. It striped my hair to the base orange but is extremely strong smelling (rotten egg) even after 5 washes so far so be warmed. I will leave it 2 days before bleaching the orange tone out with Olia bleach then recolour with a toner to ash blonde (well that’s the plan)

Did not break my hair, when wet it feels clumpy and dry it feels fine.

It did burn my scalp so if you have a sensitive scalp I wouldn’t recommend it. Four stars due to the burning scalp.

Purchased in August 2021.

Prior Hair Colour Red
Dyed Hair Colour As advertised
Side effects Yes
Stains ClothesNo

Do not buy this product!!!

Purchased in July 2021.

Prior Hair Colour Blonde
Dyed Hair Colour Completely different colour
Hair Damage Yes

Other Hair Dyes

Worked but not properly

I used this brand on my purple hair and it removed the purple but my hair is now blue/green at the bottom. I don’t know how this happened but it did. I don’t recommend using it

Purchased in April 2020 for $7.42.

Prior Hair Colour Blonde
Dyed Hair Colour Completely different colour
Longevity Less than a day
Side effects Yes

Fantastic results

Purchased in September 2019 at Semichem for $4.99.

Prior Hair Colour Brown
Dyed Hair Colour As advertised
Side effects No
Hair Dyes

Find out how JoBaz Hair Dye Remover compares to other Hair Dyes

Steer clear, just awful.

Ive been dying my hair since my teens, using numerous products over the years. I saw this in savers UK, it was the cheapest there and was within my budget. Fast forward after application, looked like it worked (I go bright ginger). After rinsing it went back to dark brown/black! All it's done is made my hair smell and wasted my money. Now got to purchase a more pricey one that actually works!

Purchased in April 2019.

Prior Hair Colour Black
Dyed Hair Colour Dye had no effect
Side effects No
Stains ClothesNo

tracy n.
tracy n.asked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

Will this product remove grey/silver hair colour from blond hair?

Jessica A.
Jessica A.asked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I dyed my hair an auburn red colour however when I used the Jobazz Max strength the colour didn’t come out at all?! It was a semi permanent L’Oréal hair dye. Someone help

Sam
Samasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I used the max strength and it took me to ginger. I then applied a copper ginger hair colour and my hair went back to dark almost black hair???

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover questions

Features:

Realise you made a mistake and want to get back to your normal shade without dishing out on salon prices? There is now an affordable DIY solution.

Permanent hair dyes work by expanding artificial dye molecules in the shaft of your hair so they can’t be washed out. JoBaz’s hair dye remover contains a formula that reverses this process and shrinks them so that they can be washed out.

The maximum strength edition works in 60 minutes and the normal strength product works in 30 minutes. Simply combine the activator (part A) and remover (part B), massage the product into your hair for the required time and then rinse off to remove the hair dye.

What reviewers thought:

Many reviews have claimed that the product worked very well for them, lifting previous dye jobs with ease.

A point of contention among the reviewers was the smell of the product which can be overpowering and unpleasant. Another key issue is that if the rinsing is not done properly and rigorously enough, the dye molecules will not be washed out and will expand again, therefore, putting the dye back in the hair.

Compare both JoBaz Hair Dye Remover