JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover (page 3 of 6)

Max Strength, Normal Strength

3.6

Physically sick from smell its left in my hair

My hair absolutely stinks so bad 5 days after using this I am shocked to say the least its day 5 and my hair still reeks so bad I'm scared I'm going to have to shave it off this should not be allowed its a disgrace ive never had a smell that just won't leave and the smell is gut wrenching seriously I have thrown up from smelling this my partner will not sleep in our bed and my pillows and linen now smells not good enough what can I do

Wasnt too bad, not the best though

I have been dyeing my hair black for a few months now and wanted a change so I thought I'd try remove the colour I bought this after reading reviews, I followed all instructions and the end result wasn't the best, my roots are quite red and ginger and the rest of my hair is still black, I may have to use it again but the first try disappointed me

MelD

MelDSydney

Turned my hair ginger!

This product did not return my hair to its natural colour as claimed, turned my hair completely ginger and dried it out. Had to re-dye it after using. Would not recommend this product.

jauneoiseau

jauneoiseauSydney

Ruined my hair

Months after using this chemical I have lost a lot of hair and it as caused significant damage and breakage. DO NOT USE. My hair is terrible now. I wish I'd just kept the colour it was as at least it wasn't damaged.

Jess

Jess

Does exactly what it says it does!

I have been dying my hair with packet permanent black hair dye for over a year.
I used this product once and it removed all the black from my hair.
It is important to do your research before using this product as, like in my case, it may not return your hair back to its natural colour - it may come up as a brassy red-brown colour. This isn't because if this product, it's because the hair dye used previously removed some of your natural colour pigment in order to be able to fit the synthetic colour into the hair follicle.
I used a semi-permanent colour similar to my natural dark brown colour straight afterwards and my hair is soft and shiny :)

Tam

TamMelbourne

Did nothing but left me with awful smelling hair

I saw the most minimal change in my hair colour which should have had a big change, as there was a fair bit of colour build up, it left me with possibly one shade lighter hair, if even that, for the almost hour this thing takes to do I was hoping for more. AND THIS SMELL! WHEN WILL IT LEAVE. Yuck. Awful. Would not use again.

JoR

JoRSydney Surrounds, NSW

Smell is lasting for days!

This product worked well and I am happy with the result but the smell is dreadful and still in my hair 5 days later even after daily shampooing.My hair ended up like straw but that is to be expected after using these types of products on a mature person's hair.

Supermarket only had Max Strength.

Worked kinda for half an hour..

My natural hair colour is an orange blonde, I have been dying it dark brown/almost black for a while now, stripped it the first time bought out the roots and made the rest a medium dark brown, did it again, the roots went natural about 10cm down and the rest was reddy brown with dark brown highlights, but after half an hour it went a darker colour after doing a bleach wash to try lighten to ends more.. We read previous reviews and rinsed and rinsed and scrubbed the buffer right in, don't understand what happened, very disappointed, my hair also felt like straw after washing out the buffer, so had to condition to brush through it or it was just a tangled dry mess.
Would recommend spending the extra at a hair salon.

Find out how JoBaz Hair Dye Remover compares to other Hair Dyes

Did not do what I expected

I thought my own color would be the end result , instead I am now a ginger orangutan colour , should be brown .i had dark red in before , followed instructions to the letter .

Brilliant

So i have long permed hair which the salon had coloured red however the colour had faded and looked bad . So i picked up a brown hair colour which when finished looked black omg disaster. I had bought this as a stand by and after reading reviews i thought il try a strand , 12 mins and it was already almost my natural colour Strawberry blonde . So on it all went ,wrapped a bin bag lol round my head and a towel and waited 30 mins .
My hairs is soft and the curls are better than before but the colour has taken it back to my natural colour and the dark brown and the original red is gone .
Brilliant couldnt be more happy

Loz

LozMelbourne

Wow

My hair was a bright, unnatural red purple colour. I have long hair and thought I'd need 2 packs but one was fine. I let it develop for 1 hour with foil and a towel over my head. It smells awful like scrambled eggs with a balsamic bleach reduction... Mmmm yum. I rinsed for 10 mins and thought I'd see red all over my shower like a crime scene but there was no colour anywhere and more importantly none in my hair!
Once dried it's a lovely even strawberry blonde colour and I love it, I didn't need to colour it again! I still can't figure out where the red went, it vanished and I still smell like I'm wearing omelette cologne.
Highly recommend!

Bee

BeeAuckland

Not bad, it did what I wanted

I bought this after being tired of regrowth from permanent dyes and wished to return to using wash-out dyes. My hair is naturally auburn and dyed a darker red. We only had the max strength so I bought that one. It definitely returned my hair to its original colour, albeit from when I was four and strawberry blonde! No biggy since that is technically my natural colour and had faded over the years. I would definitely recommend this but perhaps would use the regular strength next time, should the shops have it.

Update: My hair went back to its natural colour after a few weeks.

Answer to Bimbo666

Although dye remover breaks down the colour you have to thoroughly shampoo straight after rinsing it out. Shampoo and shampoo again, otherwise any colour left in the strand will oxidise and become dark again: and maybe in your hair that takes a couple of days.

ap74

ap74AU

Does what it says.

Find out how JoBaz Hair Dye Remover compares to other Hair Dyes

so glad I came across this!

My hair was a medium brown with random red patches and when I used this product it went to a caramel brown which looked amazing! Didn't dry out my hair either!

literally so bad

used it on hair that i has dyed once, and it left me totally ginger, it was terrible. plus hair felt like straw afterward. had to go to the hairdresser immediately

It worked instantly!

It worked instantly !! As I was putting it through my hair I could see the red fading. It completely removed all the unwanted colour and luckily I had my blonde hair back.

Would use again for sure! It did smell like rotten eggs but who cares

jessicatherese88

jessicatherese88Illawarra, NSW

Awesome results!!

The results after 1 use were so much better than I expected. I went from a dark red to strawberry blonde.
The smell wasn't pleasant but it did the job and my hair still feels healthy afterwards!

Khloekovolenko

KhloekovolenkoMelbourne

i had great results removing red hair dye

Background: my hair was bleach blonde. I coloured it brown to darken it and went through purple , magenta and red over the brown for about 6-12 months.

It didnt smell good but jo baz got my hair from burgandyred to a light auburn brown and it was so soft and in such good condition afterwards.

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover reviews