Max Strength, Normal Strength

Pros

• Works effectively

• Non-harmful ingredients

Cons

• Unpleasant smell

• A lot of rinsing is required to work properly

• Dyed Hair Colour
  • Hair Damage Yes (0) · No (1)
  • Side effects Yes (0) · No (1)
  • Stains ClothesYes (0) · No (1)

Steer clear, just awful.

Ive been dying my hair since my teens, using numerous products over the years. I saw this in savers UK, it was the cheapest there and was within my budget. Fast forward after application, looked like it worked (I go bright ginger). After rinsing it went back to dark brown/black! All it's done is made my hair smell and wasted my money. Now got to purchase a more pricey one that actually works!

Purchased in April 2019.

Turned hair grey

I bleached my hair few weeks ago put a dark blonde on used this to get rid of the dark blonde went up stairs with yellow hair as the remover had worked used half the buffer and the colour of the buffer was a grey colour and now my hair is that colour so it’s redyed my hair I’m not impressed I followed the instructions this is my first time using it as I normally use the wella colour remover I won’t be using this again. I now have to go to shops and start all over again not happy at all

Too smelly

My hair was dyed burgundy colour & I wanted to grow it out. I had about 4 ins silver root growth & looked ridiculous. In a bid to hurry things along I purchased this product. My hair went a horrible rusty colour, one could say "my own fault!! ok but the smell from the product is horrendous. It's like the old fashioned perming solution, ammonia & after 5 weeks & a brutal cut it still stinks!!!!

Lozza
Lozza

Find out how JoBaz Hair Dye Remover compares to other Hair Dyes

Beautiful hair half head broken

Gosh I'm hating my hair going to take years to get my broken pieces back to shoulder length looks like a mullet
I'm trying to just be patient but so unfair feeling like this I want my hair back

Jacky

JackyU.K.

Left With An Odour To Die For!!!

Didn't work, but far worse it's been 10 weeks now and the worst odour ever is still hanging around, I used enjoy showering but ever time you get you hair wet the worst ever smell joins you.

Physically sick from smell its left in my hair

My hair absolutely stinks so bad 5 days after using this I am shocked to say the least its day 5 and my hair still reeks so bad I'm scared I'm going to have to shave it off this should not be allowed its a disgrace ive never had a smell that just won't leave and the smell is gut wrenching seriously I have thrown up from smelling this my partner will not sleep in our bed and my pillows and linen now smells not good enough what can I do

jauneoiseau

jauneoiseauSydney

Ruined my hair

Months after using this chemical I have lost a lot of hair and it as caused significant damage and breakage. DO NOT USE. My hair is terrible now. I wish I'd just kept the colour it was as at least it wasn't damaged.

Worked kinda for half an hour..

My natural hair colour is an orange blonde, I have been dying it dark brown/almost black for a while now, stripped it the first time bought out the roots and made the rest a medium dark brown, did it again, the roots went natural about 10cm down and the rest was reddy brown with dark brown highlights, but after half an hour it went a darker colour after doing a bleach wash to try lighten to ends more.. We read previous reviews and rinsed and rinsed and scrubbed the buffer right in, don't understand what happened, very disappointed, my hair also felt like straw after washing out the buffer, so had to condition to brush through it or it was just a tangled dry mess.
Would recommend spending the extra at a hair salon.

literally so bad

used it on hair that i has dyed once, and it left me totally ginger, it was terrible. plus hair felt like straw afterward. had to go to the hairdresser immediately

Results don't last!

I've tried this product several times (because it's the only one my local store sells) and every time it unevenly lightens my hair by only 1 shade and it gradually returns back dark within a few days! I give up, I won't be buying this product again.

MY HAIR WENT BLUE

Didn't work!!

I purchased two packets of colour remover in max strength and neither of them worked! All it did was make my hair dry... Wasted $60 and 2 hours of my time for nothing, thanks.

Seems to react to different people's hair in different ways

This product seems to work very differently for different people (looking at these reviews).
I personally didn't have a good experience with it.
I made sure I didn't everything as the instructions said but it barely lifted any colour.
More than a week later, my hair is still waxy, impossible to wash (due to waxy feel and clumping when wet) and smells of bad eggs.
When i straighten my hair now, it smells disgusting and makes a squeaky sound because of the consistency of my hair now. :(

Hair went back to dark after using

Total waste of time and money. After using the dye remover, my hair was slightly lighter. I've been dying it chocolate brown over blonde since Feb, so not too much colour build up. Used it according to directions, rinsing and buffered for about double the recommended time, yet as soon as put honey blonde colour in hair and rinsing, it went straight back to the dark colour. $45 ($30 for stripper & 15 on new colour) and 3 hours wasted.

This is honestly the worst product I have ever used.

Was absolutely horrible, did nothing to my hair at all apart from make it dry and brittle when my hair was just getting healthy and growing. The colour I had in was purple fudge and has no ammonia or peroxide at all and all it did was literally make my hair blue when it was already fading to blue never again and definitely not worth the money I paid. I honestly could've got a bleach and would've had a better out come. My hair would be the same as it is now only There would be an actual difference in the colour but there is literally no difference what so ever. Definitely wouldn't recommend

crazy colour

My hair is naturally brown. Ive bleached it to an orangey blonde and then put bright red and more recently pink rinses in for a vivid colour. I tried the remover today to get back to the original blonde and my hair went dark purple! I tried it on a blonde extension that had also had a pink semi on it and it went dark blue! Im really not sure now whether to try it again or whether i have to try and bleach it? Be warned that you may not get the result you expect. On a positive note, my hair is in good condition after the treatment. Unfortunately it really really smells though.

Not great

Left me with unwanted green hair

I had purple hair which was stubborn to remove so I used this and followed the instructions only now to be left with green hair.. Not happy! My natural hair is blonde and I needed it back to blonde today. Now I'm not sure what to do

Bleedin Holiday

Bleedin Holidaykikia

Turned hair copper

followed instruction rinsed for the correct amount of time horrible smell and left hair feeling like glass when my hair was dry it was a copper colour and very dried and damaged not a good product at all

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover reviews

Jessica A.

Jessica A.asked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I dyed my hair an auburn red colour however when I used the Jobazz Max strength the colour didn’t come out at all?! It was a semi permanent L’Oréal hair dye. Someone help

Sam

Samasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I used the max strength and it took me to ginger. I then applied a copper ginger hair colour and my hair went back to dark almost black hair???

Loz

Lozasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I used hair colour remover as I had purple hair now it’s gone a copper colour can I use it again to get to my natural colour?

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover questions

Features:

Realise you made a mistake and want to get back to your normal shade without dishing out on salon prices? There is now an affordable DIY solution.

Permanent hair dyes work by expanding artificial dye molecules in the shaft of your hair so they can’t be washed out. JoBaz’s hair dye remover contains a formula that reverses this process and shrinks them so that they can be washed out.

The maximum strength edition works in 60 minutes and the normal strength product works in 30 minutes. Simply combine the activator (part A) and remover (part B), massage the product into your hair for the required time and then rinse off to remove the hair dye.

What reviewers thought:

Many reviews have claimed that the product worked very well for them, lifting previous dye jobs with ease.

A point of contention among the reviewers was the smell of the product which can be overpowering and unpleasant. Another key issue is that if the rinsing is not done properly and rigorously enough, the dye molecules will not be washed out and will expand again, therefore, putting the dye back in the hair.

Compare both JoBaz Hair Dye Remover