Max Strength, Normal Strength

Pros

• Works effectively

• Non-harmful ingredients

Cons

• Unpleasant smell

• A lot of rinsing is required to work properly

Beware if you have asthma

The minute I started to put this on my hair I had a bad asthma attack from the fumes it gives off. Take care using it if you gave any kind of respiratory disorder.

Purchased in September 2020.

Ease of Application

Worked but not properly

I used this brand on my purple hair and it removed the purple but my hair is now blue/green at the bottom. I don’t know how this happened but it did. I don’t recommend using it

Purchased in April 2020 for $7.42.

Ease of Application
L2018

L2018Sunderland

Didn’t work

I have used colour before a few times over the years and have always had amazing results however last night I decided to remove my black dye again having last dyed my hair black about 3 months ago and used the same dye I always use. I left the colour before on for 60 mins and did all the correct washing stages, when rinsing my hair no colour could be seen leaving my hair usually I see the water rinsing a different colour. My hair is literally still black no colour left my hair at all. Is it possible it’s out of date and didn’t work for this reason? I am a little upset as I now have to go out and buy another in the attempt to lift it again

Hair Dyes

Find out how JoBaz Hair Dye Remover compares to other Hair Dyes

Leah

Leah

My brown hair is now orange!

Followed instructions, my hair is now a light orange. I will admit my hair colour is months old. I didn’t want to dye it again, I wanted my natural colour back, the same as the two cms of regrowth I have. Well what a waste of money, cos it’s not stripped the colour it just turned it orange, and obviously that’s a different colour to my light brown regrowth!

pretty annoyed.

I have been dying my hair black now for about three years- long time - so I decided I wanted a change. My mum went out and bought me this. I followed all the instructions and even left it on for an an hour. My roots and front have lifted to a cooper ginger, and the bottoms of my hair are still black. Not to mention my hair feels like straw, which I'm very dissapointed about.

Maybe, I need to apply it a few more times?

MelD

MelDSydney

Turned my hair ginger!

This product did not return my hair to its natural colour as claimed, turned my hair completely ginger and dried it out. Had to re-dye it after using. Would not recommend this product.

Tam

TamMelbourne

Did nothing but left me with awful smelling hair

I saw the most minimal change in my hair colour which should have had a big change, as there was a fair bit of colour build up, it left me with possibly one shade lighter hair, if even that, for the almost hour this thing takes to do I was hoping for more. AND THIS SMELL! WHEN WILL IT LEAVE. Yuck. Awful. Would not use again.

Product isn't as good as you'd think!.

Didn't even remove temporary rinse!

I have naturally auburn hair and I died my hair with a mahogany colour that only last 8 washes. I hated the colour immediately and wanted to go back so the day after colouring I used this (following instructions exactly) and barely noticed a change. If it can't remove a temporary rinse how could it remove permanent colour..? It was a waste of time and dried my hair out!

Hair Dyes

Find out how JoBaz Hair Dye Remover compares to other Hair Dyes

Shelly R

Shelly RCobar nsw

Never again

Hair went orange brassy colour and I rarely dye my hair , now scared it will fall out because of how dry and brittle my hair is after use! And the smell!! OMG!! Stinks!!!

Did not meet my expectations. AT ALL!

So, after weeks of research and doubt in whether or not this product would lift my coloured chocolate dark brown hair to a lighter shade, I finally did it last night. I have left my natural colour grow out for a few months, so I had a goal to reach. I didn't care if he product made it go bright orange, as was expected, so long as it could be toned to my colour. I followed all of the steps to a T and even rinsed for double the time, and it did nothing. My ends are still as they were. Everything but near the crown of my head is. This could be colour build up, but it didn't lighten it at all. I know this has worked for others, but be wary. What a waste of money!
The struggle to natural colour is still underway... :(

Great at the start but not happy days later

I have very dark very coloured hair. I followed instructions to the t. I could see within minutes my ends were very light which was great just before the rinse off I ran my fingers thru and could see a great brassy light ginger colour all over. Half way thru rinsing it got darker (somehow).
Once all done I was happy with the lighter brown colour that was the result. However as the hours go by it gets darker and darker (how is this happening) now it's a dark red ish brown almost like the treatment is reversing. I wish I could get my $37 back as I'm not happy with the colour change.

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover reviews

Jessica A.

Jessica A.asked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I dyed my hair an auburn red colour however when I used the Jobazz Max strength the colour didn’t come out at all?! It was a semi permanent L’Oréal hair dye. Someone help

Sam

Samasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I used the max strength and it took me to ginger. I then applied a copper ginger hair colour and my hair went back to dark almost black hair???

Loz

Lozasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I used hair colour remover as I had purple hair now it’s gone a copper colour can I use it again to get to my natural colour?

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover questions

Features:

Realise you made a mistake and want to get back to your normal shade without dishing out on salon prices? There is now an affordable DIY solution.

Permanent hair dyes work by expanding artificial dye molecules in the shaft of your hair so they can’t be washed out. JoBaz’s hair dye remover contains a formula that reverses this process and shrinks them so that they can be washed out.

The maximum strength edition works in 60 minutes and the normal strength product works in 30 minutes. Simply combine the activator (part A) and remover (part B), massage the product into your hair for the required time and then rinse off to remove the hair dye.

What reviewers thought:

Many reviews have claimed that the product worked very well for them, lifting previous dye jobs with ease.

A point of contention among the reviewers was the smell of the product which can be overpowering and unpleasant. Another key issue is that if the rinsing is not done properly and rigorously enough, the dye molecules will not be washed out and will expand again, therefore, putting the dye back in the hair.

Compare both JoBaz Hair Dye Remover