JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

Max Strength, Normal Strength (See All)
See the Best Hair Dyes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for JoBaz Hair Dye Remover? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

Works effectively
Non-harmful ingredients

Cons

Unpleasant smell
A lot of rinsing is required to work properly

Dani H.
Dani H.

Really good but…

Although I was happy with the results I wasn’t at all happy or comfortable with the process. The product had a strange consistency and it didn’t smell too good. I’ll still use it again but I’ll stay away from people

Marian M.
Marian M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Total Waste

This is a horrible product. Please don’t waste your money and time on this product. It does nothing except damages your hair and when you try to contact their customer service, they are as hopeless as their products.

Purchased in at Priceline for $21.

• Ease of Application

Worked on removing red hair

I had bright red hair which I had for about a year, topped up in between permanent colour with a semi to keep vibrancy. It striped my hair to the base orange but is extremely strong smelling (rotten egg) even after 5 washes so far so be warmed. I will leave it 2 days before bleaching the orange tone out with Olia bleach then recolour with a toner to ash blonde (well that’s the plan)

Did not break my hair, when wet it feels clumpy and dry it feels fine.

It did burn my scalp so if you have a sensitive scalp I wouldn’t recommend it. Four stars due to the burning scalp.

• Ease of Application

Do not buy this product!!!

Find out how JoBaz Hair Dye Remover compares to other Hair Dyes

Beware if you have asthma

The minute I started to put this on my hair I had a bad asthma attack from the fumes it gives off. Take care using it if you gave any kind of respiratory disorder.

Worked but not properly

I used this brand on my purple hair and it removed the purple but my hair is now blue/green at the bottom. I don’t know how this happened but it did. I don’t recommend using it

Purchased in for $7.42.

Steer clear, just awful.

Ive been dying my hair since my teens, using numerous products over the years. I saw this in savers UK, it was the cheapest there and was within my budget. Fast forward after application, looked like it worked (I go bright ginger). After rinsing it went back to dark brown/black! All it's done is made my hair smell and wasted my money. Now got to purchase a more pricey one that actually works!

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
L2018
L2018Sunderland

Didn’t work

I have used colour before a few times over the years and have always had amazing results however last night I decided to remove my black dye again having last dyed my hair black about 3 months ago and used the same dye I always use. I left the colour before on for 60 mins and did all the correct washing stages, when rinsing my hair no colour could be seen leaving my hair usually I see the water rinsing a different colour. My hair is literally still black no colour left my hair at all. Is it possible it’s out of date and didn’t work for this reason? I am a little upset as I now have to go out and buy another in the attempt to lift it again

Turned hair grey

I bleached my hair few weeks ago put a dark blonde on used this to get rid of the dark blonde went up stairs with yellow hair as the remover had worked used half the buffer and the colour of the buffer was a grey colour and now my hair is that colour so it’s redyed my hair I’m not impressed I followed the instructions this is my first time using it as I normally use the wella colour remover I won’t be using this again. I now have to go to shops and start all over again not happy at all

Teejai
TeejaiVictoria

Removes dye from inside the hair cuticle

Pros: Removes colour that is in the hair cuticle, doesn't fry hair like bleach does, can do at home, fast, cheap.
Cons: doesn't remove staining on the outside of hair (no good for manic panic), drying on hair so need to put a conditioning mask on after, smells really really bad.
The smell is so bad, it made me ill/nauseous. Felt sick for about an hour afterwards, but it did remove permanent hair colour so it's ok.

Meg N
Meg NPlymouth

PLEASED!!

After trial and error with MANY hair colour strippers over the years this is by far the best I've ever used, I was a really dark brown with red on top, and this took me to a light browny/ natural ginger and I love it. Would absolutely recommend, just have to follow instructions properly!

Too smelly

My hair was dyed burgundy colour & I wanted to grow it out. I had about 4 ins silver root growth & looked ridiculous. In a bid to hurry things along I purchased this product. My hair went a horrible rusty colour, one could say "my own fault!! ok but the smell from the product is horrendous. It's like the old fashioned perming solution, ammonia & after 5 weeks & a brutal cut it still stinks!!!!

Lozza
Lozza

Leah
Leah

My brown hair is now orange!

Followed instructions, my hair is now a light orange. I will admit my hair colour is months old. I didn’t want to dye it again, I wanted my natural colour back, the same as the two cms of regrowth I have. Well what a waste of money, cos it’s not stripped the colour it just turned it orange, and obviously that’s a different colour to my light brown regrowth!

Beautiful hair half head broken

Gosh I'm hating my hair going to take years to get my broken pieces back to shoulder length looks like a mullet
I'm trying to just be patient but so unfair feeling like this I want my hair back

Jacky
JackyU.K.

Left With An Odour To Die For!!!

Didn't work, but far worse it's been 10 weeks now and the worst odour ever is still hanging around, I used enjoy showering but ever time you get you hair wet the worst ever smell joins you.

Stacey C.
Stacey C.asked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I've put jobaz hair dye remover on my hair and don't c any change is it when u rinse it out u c the changes.?

Caitlin
Caitlinasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

how long do i have to wait to use permanent red dye after stripping black box dye? it’s gonna go orange and i need to dye it for school i don’t want orange hair lol

tracy n.
tracy n.asked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

Will this product remove grey/silver hair colour from blond hair?

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover questions

Features:

Realise you made a mistake and want to get back to your normal shade without dishing out on salon prices? There is now an affordable DIY solution.

Permanent hair dyes work by expanding artificial dye molecules in the shaft of your hair so they can’t be washed out. JoBaz’s hair dye remover contains a formula that reverses this process and shrinks them so that they can be washed out.

The maximum strength edition works in 60 minutes and the normal strength product works in 30 minutes. Simply combine the activator (part A) and remover (part B), massage the product into your hair for the required time and then rinse off to remove the hair dye.

What reviewers thought:

Many reviews have claimed that the product worked very well for them, lifting previous dye jobs with ease.

A point of contention among the reviewers was the smell of the product which can be overpowering and unpleasant. Another key issue is that if the rinsing is not done properly and rigorously enough, the dye molecules will not be washed out and will expand again, therefore, putting the dye back in the hair.

Compare both JoBaz Hair Dye Remover