JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover (page 2 of 2)

Max Strength, Normal Strength
See the Best Hair Dyes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for JoBaz Hair Dye Remover? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Works effectively

• Non-harmful ingredients

Cons

• Unpleasant smell

• A lot of rinsing is required to work properly

Did not do what I expected

I thought my own color would be the end result , instead I am now a ginger orangutan colour , should be brown .i had dark red in before , followed instructions to the letter .

literally so bad

used it on hair that i has dyed once, and it left me totally ginger, it was terrible. plus hair felt like straw afterward. had to go to the hairdresser immediately

Results don't last!

I've tried this product several times (because it's the only one my local store sells) and every time it unevenly lightens my hair by only 1 shade and it gradually returns back dark within a few days! I give up, I won't be buying this product again.

jayaus
jayausSydney Surrounds, NSW

ginger

I'm Asian, 60 and have grey hair. For the past year I have been dying it dark red...now I wanted a change and used the Max strength Jo Baz.
1. had an asthma attack...I'm ok took 6 puffs and antihistamine.
2. left the product on for 45 not 30 minutes...worried the product wouldn't work (after reading reviews)
3. now have ginger hair, and that wasn't my original colour....it's ok though, I covered it with a mid brown colour.
4. I can't use this product again, it was "killing" me

Find out how JoBaz Hair Dye Remover compares to other Hair Dyes

Leaves your hair stinking of eggs!! Rotten ones!

This is OK as far as stripping colour from your hair, I'm happy with the results. Although I had previously used a Scott Cornwall one (which I prefer). I thought I'd try this...
I stink!! And I did it days ago! How can I get rid of this awful smell???

MY HAIR WENT BLUE

Product isn't as good as you'd think!.

How to use box dye to colour your hair at home like a pro

If your regular cut and colour appointment is on hold, or if you just want to change up your look while saving some money, we’ve got a handy little guide to help you dye your own hair at home to make your hairdresser proud.

Clara V.
Clara V.17 Aug 2021
how-to-use-box-dye-to-colour-your-hair-at-home-like-a-pro

Didn't work!!

I purchased two packets of colour remover in max strength and neither of them worked! All it did was make my hair dry... Wasted $60 and 2 hours of my time for nothing, thanks.

Other Hair Dyes

Only works on some dyes.

I paid a whopping $30 for one box (on my thick but only shoulder length hair).

I dyed my hair wine red December last year with semi-permanent dye, but in February started to dye it black again (roughly once every month) with both semi-permanent and permanent dyes.

Cons: Smells like the chemicals in a public toilet.
Takes over 50 minutes. Took me roughly 5 minutes to apply the dye. 30 to let it work it's magic. 5 to rinse out. 1 minute buffer, another 5 minute rinse. Repeat the buffer and rinse.
Makes hair very dry.

Pros: Removed all the black.

In the end, I was left with the semi-permanent red colour from last year. Still unsure whether or not I'll purchase again.

Find out how JoBaz Hair Dye Remover compares to other Hair Dyes

Seems to react to different people's hair in different ways

This product seems to work very differently for different people (looking at these reviews).
I personally didn't have a good experience with it.
I made sure I didn't everything as the instructions said but it barely lifted any colour.
More than a week later, my hair is still waxy, impossible to wash (due to waxy feel and clumping when wet) and smells of bad eggs.
When i straighten my hair now, it smells disgusting and makes a squeaky sound because of the consistency of my hair now. :(

Kellyisanangel
KellyisanangelSouth Australia

Hair went back to dark after using

Total waste of time and money. After using the dye remover, my hair was slightly lighter. I've been dying it chocolate brown over blonde since Feb, so not too much colour build up. Used it according to directions, rinsing and buffered for about double the recommended time, yet as soon as put honey blonde colour in hair and rinsing, it went straight back to the dark colour. $45 ($30 for stripper & 15 on new colour) and 3 hours wasted.

Other Hair Dyes

This is honestly the worst product I have ever used.

Was absolutely horrible, did nothing to my hair at all apart from make it dry and brittle when my hair was just getting healthy and growing. The colour I had in was purple fudge and has no ammonia or peroxide at all and all it did was literally make my hair blue when it was already fading to blue never again and definitely not worth the money I paid. I honestly could've got a bleach and would've had a better out come. My hair would be the same as it is now only There would be an actual difference in the colour but there is literally no difference what so ever. Definitely wouldn't recommend

crazy colour

My hair is naturally brown. Ive bleached it to an orangey blonde and then put bright red and more recently pink rinses in for a vivid colour. I tried the remover today to get back to the original blonde and my hair went dark purple! I tried it on a blonde extension that had also had a pink semi on it and it went dark blue! Im really not sure now whether to try it again or whether i have to try and bleach it? Be warned that you may not get the result you expect. On a positive note, my hair is in good condition after the treatment. Unfortunately it really really smells though.

Not great

Didn't even remove temporary rinse!

I have naturally auburn hair and I died my hair with a mahogany colour that only last 8 washes. I hated the colour immediately and wanted to go back so the day after colouring I used this (following instructions exactly) and barely noticed a change. If it can't remove a temporary rinse how could it remove permanent colour..? It was a waste of time and dried my hair out!

Shelly R
Shelly RCobar nsw

Never again

Hair went orange brassy colour and I rarely dye my hair , now scared it will fall out because of how dry and brittle my hair is after use! And the smell!! OMG!! Stinks!!!

Did not meet my expectations. AT ALL!

So, after weeks of research and doubt in whether or not this product would lift my coloured chocolate dark brown hair to a lighter shade, I finally did it last night. I have left my natural colour grow out for a few months, so I had a goal to reach. I didn't care if he product made it go bright orange, as was expected, so long as it could be toned to my colour. I followed all of the steps to a T and even rinsed for double the time, and it did nothing. My ends are still as they were. Everything but near the crown of my head is. This could be colour build up, but it didn't lighten it at all. I know this has worked for others, but be wary. What a waste of money!
The struggle to natural colour is still underway... :(

Great but my hair changed back :(

I loved this product but after a few days my hair went back to a dark colour. It was like I had never used the product. My hair was red/brown then when I used it, it went orange/blonde and I was happy but now it is dark brown again :(( i can't understand why. Was thinking of doing it again in about a week. But I'm also using a cleansing shampoo to lighten the colour. I was using the shampoo before I put this product in

Left me with unwanted green hair

I had purple hair which was stubborn to remove so I used this and followed the instructions only now to be left with green hair.. Not happy! My natural hair is blonde and I needed it back to blonde today. Now I'm not sure what to do

Great at the start but not happy days later

I have very dark very coloured hair. I followed instructions to the t. I could see within minutes my ends were very light which was great just before the rinse off I ran my fingers thru and could see a great brassy light ginger colour all over. Half way thru rinsing it got darker (somehow).
Once all done I was happy with the lighter brown colour that was the result. However as the hours go by it gets darker and darker (how is this happening) now it's a dark red ish brown almost like the treatment is reversing. I wish I could get my $37 back as I'm not happy with the colour change.

Bleedin Holiday
Bleedin Holidaykikia

Turned hair copper

followed instruction rinsed for the correct amount of time horrible smell and left hair feeling like glass when my hair was dry it was a copper colour and very dried and damaged not a good product at all