Max Strength, Normal Strength

Pros

• Works effectively

• Non-harmful ingredients

Cons

• Unpleasant smell

• A lot of rinsing is required to work properly

Beware if you have asthma

The minute I started to put this on my hair I had a bad asthma attack from the fumes it gives off. Take care using it if you gave any kind of respiratory disorder.

Purchased in September 2020.

Ease of Application

Worked but not properly

I used this brand on my purple hair and it removed the purple but my hair is now blue/green at the bottom. I don’t know how this happened but it did. I don’t recommend using it

Purchased in April 2020 for $7.42.

Ease of Application
L2018

L2018Sunderland

Didn’t work

I have used colour before a few times over the years and have always had amazing results however last night I decided to remove my black dye again having last dyed my hair black about 3 months ago and used the same dye I always use. I left the colour before on for 60 mins and did all the correct washing stages, when rinsing my hair no colour could be seen leaving my hair usually I see the water rinsing a different colour. My hair is literally still black no colour left my hair at all. Is it possible it’s out of date and didn’t work for this reason? I am a little upset as I now have to go out and buy another in the attempt to lift it again

Teejai

TeejaiVictoria

Removes dye from inside the hair cuticle

Pros: Removes colour that is in the hair cuticle, doesn't fry hair like bleach does, can do at home, fast, cheap.
Cons: doesn't remove staining on the outside of hair (no good for manic panic), drying on hair so need to put a conditioning mask on after, smells really really bad.
The smell is so bad, it made me ill/nauseous. Felt sick for about an hour afterwards, but it did remove permanent hair colour so it's ok.

Meg N

Meg NPlymouth

PLEASED!!

After trial and error with MANY hair colour strippers over the years this is by far the best I've ever used, I was a really dark brown with red on top, and this took me to a light browny/ natural ginger and I love it. Would absolutely recommend, just have to follow instructions properly!

Leah

Leah

My brown hair is now orange!

Followed instructions, my hair is now a light orange. I will admit my hair colour is months old. I didn’t want to dye it again, I wanted my natural colour back, the same as the two cms of regrowth I have. Well what a waste of money, cos it’s not stripped the colour it just turned it orange, and obviously that’s a different colour to my light brown regrowth!

pretty annoyed.

I have been dying my hair black now for about three years- long time - so I decided I wanted a change. My mum went out and bought me this. I followed all the instructions and even left it on for an an hour. My roots and front have lifted to a cooper ginger, and the bottoms of my hair are still black. Not to mention my hair feels like straw, which I'm very dissapointed about.

Maybe, I need to apply it a few more times?

MelD

MelDSydney

Turned my hair ginger!

This product did not return my hair to its natural colour as claimed, turned my hair completely ginger and dried it out. Had to re-dye it after using. Would not recommend this product.

Tam

TamMelbourne

Did nothing but left me with awful smelling hair

I saw the most minimal change in my hair colour which should have had a big change, as there was a fair bit of colour build up, it left me with possibly one shade lighter hair, if even that, for the almost hour this thing takes to do I was hoping for more. AND THIS SMELL! WHEN WILL IT LEAVE. Yuck. Awful. Would not use again.

JoR

JoRSydney Surrounds, NSW

Smell is lasting for days!

This product worked well and I am happy with the result but the smell is dreadful and still in my hair 5 days later even after daily shampooing.My hair ended up like straw but that is to be expected after using these types of products on a mature person's hair.

Bee

BeeAuckland

Not bad, it did what I wanted

I bought this after being tired of regrowth from permanent dyes and wished to return to using wash-out dyes. My hair is naturally auburn and dyed a darker red. We only had the max strength so I bought that one. It definitely returned my hair to its original colour, albeit from when I was four and strawberry blonde! No biggy since that is technically my natural colour and had faded over the years. I would definitely recommend this but perhaps would use the regular strength next time, should the shops have it.

Update: My hair went back to its natural colour after a few weeks.

Answer to Bimbo666

Although dye remover breaks down the colour you have to thoroughly shampoo straight after rinsing it out. Shampoo and shampoo again, otherwise any colour left in the strand will oxidise and become dark again: and maybe in your hair that takes a couple of days.

Vicki

VickiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worked better then expected.

I'm actually surprised this worked, I was very skeptical about using this at first as I've tried Scott Cornwells one before which took absolutely no colour out of my hair . I'm naturally a dark blonde and have been dying my hair for years now all darker shades and it has so much build up I've been mahogany, and most shades of reds and purples but most recently dark brown which was More like a black and with one application of this it's down to like a golden brown it's still got the dark brown through it, it just looks like I have highlights now but I'm thinking another one or two applications of the remover all the dark hair should be gone well here's hoping :) So overall I'm just happy that it actually lightened my hair at all. :)

Nat

NatMelbourne

Worked better than expected!

Ai a.

Ai a.Melbourne

Managed to get a lot of red and black out in first application!

Find out how JoBaz Hair Dye Remover compares to other Hair Dyes

Product isn't as good as you'd think!.

Does what it says on the box!

I had box dyed black hair for 5+ years so was dubious about this but after 1 go it had stripped it out. I used 2 boxes as it was darker on the bottom than the top due to years of colour. my hair was quite dry after but I expected that after using a product like this! I used a semi colour after wards to even out the colour & it also softened the hair. It had a slight bad odour but nothing compared to other strippers. Would definitely recommend & would use again.

NatsA

NatsAsydney

Did a good job

Good for a last resort

Didn't even remove temporary rinse!

I have naturally auburn hair and I died my hair with a mahogany colour that only last 8 washes. I hated the colour immediately and wanted to go back so the day after colouring I used this (following instructions exactly) and barely noticed a change. If it can't remove a temporary rinse how could it remove permanent colour..? It was a waste of time and dried my hair out!

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover reviews

Jessica A.

Jessica A.asked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I dyed my hair an auburn red colour however when I used the Jobazz Max strength the colour didn’t come out at all?! It was a semi permanent L’Oréal hair dye. Someone help

Sam

Samasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I used the max strength and it took me to ginger. I then applied a copper ginger hair colour and my hair went back to dark almost black hair???

Loz

Lozasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I used hair colour remover as I had purple hair now it’s gone a copper colour can I use it again to get to my natural colour?

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover questions

Features:

Realise you made a mistake and want to get back to your normal shade without dishing out on salon prices? There is now an affordable DIY solution.

Permanent hair dyes work by expanding artificial dye molecules in the shaft of your hair so they can’t be washed out. JoBaz’s hair dye remover contains a formula that reverses this process and shrinks them so that they can be washed out.

The maximum strength edition works in 60 minutes and the normal strength product works in 30 minutes. Simply combine the activator (part A) and remover (part B), massage the product into your hair for the required time and then rinse off to remove the hair dye.

What reviewers thought:

Many reviews have claimed that the product worked very well for them, lifting previous dye jobs with ease.

A point of contention among the reviewers was the smell of the product which can be overpowering and unpleasant. Another key issue is that if the rinsing is not done properly and rigorously enough, the dye molecules will not be washed out and will expand again, therefore, putting the dye back in the hair.

Compare both JoBaz Hair Dye Remover