Max Strength, Normal Strength
See the Best Hair Dyes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for JoBaz Hair Dye Remover? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Works effectively

• Non-harmful ingredients

Cons

• Unpleasant smell

• A lot of rinsing is required to work properly

• Hair Damage Yes (0) · No (1)
  • Side effects Yes (0) · No (1)
  • Stains ClothesYes (0) · No (1)
  • Ease of Application
Kylie K.
Kylie K.

Was okay but even max strength cant remove oldish hair colour...

It smelled gross but I didn't really mind, it sorta hurt but thats natural since it's made of chemicals.
It did get rid of some of the old colour nearf the roots and the buffer smelled really nice, if you've just made a hair colour mistake this would be very good for removing.
Also I had many blonde streaks with green blue colour on them.
And it costed about 12$?

Purchased in April 2019 at pricelines for $12.00.

Ease of Application

Smells like cow crap

This product works but honestly the smell is so bad it actually smells like poo anyone that came near me kept gagging and everytime I washed my hair after the smell came back just as strong. NO THANKS

Rotten Egg

The smell this emits is chocking and unpleasant it does not work well on hair that has been dyed a long while ago and the colour at the end it won't match your regrowth colour natural hair is darker than the colour that the hair striping dye made the coloured hair. I don't recommend using this as a quick fix I despise how my hair looks even more than it did

Hair Dyes

Find out how JoBaz Hair Dye Remover compares to other Hair Dyes

Louise
Louisensw

Used this on my grandaughter to get purple dye out of her recently dyed hair. Took out about 60%. Smells like rotten egg gas. The smell hangs about and will reappear when the hair gets wet, so if you use it and get caught in a storm beware..you won't want to be on a crowded bus!! Took about 6 washes for the smell to finally disappear.

AB.
AB.Broulee

Did the job, caused vomiting.

I bought this product to remove a blue colour I had put in my hair, it worked perfectly giving me my blonde hair back (with a slightly faded ash colour where the blue was deeper).

What it didn't do on was advise you to be in a well ventilated area, not only does the product stink of raw sewage but if you're doing it in a small bathroom you can look forward to asphyxiation and in my case throwing up.

So the product does it's job, it just doesn't tell you that you need to use it in an empty field with 90 acres of free space to avoid the nerve gas the product releases

tina
tinaMelbourne

Okay. Used on box brown hair with too much red tones.

Took away lots of silicone build up which was good, but left my hair an bright orange/yellow so be prepared with an ash semi permanent colour to do straight after as you won't want to leave the house like that. Left a yucky smell which took a few washed to get rid of. My hair felt dry after the second rinse but i used some conditioner and was ok, two days later my hair feels really good, nice and shiny, soft, silky.

Left my hair feeling awful

The product worked and lifted all the red hair dye I had on my hair which was unwanted, left my hair with a gingery copper tone, and an odour, which I used coconut oil and helped out well. The product left my hair feeling like straw, and very hard to brush through, I am hoping coconut oil will help out.

missymoo11Queensland

OK but very tuff on hair!

I have had a full head of blonde foils for years, decided to go dark for winter, used a semi, colour was plum, which turned out to be a very dark gothic plum, which turned a dirty plum/purple after a few washes. Used the Max Strength, did take all the dark purple out, but left with very very dried out orange hair! Same colour all over, not patchy removal. I kept on for 1 hour. After I finished I did 2 treatments as hair was like straw & impossible to comb, so I would recommend putting on a deep treatment at the same time. I would recommend going to the hairdresser and would not use again, to damaging/drying to my hair, took a couple months to repair my hair.

Other Hair Dyes

Wasnt too bad, not the best though

I have been dyeing my hair black for a few months now and wanted a change so I thought I'd try remove the colour I bought this after reading reviews, I followed all instructions and the end result wasn't the best, my roots are quite red and ginger and the rest of my hair is still black, I may have to use it again but the first try disappointed me

Hair Dyes

Find out how JoBaz Hair Dye Remover compares to other Hair Dyes

Did not do what I expected

I thought my own color would be the end result , instead I am now a ginger orangutan colour , should be brown .i had dark red in before , followed instructions to the letter .

jayaus
jayausSydney Surrounds, NSW

ginger

I'm Asian, 60 and have grey hair. For the past year I have been dying it dark red...now I wanted a change and used the Max strength Jo Baz.
1. had an asthma attack...I'm ok took 6 puffs and antihistamine.
2. left the product on for 45 not 30 minutes...worried the product wouldn't work (after reading reviews)
3. now have ginger hair, and that wasn't my original colour....it's ok though, I covered it with a mid brown colour.
4. I can't use this product again, it was "killing" me

Leaves your hair stinking of eggs!! Rotten ones!

This is OK as far as stripping colour from your hair, I'm happy with the results. Although I had previously used a Scott Cornwall one (which I prefer). I thought I'd try this...
I stink!! And I did it days ago! How can I get rid of this awful smell???

Only works on some dyes.

I paid a whopping $30 for one box (on my thick but only shoulder length hair).

I dyed my hair wine red December last year with semi-permanent dye, but in February started to dye it black again (roughly once every month) with both semi-permanent and permanent dyes.

Cons: Smells like the chemicals in a public toilet.
Takes over 50 minutes. Took me roughly 5 minutes to apply the dye. 30 to let it work it's magic. 5 to rinse out. 1 minute buffer, another 5 minute rinse. Repeat the buffer and rinse.
Makes hair very dry.

Pros: Removed all the black.

In the end, I was left with the semi-permanent red colour from last year. Still unsure whether or not I'll purchase again.

Great but my hair changed back :(

I loved this product but after a few days my hair went back to a dark colour. It was like I had never used the product. My hair was red/brown then when I used it, it went orange/blonde and I was happy but now it is dark brown again :(( i can't understand why. Was thinking of doing it again in about a week. But I'm also using a cleansing shampoo to lighten the colour. I was using the shampoo before I put this product in

tracy n.
tracy n.asked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

Will this product remove grey/silver hair colour from blond hair?

Jessica A.
Jessica A.asked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I dyed my hair an auburn red colour however when I used the Jobazz Max strength the colour didn’t come out at all?! It was a semi permanent L’Oréal hair dye. Someone help

Sam
Samasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I used the max strength and it took me to ginger. I then applied a copper ginger hair colour and my hair went back to dark almost black hair???

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover questions

Features:

Realise you made a mistake and want to get back to your normal shade without dishing out on salon prices? There is now an affordable DIY solution.

Permanent hair dyes work by expanding artificial dye molecules in the shaft of your hair so they can’t be washed out. JoBaz’s hair dye remover contains a formula that reverses this process and shrinks them so that they can be washed out.

The maximum strength edition works in 60 minutes and the normal strength product works in 30 minutes. Simply combine the activator (part A) and remover (part B), massage the product into your hair for the required time and then rinse off to remove the hair dye.

What reviewers thought:

Many reviews have claimed that the product worked very well for them, lifting previous dye jobs with ease.

A point of contention among the reviewers was the smell of the product which can be overpowering and unpleasant. Another key issue is that if the rinsing is not done properly and rigorously enough, the dye molecules will not be washed out and will expand again, therefore, putting the dye back in the hair.

Compare both JoBaz Hair Dye Remover