Max Strength, Normal Strength
See the Best Hair Dyes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for JoBaz Hair Dye Remover? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Works effectively

• Non-harmful ingredients

Cons

• Unpleasant smell

• A lot of rinsing is required to work properly

Do not buy this product!!!

Purchased in July 2021.

Ease of Application
Kylie K.
Kylie K.

Was okay but even max strength cant remove oldish hair colour...

It smelled gross but I didn't really mind, it sorta hurt but thats natural since it's made of chemicals.
It did get rid of some of the old colour nearf the roots and the buffer smelled really nice, if you've just made a hair colour mistake this would be very good for removing.
Also I had many blonde streaks with green blue colour on them.
And it costed about 12$?

Purchased in April 2019 at pricelines for $12.00.

Ease of Application

Steer clear, just awful.

Ive been dying my hair since my teens, using numerous products over the years. I saw this in savers UK, it was the cheapest there and was within my budget. Fast forward after application, looked like it worked (I go bright ginger). After rinsing it went back to dark brown/black! All it's done is made my hair smell and wasted my money. Now got to purchase a more pricey one that actually works!

Purchased in April 2019.

Smells like cow crap

This product works but honestly the smell is so bad it actually smells like poo anyone that came near me kept gagging and everytime I washed my hair after the smell came back just as strong. NO THANKS

Turned hair grey

I bleached my hair few weeks ago put a dark blonde on used this to get rid of the dark blonde went up stairs with yellow hair as the remover had worked used half the buffer and the colour of the buffer was a grey colour and now my hair is that colour so it’s redyed my hair I’m not impressed I followed the instructions this is my first time using it as I normally use the wella colour remover I won’t be using this again. I now have to go to shops and start all over again not happy at all

Too smelly

My hair was dyed burgundy colour & I wanted to grow it out. I had about 4 ins silver root growth & looked ridiculous. In a bid to hurry things along I purchased this product. My hair went a horrible rusty colour, one could say "my own fault!! ok but the smell from the product is horrendous. It's like the old fashioned perming solution, ammonia & after 5 weeks & a brutal cut it still stinks!!!!

Lozza
Lozza

Rotten Egg

The smell this emits is chocking and unpleasant it does not work well on hair that has been dyed a long while ago and the colour at the end it won't match your regrowth colour natural hair is darker than the colour that the hair striping dye made the coloured hair. I don't recommend using this as a quick fix I despise how my hair looks even more than it did

Louise
Louisensw

Used this on my grandaughter to get purple dye out of her recently dyed hair. Took out about 60%. Smells like rotten egg gas. The smell hangs about and will reappear when the hair gets wet, so if you use it and get caught in a storm beware..you won't want to be on a crowded bus!! Took about 6 washes for the smell to finally disappear.

AB.
AB.Broulee

Did the job, caused vomiting.

I bought this product to remove a blue colour I had put in my hair, it worked perfectly giving me my blonde hair back (with a slightly faded ash colour where the blue was deeper).

What it didn't do on was advise you to be in a well ventilated area, not only does the product stink of raw sewage but if you're doing it in a small bathroom you can look forward to asphyxiation and in my case throwing up.

So the product does it's job, it just doesn't tell you that you need to use it in an empty field with 90 acres of free space to avoid the nerve gas the product releases

Find out how JoBaz Hair Dye Remover compares to other Hair Dyes

Beautiful hair half head broken

Gosh I'm hating my hair going to take years to get my broken pieces back to shoulder length looks like a mullet
I'm trying to just be patient but so unfair feeling like this I want my hair back

tina
tinaMelbourne

Okay. Used on box brown hair with too much red tones.

Took away lots of silicone build up which was good, but left my hair an bright orange/yellow so be prepared with an ash semi permanent colour to do straight after as you won't want to leave the house like that. Left a yucky smell which took a few washed to get rid of. My hair felt dry after the second rinse but i used some conditioner and was ok, two days later my hair feels really good, nice and shiny, soft, silky.

Left my hair feeling awful

The product worked and lifted all the red hair dye I had on my hair which was unwanted, left my hair with a gingery copper tone, and an odour, which I used coconut oil and helped out well. The product left my hair feeling like straw, and very hard to brush through, I am hoping coconut oil will help out.

missymoo11Queensland

OK but very tuff on hair!

I have had a full head of blonde foils for years, decided to go dark for winter, used a semi, colour was plum, which turned out to be a very dark gothic plum, which turned a dirty plum/purple after a few washes. Used the Max Strength, did take all the dark purple out, but left with very very dried out orange hair! Same colour all over, not patchy removal. I kept on for 1 hour. After I finished I did 2 treatments as hair was like straw & impossible to comb, so I would recommend putting on a deep treatment at the same time. I would recommend going to the hairdresser and would not use again, to damaging/drying to my hair, took a couple months to repair my hair.

Jacky
JackyU.K.

Left With An Odour To Die For!!!

Didn't work, but far worse it's been 10 weeks now and the worst odour ever is still hanging around, I used enjoy showering but ever time you get you hair wet the worst ever smell joins you.

Other Hair Dyes

Physically sick from smell its left in my hair

My hair absolutely stinks so bad 5 days after using this I am shocked to say the least its day 5 and my hair still reeks so bad I'm scared I'm going to have to shave it off this should not be allowed its a disgrace ive never had a smell that just won't leave and the smell is gut wrenching seriously I have thrown up from smelling this my partner will not sleep in our bed and my pillows and linen now smells not good enough what can I do

tracy n.
tracy n.asked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

Will this product remove grey/silver hair colour from blond hair?

Jessica A.
Jessica A.asked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I dyed my hair an auburn red colour however when I used the Jobazz Max strength the colour didn’t come out at all?! It was a semi permanent L’Oréal hair dye. Someone help

Sam
Samasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I used the max strength and it took me to ginger. I then applied a copper ginger hair colour and my hair went back to dark almost black hair???

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover questions

Features:

Realise you made a mistake and want to get back to your normal shade without dishing out on salon prices? There is now an affordable DIY solution.

Permanent hair dyes work by expanding artificial dye molecules in the shaft of your hair so they can’t be washed out. JoBaz’s hair dye remover contains a formula that reverses this process and shrinks them so that they can be washed out.

The maximum strength edition works in 60 minutes and the normal strength product works in 30 minutes. Simply combine the activator (part A) and remover (part B), massage the product into your hair for the required time and then rinse off to remove the hair dye.

What reviewers thought:

Many reviews have claimed that the product worked very well for them, lifting previous dye jobs with ease.

A point of contention among the reviewers was the smell of the product which can be overpowering and unpleasant. Another key issue is that if the rinsing is not done properly and rigorously enough, the dye molecules will not be washed out and will expand again, therefore, putting the dye back in the hair.

Compare both JoBaz Hair Dye Remover