Max Strength, Normal Strength
See the Best Hair Dyes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for JoBaz Hair Dye Remover? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Works effectively

• Non-harmful ingredients

Cons

• Unpleasant smell

• A lot of rinsing is required to work properly

Mel
MelSydney, NSW

Better than other brands I used

It really strips out semis and even permanent colours out. I had used this multiple times in the past when ever I wanted to go few shades lighter. Sadly they don’t sell JoBaz in Sydney anymore for some reason :( so I used the Scott Cornwall brand and did nothing and just wasted money on it. So I would recommend this to anyone but the only downside is just the smell.

Purchased at Priceline.

Fantastic results

Purchased in September 2019 at Semichem for $4.99.

Dolores S.
Dolores S.Hunter Region, NSW

Really worked so well

Purchased in June 2019 at Priceline for $29.99.

Kylie K.
Kylie K.

Was okay but even max strength cant remove oldish hair colour...

It smelled gross but I didn't really mind, it sorta hurt but thats natural since it's made of chemicals.
It did get rid of some of the old colour nearf the roots and the buffer smelled really nice, if you've just made a hair colour mistake this would be very good for removing.
Also I had many blonde streaks with green blue colour on them.
And it costed about 12$?

Purchased in April 2019 at pricelines for $12.00.

Carpi
CarpiPerth, WA

Very gentle on hair

The smell is over exaggerated. It has no horrible smell like ones say. It definitely removes colour from hair. I left it in for the full 60 minutes. I was so surprised. I recommend try it. It can’t hurt you. And make up your own mind. You have nothing to lose. I have almost waste length hair so used two boxes.

Purchased in January 2019 at Priceline.

Michelle
MichellePerth, WA

Winning product !

Brondie
BrondieAuckland

Works just like it says

In many of the reviews I see people say the end result colour was yellow or orange. Of course it was, the colour remover returns your hair to BASE colour. If you are naturally blonde, your base is yellow. A natural brunette, your base is orange, mature persons your base may well be white/grey with age. No product on the planet will give you back your natural shade, just your natural BASE. When you coloured your hair, your natural colour was gone for good & the only way to get it back was to grow it all out. So, yes the product does work & it works well. I dyed my hair brown for years & this product takes me back to my yellow base as I was blonde as a kid. Then I can dye it to any shade of blonde. Horray!

How to use box dye to colour your hair at home like a pro

If your regular cut and colour appointment is on hold, or if you just want to change up your look while saving some money, we’ve got a handy little guide to help you dye your own hair at home to make your hairdresser proud.

Clara V.
Clara V.17 Aug 2021
how-to-use-box-dye-to-colour-your-hair-at-home-like-a-pro

Smells like cow crap

This product works but honestly the smell is so bad it actually smells like poo anyone that came near me kept gagging and everytime I washed my hair after the smell came back just as strong. NO THANKS

Worked for me.

I used colour before at twice the price of this one and guess what...this one does the same job and the smell is less pungent than colour before as that one was unbearable. My hair was dark brown and I'm now a nice shade of gingery red. I actually love my new hair. Highly recommended.

Absolutely brilliant

Used this for first time. Very sceptical but it did exactly what it said. Highly recommend this product. Very smelly but if you rinse as in instructions there is no problem with any smell afterwards

Completely shocked me!

Ange L
Ange LLincoln

Absolutely fantastic product!!

Sarah
SarahBirmingham uk

Brilliant product

Used this product with trepidation as I have thin hair...worked brilliantly to remove a very dark colour I put on my hair. Colour removed successfully and I was able to recolour my hair straight away. The product didn't damage my hair in any way would highly recommend and will use again.

Rotten Egg

The smell this emits is chocking and unpleasant it does not work well on hair that has been dyed a long while ago and the colour at the end it won't match your regrowth colour natural hair is darker than the colour that the hair striping dye made the coloured hair. I don't recommend using this as a quick fix I despise how my hair looks even more than it did

Biancajayne
BiancajayneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Its perfect, if you know what youre doing

A lot of reviews are people being disappointed. Stripping your hair won't bring back your natural colour, once you dye your hair, your natural colour is gone. Stripping the hair removes the pigment dye that was put in, it doesnt remove stains either. Any hair dresser would advise you that stripping dye out of your hair is very damaging.
This product is amazing, and does the job. People just need to do their research on how products work before they use it.
The smell reminds me of perm solution and it will be in your hair for a while.

tracy n.
tracy n.asked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

Will this product remove grey/silver hair colour from blond hair?

Jessica A.
Jessica A.asked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I dyed my hair an auburn red colour however when I used the Jobazz Max strength the colour didn’t come out at all?! It was a semi permanent L’Oréal hair dye. Someone help

Sam
Samasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I used the max strength and it took me to ginger. I then applied a copper ginger hair colour and my hair went back to dark almost black hair???

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover questions

Features:

Realise you made a mistake and want to get back to your normal shade without dishing out on salon prices? There is now an affordable DIY solution.

Permanent hair dyes work by expanding artificial dye molecules in the shaft of your hair so they can’t be washed out. JoBaz’s hair dye remover contains a formula that reverses this process and shrinks them so that they can be washed out.

The maximum strength edition works in 60 minutes and the normal strength product works in 30 minutes. Simply combine the activator (part A) and remover (part B), massage the product into your hair for the required time and then rinse off to remove the hair dye.

What reviewers thought:

Many reviews have claimed that the product worked very well for them, lifting previous dye jobs with ease.

A point of contention among the reviewers was the smell of the product which can be overpowering and unpleasant. Another key issue is that if the rinsing is not done properly and rigorously enough, the dye molecules will not be washed out and will expand again, therefore, putting the dye back in the hair.

Compare both JoBaz Hair Dye Remover