Max Strength, Normal Strength

Pros

• Works effectively

• Non-harmful ingredients

Cons

• Unpleasant smell

• A lot of rinsing is required to work properly

Teejai

TeejaiVictoria

Removes dye from inside the hair cuticle

Pros: Removes colour that is in the hair cuticle, doesn't fry hair like bleach does, can do at home, fast, cheap.
Cons: doesn't remove staining on the outside of hair (no good for manic panic), drying on hair so need to put a conditioning mask on after, smells really really bad.
The smell is so bad, it made me ill/nauseous. Felt sick for about an hour afterwards, but it did remove permanent hair colour so it's ok.

Meg N

Meg NPlymouth

PLEASED!!

After trial and error with MANY hair colour strippers over the years this is by far the best I've ever used, I was a really dark brown with red on top, and this took me to a light browny/ natural ginger and I love it. Would absolutely recommend, just have to follow instructions properly!

JoR

JoRSydney Surrounds, NSW

Smell is lasting for days!

This product worked well and I am happy with the result but the smell is dreadful and still in my hair 5 days later even after daily shampooing.My hair ended up like straw but that is to be expected after using these types of products on a mature person's hair.

Hair Dyes

Find out how JoBaz Hair Dye Remover compares to other Hair Dyes

Bee

BeeAuckland

Not bad, it did what I wanted

I bought this after being tired of regrowth from permanent dyes and wished to return to using wash-out dyes. My hair is naturally auburn and dyed a darker red. We only had the max strength so I bought that one. It definitely returned my hair to its original colour, albeit from when I was four and strawberry blonde! No biggy since that is technically my natural colour and had faded over the years. I would definitely recommend this but perhaps would use the regular strength next time, should the shops have it.

Update: My hair went back to its natural colour after a few weeks.

Answer to Bimbo666

Although dye remover breaks down the colour you have to thoroughly shampoo straight after rinsing it out. Shampoo and shampoo again, otherwise any colour left in the strand will oxidise and become dark again: and maybe in your hair that takes a couple of days.

Vicki

VickiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worked better then expected.

I'm actually surprised this worked, I was very skeptical about using this at first as I've tried Scott Cornwells one before which took absolutely no colour out of my hair . I'm naturally a dark blonde and have been dying my hair for years now all darker shades and it has so much build up I've been mahogany, and most shades of reds and purples but most recently dark brown which was More like a black and with one application of this it's down to like a golden brown it's still got the dark brown through it, it just looks like I have highlights now but I'm thinking another one or two applications of the remover all the dark hair should be gone well here's hoping :) So overall I'm just happy that it actually lightened my hair at all. :)

Nat

NatMelbourne

Worked better than expected!

Ai a.

Ai a.Melbourne

Managed to get a lot of red and black out in first application!

Does what it says on the box!

I had box dyed black hair for 5+ years so was dubious about this but after 1 go it had stripped it out. I used 2 boxes as it was darker on the bottom than the top due to years of colour. my hair was quite dry after but I expected that after using a product like this! I used a semi colour after wards to even out the colour & it also softened the hair. It had a slight bad odour but nothing compared to other strippers. Would definitely recommend & would use again.

Hair Dyes

Good for a last resort

Perfect coverage!

SueC254

SueC254Sydney, NSW

Remove permanent hair colour at home safely. It works.

SeraAzzo

SeraAzzoMelbourne

Was sceptical but it worked well

It says it will remove your hair dye, and that is what it does. Mine is mostly gone but because I dye my hair very black I may have "stained the cuiticle" as stated in the directions. My hair is visibly lighter and the dye has been entirely removed on the crown.
Did what it said it would
Was quite expensive

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover reviews

Jessica A.

Jessica A.asked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I dyed my hair an auburn red colour however when I used the Jobazz Max strength the colour didn’t come out at all?! It was a semi permanent L’Oréal hair dye. Someone help

Sam

Samasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I used the max strength and it took me to ginger. I then applied a copper ginger hair colour and my hair went back to dark almost black hair???

Loz

Lozasked

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I used hair colour remover as I had purple hair now it’s gone a copper colour can I use it again to get to my natural colour?

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover questions

Features:

Realise you made a mistake and want to get back to your normal shade without dishing out on salon prices? There is now an affordable DIY solution.

Permanent hair dyes work by expanding artificial dye molecules in the shaft of your hair so they can’t be washed out. JoBaz’s hair dye remover contains a formula that reverses this process and shrinks them so that they can be washed out.

The maximum strength edition works in 60 minutes and the normal strength product works in 30 minutes. Simply combine the activator (part A) and remover (part B), massage the product into your hair for the required time and then rinse off to remove the hair dye.

What reviewers thought:

Many reviews have claimed that the product worked very well for them, lifting previous dye jobs with ease.

A point of contention among the reviewers was the smell of the product which can be overpowering and unpleasant. Another key issue is that if the rinsing is not done properly and rigorously enough, the dye molecules will not be washed out and will expand again, therefore, putting the dye back in the hair.

Compare both JoBaz Hair Dye Remover