JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover (page 2 of 4)

Max Strength, Normal Strength
See the Best Hair Dyes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for JoBaz Hair Dye Remover? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Works effectively

• Non-harmful ingredients

Cons

• Unpleasant smell

• A lot of rinsing is required to work properly

gayle12
gayle12LAKE MACQUARIE

Happy

Used this today on my quite dark reddish dyed hair. Followed the instructions. It took the colour out and it is a bit orange, but not too bad. Will recolour it dark blonde soon. My hair is naturally dark blonde but I put a dark copper red colour in but did not like if. Immediately recoloured it with a lighter golden blonde but nothing changed. Happy with the results. It definetly worked on my over red hair.

Left my hair feeling awful

The product worked and lifted all the red hair dye I had on my hair which was unwanted, left my hair with a gingery copper tone, and an odour, which I used coconut oil and helped out well. The product left my hair feeling like straw, and very hard to brush through, I am hoping coconut oil will help out.

Other Hair Dyes

This is perfect recommend to all people who are struggling with hair they don't want!

Best removal hair colour I have used I was black and went to a light copper and it feels great would definitely use again if I had any other disaster with my hair.

missymoo11Queensland

OK but very tuff on hair!

I have had a full head of blonde foils for years, decided to go dark for winter, used a semi, colour was plum, which turned out to be a very dark gothic plum, which turned a dirty plum/purple after a few washes. Used the Max Strength, did take all the dark purple out, but left with very very dried out orange hair! Same colour all over, not patchy removal. I kept on for 1 hour. After I finished I did 2 treatments as hair was like straw & impossible to comb, so I would recommend putting on a deep treatment at the same time. I would recommend going to the hairdresser and would not use again, to damaging/drying to my hair, took a couple months to repair my hair.

The best there is !!!i

I have a thing about dying my hair.blonde ,brown,red you name it.I have tried this product so many times and always had excellent results. I can't recommend highly enough.if I haven't seen it in the shops I will try another brand with disastrous results.I always go back to Jo baz.it was 2.99 in savers shop I bought 3 packs.such a great product and it does not harm your hair.what's not to like???

Worked Wonderfully!

I've tried the natural methods of removing hair dye (vinegar, bi card soda) and they didn't work.
I was amazing how well this worked. Yes it may smell abit but hey no product is perfect.

Jacky
JackyU.K.

Left With An Odour To Die For!!!

Didn't work, but far worse it's been 10 weeks now and the worst odour ever is still hanging around, I used enjoy showering but ever time you get you hair wet the worst ever smell joins you.

Sezzy
Sezzy

Watery but great !!!!

I used this on my blue black hair I have been dying for 3years now, when applying the solution I thought it wouldn't work as it was like applying water to your hair but ended up turning out that nice the colour I'm keeping it the colour it is. Copper, Auburny, red it's beautiful!

lynnielou
lynnielouEngland

Did the job!

I am 45 and been dying my hair since I was 15. Anyway, I went from a 6 to a 3 and it was a blacky/blackcurranty colour and I hated it. Bought this for £4 and tried it out today. Instructions are easy to follow. It smelt a little like rotten veg but its not that bad and once you put a colour over it, it goes! I left it on for the hour and it lifted my hair to a gingery/copper so it was great for me as I then used a medium brown semi over and have a gorgeous, rich med brown shade which was my aim. Hair is just the same condition as before. Im so happy!

Great product

I have stripped my hair In the past many times and I have always used this. There are more expensive strippers that don't do any different job to this one. Yes your hair does go a copper tone, but i wouldn't expect anything else after been red. Great base now to go to brown I wishing to go back to. only down fall it smells ransid but definitely not complaining. Wouldn't waste my money on the more expensive strippers

Did exactly what i wanted it to

I have died my hair many many times and used all brands of stripper. I bought this today as im sick of the dark brown/black ive been stuck with since the last stripper i paid £12 for did nothing...anyway! Wow im impressed its stripped my hair to a light copper which i expected after years of dying my hair bright red and this is the result i wanted perfect base for my new colour! My hair needs a bit of extra conditioning but not as much as it would have if id had to bleach it. Would defo use again!!! Highly recommended. But ..... IT DOES STINK

Physically sick from smell its left in my hair

My hair absolutely stinks so bad 5 days after using this I am shocked to say the least its day 5 and my hair still reeks so bad I'm scared I'm going to have to shave it off this should not be allowed its a disgrace ive never had a smell that just won't leave and the smell is gut wrenching seriously I have thrown up from smelling this my partner will not sleep in our bed and my pillows and linen now smells not good enough what can I do

Wasnt too bad, not the best though

I have been dyeing my hair black for a few months now and wanted a change so I thought I'd try remove the colour I bought this after reading reviews, I followed all instructions and the end result wasn't the best, my roots are quite red and ginger and the rest of my hair is still black, I may have to use it again but the first try disappointed me

jauneoiseau
jauneoiseauSydney

Ruined my hair

Months after using this chemical I have lost a lot of hair and it as caused significant damage and breakage. DO NOT USE. My hair is terrible now. I wish I'd just kept the colour it was as at least it wasn't damaged.

Jess
Jess

Does exactly what it says it does!

I have been dying my hair with packet permanent black hair dye for over a year.
I used this product once and it removed all the black from my hair.
It is important to do your research before using this product as, like in my case, it may not return your hair back to its natural colour - it may come up as a brassy red-brown colour. This isn't because if this product, it's because the hair dye used previously removed some of your natural colour pigment in order to be able to fit the synthetic colour into the hair follicle.
I used a semi-permanent colour similar to my natural dark brown colour straight afterwards and my hair is soft and shiny :)

Find out how JoBaz Hair Dye Remover compares to other Hair Dyes

Supermarket only had Max Strength.

Worked kinda for half an hour..

My natural hair colour is an orange blonde, I have been dying it dark brown/almost black for a while now, stripped it the first time bought out the roots and made the rest a medium dark brown, did it again, the roots went natural about 10cm down and the rest was reddy brown with dark brown highlights, but after half an hour it went a darker colour after doing a bleach wash to try lighten to ends more.. We read previous reviews and rinsed and rinsed and scrubbed the buffer right in, don't understand what happened, very disappointed, my hair also felt like straw after washing out the buffer, so had to condition to brush through it or it was just a tangled dry mess.
Would recommend spending the extra at a hair salon.

Did not do what I expected

I thought my own color would be the end result , instead I am now a ginger orangutan colour , should be brown .i had dark red in before , followed instructions to the letter .

Brilliant

So i have long permed hair which the salon had coloured red however the colour had faded and looked bad . So i picked up a brown hair colour which when finished looked black omg disaster. I had bought this as a stand by and after reading reviews i thought il try a strand , 12 mins and it was already almost my natural colour Strawberry blonde . So on it all went ,wrapped a bin bag lol round my head and a towel and waited 30 mins .
My hairs is soft and the curls are better than before but the colour has taken it back to my natural colour and the dark brown and the original red is gone .
Brilliant couldnt be more happy

Loz
LozMelbourne

Wow

My hair was a bright, unnatural red purple colour. I have long hair and thought I'd need 2 packs but one was fine. I let it develop for 1 hour with foil and a towel over my head. It smells awful like scrambled eggs with a balsamic bleach reduction... Mmmm yum. I rinsed for 10 mins and thought I'd see red all over my shower like a crime scene but there was no colour anywhere and more importantly none in my hair!
Once dried it's a lovely even strawberry blonde colour and I love it, I didn't need to colour it again! I still can't figure out where the red went, it vanished and I still smell like I'm wearing omelette cologne.
Highly recommend!

ap74
ap74AU

Does what it says.

so glad I came across this!

My hair was a medium brown with random red patches and when I used this product it went to a caramel brown which looked amazing! Didn't dry out my hair either!

literally so bad

used it on hair that i has dyed once, and it left me totally ginger, it was terrible. plus hair felt like straw afterward. had to go to the hairdresser immediately

It worked instantly!

It worked instantly !! As I was putting it through my hair I could see the red fading. It completely removed all the unwanted colour and luckily I had my blonde hair back.

Would use again for sure! It did smell like rotten eggs but who cares

jessicatherese88
jessicatherese88Illawarra, NSW

Awesome results!!

The results after 1 use were so much better than I expected. I went from a dark red to strawberry blonde.
The smell wasn't pleasant but it did the job and my hair still feels healthy afterwards!

tracy n.
tracy n.asked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

Will this product remove grey/silver hair colour from blond hair?

Jessica A.
Jessica A.asked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I dyed my hair an auburn red colour however when I used the Jobazz Max strength the colour didn’t come out at all?! It was a semi permanent L’Oréal hair dye. Someone help

Sam
Samasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I used the max strength and it took me to ginger. I then applied a copper ginger hair colour and my hair went back to dark almost black hair???

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover questions

Features:

Realise you made a mistake and want to get back to your normal shade without dishing out on salon prices? There is now an affordable DIY solution.

Permanent hair dyes work by expanding artificial dye molecules in the shaft of your hair so they can’t be washed out. JoBaz’s hair dye remover contains a formula that reverses this process and shrinks them so that they can be washed out.

The maximum strength edition works in 60 minutes and the normal strength product works in 30 minutes. Simply combine the activator (part A) and remover (part B), massage the product into your hair for the required time and then rinse off to remove the hair dye.

What reviewers thought:

Many reviews have claimed that the product worked very well for them, lifting previous dye jobs with ease.

A point of contention among the reviewers was the smell of the product which can be overpowering and unpleasant. Another key issue is that if the rinsing is not done properly and rigorously enough, the dye molecules will not be washed out and will expand again, therefore, putting the dye back in the hair.

Compare both JoBaz Hair Dye Remover