JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover (page 3 of 4)

Max Strength, Normal Strength
See the Best Hair Dyes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for JoBaz Hair Dye Remover? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Works effectively

• Non-harmful ingredients

Cons

• Unpleasant smell

• A lot of rinsing is required to work properly

Khloekovolenko
KhloekovolenkoMelbourne

i had great results removing red hair dye

Background: my hair was bleach blonde. I coloured it brown to darken it and went through purple , magenta and red over the brown for about 6-12 months.

It didnt smell good but jo baz got my hair from burgandyred to a light auburn brown and it was so soft and in such good condition afterwards.

Ella
Ella

Absolutely excellent product! Surprised it worked

I started with bright red hair and after a couple of months I dyed over it with black. I wanted a change, so I used one box of the max strength (my hair is quite long and thick) and my hair literally looks so amazing! I was planning on re-colouring my hair after using the product, but because my hair turned out so nicely (A golden brown/ginger-ish/auburn colour) I might keep this colour for a while! Very impressed with the way it turned out. Love it, definitely worth your money! Would recommend to anyone

Stephm
StephmBrisbane

Amazing product! Really works

Iv Been dying my hair black for years and years. Black over black over black. Used the max strength 1 time and it really took out the black, my hair is now orange. I have thick medium length hair so i used 2 packets at once but it really worked. Didnt think it would but it does!
I will have to do it again because some parts are dark Brown but considering how much back hair dye was on my hair it has done an amazing job. Would recommend to anyone

Suprisingly it works

I was skeptical that the colour remover would even make a difference after years of dying my hair (the latest being blonde balayage with black hair dye over that). After putting in the application and waiting the 30 mins i checked and it looked like all the black was gone but the blonde was now what i was going to be left with, so i wasn't happy but after rinsing and using the buffer twice as directed all colour was gone, if anything i was shocked that with just $30 and an hour of my time i was back to my natural hair color and its also not as frizzy as it is usually from colour damage. i will defiantly be using this again.

Amazing even the salon couldn't make it so good!

I was magenta red and was bleached then red! Vibrant red! The Jo Bax completely stripped it to bleached blonde! My hairdresser said it wouldn't work and I am more than chuffed!

Results don't last!

I've tried this product several times (because it's the only one my local store sells) and every time it unevenly lightens my hair by only 1 shade and it gradually returns back dark within a few days! I give up, I won't be buying this product again.

bexy
bexyChristchurch

100% happy

Omg. I was a little worried when using this. My hair has been dyed so much. I had blonde ombre ends , then they where dyed bright red . Then I got my whole head dyed dark red. Then I was over paying the salon to keep up woth red I started dying my own hair . I went to dark and lived with it for ages. Now I am here with fresh dye on after I sing the remover. Wow . I need up going from dark black red woth red ends to am even light coppery brown all over. Pretty even all over. I could have gotten away who not dying it. It went lighter than my natural colour but I guess that was doe to the ammonia on the red colour I had been using. I am Def going to use this again when I decide to change colour. Love it

jayaus
jayausSydney Surrounds, NSW

ginger

I'm Asian, 60 and have grey hair. For the past year I have been dying it dark red...now I wanted a change and used the Max strength Jo Baz.
1. had an asthma attack...I'm ok took 6 puffs and antihistamine.
2. left the product on for 45 not 30 minutes...worried the product wouldn't work (after reading reviews)
3. now have ginger hair, and that wasn't my original colour....it's ok though, I covered it with a mid brown colour.
4. I can't use this product again, it was "killing" me

Other Hair Dyes

Leaves your hair stinking of eggs!! Rotten ones!

This is OK as far as stripping colour from your hair, I'm happy with the results. Although I had previously used a Scott Cornwall one (which I prefer). I thought I'd try this...
I stink!! And I did it days ago! How can I get rid of this awful smell???

MY HAIR WENT BLUE

Great results! Just what I was after! :)

Didn't work!!

I purchased two packets of colour remover in max strength and neither of them worked! All it did was make my hair dry... Wasted $60 and 2 hours of my time for nothing, thanks.

Mel83
Mel83Victoria

Gets Rid Of Horrid Hair Dye In Less Than An Hour!

I had a "brilliant" idea of putting dark brown permanent dye over my lovely auburn hair - long story short it came out almost black and I looked like Marilyn Manson's twin with my pale skin and blue eyes.
After I finished cursing to myself, I popped down to Woolworths and bought this blessed stuff. It takes a bit of mucking around, lots of showering and thinking of suitable activities to keep a 3-year-old preoccupied while mummy has 3 showers but my hair is back to my natural colour with minimal cost and hardly any damage. I highly recommend this product for getting rid of crap dye jobs.

Very effective and does what it's supposed to.

CJ22
CJ22

Awesome product.

This stuff is brilliant, yes it takes an hour but $25 and 1 hour of my time is so much cheaper than a hairdresser would charge. My hair was originally Auburn but had gone bland, flat brown after years of intermittent dying, it has been blue black for around the last 8 months so I was worried that this product may not work as well as I was hopeing, it worked better, my hair has come out my original beautiful Auburn that I haven't seen since I was 14 years old. Could not be happier, highly recommended.

Amazing results!

I have just used this stuff and couldn't be happier with the results! I was so worried it was going to be a disaster, even though I read the instructions 3 times and followed them to a tee and read hundreds of reviews.

I haven't seen my natural colour in almost 20 years and now that I have it back I'm wondering why I ever started dying it to begin with! It's such a lovely colour. I went from a horrid very dark/almost black brown, back to a lovely warm chestnut.

The smell isn't the nicest smell in the world but if these are the results, who cares?

I had bought a dye ready to recolour but I think I'll throw it in the bin and keep my natural colour :)

Cannot reccoment enough!

Only works on some dyes.

I paid a whopping $30 for one box (on my thick but only shoulder length hair).

I dyed my hair wine red December last year with semi-permanent dye, but in February started to dye it black again (roughly once every month) with both semi-permanent and permanent dyes.

Cons: Smells like the chemicals in a public toilet.
Takes over 50 minutes. Took me roughly 5 minutes to apply the dye. 30 to let it work it's magic. 5 to rinse out. 1 minute buffer, another 5 minute rinse. Repeat the buffer and rinse.
Makes hair very dry.

Pros: Removed all the black.

In the end, I was left with the semi-permanent red colour from last year. Still unsure whether or not I'll purchase again.

Seems to react to different people's hair in different ways

This product seems to work very differently for different people (looking at these reviews).
I personally didn't have a good experience with it.
I made sure I didn't everything as the instructions said but it barely lifted any colour.
More than a week later, my hair is still waxy, impossible to wash (due to waxy feel and clumping when wet) and smells of bad eggs.
When i straighten my hair now, it smells disgusting and makes a squeaky sound because of the consistency of my hair now. :(

Hair went back to dark after using

Total waste of time and money. After using the dye remover, my hair was slightly lighter. I've been dying it chocolate brown over blonde since Feb, so not too much colour build up. Used it according to directions, rinsing and buffered for about double the recommended time, yet as soon as put honey blonde colour in hair and rinsing, it went straight back to the dark colour. $45 ($30 for stripper & 15 on new colour) and 3 hours wasted.

This is honestly the worst product I have ever used.

Was absolutely horrible, did nothing to my hair at all apart from make it dry and brittle when my hair was just getting healthy and growing. The colour I had in was purple fudge and has no ammonia or peroxide at all and all it did was literally make my hair blue when it was already fading to blue never again and definitely not worth the money I paid. I honestly could've got a bleach and would've had a better out come. My hair would be the same as it is now only There would be an actual difference in the colour but there is literally no difference what so ever. Definitely wouldn't recommend

crazy colour

My hair is naturally brown. Ive bleached it to an orangey blonde and then put bright red and more recently pink rinses in for a vivid colour. I tried the remover today to get back to the original blonde and my hair went dark purple! I tried it on a blonde extension that had also had a pink semi on it and it went dark blue! Im really not sure now whether to try it again or whether i have to try and bleach it? Be warned that you may not get the result you expect. On a positive note, my hair is in good condition after the treatment. Unfortunately it really really smells though.

Awe full red hair GONE!

Oh My God I Cannot Believe It!!!

Not great

Jessica H
Jessica HNewcastle

Perfect solution without the salon price tag

tracy n.
tracy n.asked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

Will this product remove grey/silver hair colour from blond hair?

Jessica A.
Jessica A.asked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I dyed my hair an auburn red colour however when I used the Jobazz Max strength the colour didn’t come out at all?! It was a semi permanent L’Oréal hair dye. Someone help

Sam
Samasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I used the max strength and it took me to ginger. I then applied a copper ginger hair colour and my hair went back to dark almost black hair???

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover questions

Features:

Realise you made a mistake and want to get back to your normal shade without dishing out on salon prices? There is now an affordable DIY solution.

Permanent hair dyes work by expanding artificial dye molecules in the shaft of your hair so they can’t be washed out. JoBaz’s hair dye remover contains a formula that reverses this process and shrinks them so that they can be washed out.

The maximum strength edition works in 60 minutes and the normal strength product works in 30 minutes. Simply combine the activator (part A) and remover (part B), massage the product into your hair for the required time and then rinse off to remove the hair dye.

What reviewers thought:

Many reviews have claimed that the product worked very well for them, lifting previous dye jobs with ease.

A point of contention among the reviewers was the smell of the product which can be overpowering and unpleasant. Another key issue is that if the rinsing is not done properly and rigorously enough, the dye molecules will not be washed out and will expand again, therefore, putting the dye back in the hair.

Compare both JoBaz Hair Dye Remover