JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover (page 2 of 4)

Max Strength, Normal Strength
See the Best Hair Dyes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for JoBaz Hair Dye Remover? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Works effectively

• Non-harmful ingredients

Cons

• Unpleasant smell

• A lot of rinsing is required to work properly

missymoo11Queensland

OK but very tuff on hair!

I have had a full head of blonde foils for years, decided to go dark for winter, used a semi, colour was plum, which turned out to be a very dark gothic plum, which turned a dirty plum/purple after a few washes. Used the Max Strength, did take all the dark purple out, but left with very very dried out orange hair! Same colour all over, not patchy removal. I kept on for 1 hour. After I finished I did 2 treatments as hair was like straw & impossible to comb, so I would recommend putting on a deep treatment at the same time. I would recommend going to the hairdresser and would not use again, to damaging/drying to my hair, took a couple months to repair my hair.

The best there is !!!i

I have a thing about dying my hair.blonde ,brown,red you name it.I have tried this product so many times and always had excellent results. I can't recommend highly enough.if I haven't seen it in the shops I will try another brand with disastrous results.I always go back to Jo baz.it was 2.99 in savers shop I bought 3 packs.such a great product and it does not harm your hair.what's not to like???

Worked Wonderfully!

I've tried the natural methods of removing hair dye (vinegar, bi card soda) and they didn't work.
I was amazing how well this worked. Yes it may smell abit but hey no product is perfect.

Sezzy
Sezzy

Watery but great !!!!

I used this on my blue black hair I have been dying for 3years now, when applying the solution I thought it wouldn't work as it was like applying water to your hair but ended up turning out that nice the colour I'm keeping it the colour it is. Copper, Auburny, red it's beautiful!

lynnielou
lynnielouEngland

Did the job!

I am 45 and been dying my hair since I was 15. Anyway, I went from a 6 to a 3 and it was a blacky/blackcurranty colour and I hated it. Bought this for £4 and tried it out today. Instructions are easy to follow. It smelt a little like rotten veg but its not that bad and once you put a colour over it, it goes! I left it on for the hour and it lifted my hair to a gingery/copper so it was great for me as I then used a medium brown semi over and have a gorgeous, rich med brown shade which was my aim. Hair is just the same condition as before. Im so happy!

Great product

I have stripped my hair In the past many times and I have always used this. There are more expensive strippers that don't do any different job to this one. Yes your hair does go a copper tone, but i wouldn't expect anything else after been red. Great base now to go to brown I wishing to go back to. only down fall it smells ransid but definitely not complaining. Wouldn't waste my money on the more expensive strippers

Did exactly what i wanted it to

I have died my hair many many times and used all brands of stripper. I bought this today as im sick of the dark brown/black ive been stuck with since the last stripper i paid £12 for did nothing...anyway! Wow im impressed its stripped my hair to a light copper which i expected after years of dying my hair bright red and this is the result i wanted perfect base for my new colour! My hair needs a bit of extra conditioning but not as much as it would have if id had to bleach it. Would defo use again!!! Highly recommended. But ..... IT DOES STINK

Wasnt too bad, not the best though

I have been dyeing my hair black for a few months now and wanted a change so I thought I'd try remove the colour I bought this after reading reviews, I followed all instructions and the end result wasn't the best, my roots are quite red and ginger and the rest of my hair is still black, I may have to use it again but the first try disappointed me

Jess
Jess

Does exactly what it says it does!

I have been dying my hair with packet permanent black hair dye for over a year.
I used this product once and it removed all the black from my hair.
It is important to do your research before using this product as, like in my case, it may not return your hair back to its natural colour - it may come up as a brassy red-brown colour. This isn't because if this product, it's because the hair dye used previously removed some of your natural colour pigment in order to be able to fit the synthetic colour into the hair follicle.
I used a semi-permanent colour similar to my natural dark brown colour straight afterwards and my hair is soft and shiny :)

JoR
JoRSydney Surrounds, NSW

Smell is lasting for days!

This product worked well and I am happy with the result but the smell is dreadful and still in my hair 5 days later even after daily shampooing.My hair ended up like straw but that is to be expected after using these types of products on a mature person's hair.

Supermarket only had Max Strength.

Did not do what I expected

I thought my own color would be the end result , instead I am now a ginger orangutan colour , should be brown .i had dark red in before , followed instructions to the letter .

Brilliant

So i have long permed hair which the salon had coloured red however the colour had faded and looked bad . So i picked up a brown hair colour which when finished looked black omg disaster. I had bought this as a stand by and after reading reviews i thought il try a strand , 12 mins and it was already almost my natural colour Strawberry blonde . So on it all went ,wrapped a bin bag lol round my head and a towel and waited 30 mins .
My hairs is soft and the curls are better than before but the colour has taken it back to my natural colour and the dark brown and the original red is gone .
Brilliant couldnt be more happy

Loz
LozMelbourne

Wow

My hair was a bright, unnatural red purple colour. I have long hair and thought I'd need 2 packs but one was fine. I let it develop for 1 hour with foil and a towel over my head. It smells awful like scrambled eggs with a balsamic bleach reduction... Mmmm yum. I rinsed for 10 mins and thought I'd see red all over my shower like a crime scene but there was no colour anywhere and more importantly none in my hair!
Once dried it's a lovely even strawberry blonde colour and I love it, I didn't need to colour it again! I still can't figure out where the red went, it vanished and I still smell like I'm wearing omelette cologne.
Highly recommend!

Bee
BeeAuckland

Not bad, it did what I wanted

I bought this after being tired of regrowth from permanent dyes and wished to return to using wash-out dyes. My hair is naturally auburn and dyed a darker red. We only had the max strength so I bought that one. It definitely returned my hair to its original colour, albeit from when I was four and strawberry blonde! No biggy since that is technically my natural colour and had faded over the years. I would definitely recommend this but perhaps would use the regular strength next time, should the shops have it.

Update: My hair went back to its natural colour after a few weeks.

Answer to Bimbo666

Although dye remover breaks down the colour you have to thoroughly shampoo straight after rinsing it out. Shampoo and shampoo again, otherwise any colour left in the strand will oxidise and become dark again: and maybe in your hair that takes a couple of days.

ap74
ap74AU

Does what it says.

so glad I came across this!

My hair was a medium brown with random red patches and when I used this product it went to a caramel brown which looked amazing! Didn't dry out my hair either!

It worked instantly!

It worked instantly !! As I was putting it through my hair I could see the red fading. It completely removed all the unwanted colour and luckily I had my blonde hair back.

Would use again for sure! It did smell like rotten eggs but who cares

jessicatherese88
jessicatherese88Illawarra, NSW

Awesome results!!

The results after 1 use were so much better than I expected. I went from a dark red to strawberry blonde.
The smell wasn't pleasant but it did the job and my hair still feels healthy afterwards!

Khloekovolenko
KhloekovolenkoMelbourne

i had great results removing red hair dye

Background: my hair was bleach blonde. I coloured it brown to darken it and went through purple , magenta and red over the brown for about 6-12 months.

It didnt smell good but jo baz got my hair from burgandyred to a light auburn brown and it was so soft and in such good condition afterwards.

Ella
Ella

Absolutely excellent product! Surprised it worked

I started with bright red hair and after a couple of months I dyed over it with black. I wanted a change, so I used one box of the max strength (my hair is quite long and thick) and my hair literally looks so amazing! I was planning on re-colouring my hair after using the product, but because my hair turned out so nicely (A golden brown/ginger-ish/auburn colour) I might keep this colour for a while! Very impressed with the way it turned out. Love it, definitely worth your money! Would recommend to anyone

Stephm
StephmBrisbane

Amazing product! Really works

Iv Been dying my hair black for years and years. Black over black over black. Used the max strength 1 time and it really took out the black, my hair is now orange. I have thick medium length hair so i used 2 packets at once but it really worked. Didnt think it would but it does!
I will have to do it again because some parts are dark Brown but considering how much back hair dye was on my hair it has done an amazing job. Would recommend to anyone

Suprisingly it works

I was skeptical that the colour remover would even make a difference after years of dying my hair (the latest being blonde balayage with black hair dye over that). After putting in the application and waiting the 30 mins i checked and it looked like all the black was gone but the blonde was now what i was going to be left with, so i wasn't happy but after rinsing and using the buffer twice as directed all colour was gone, if anything i was shocked that with just $30 and an hour of my time i was back to my natural hair color and its also not as frizzy as it is usually from colour damage. i will defiantly be using this again.

Amazing even the salon couldn't make it so good!

I was magenta red and was bleached then red! Vibrant red! The Jo Bax completely stripped it to bleached blonde! My hairdresser said it wouldn't work and I am more than chuffed!

tracy n.
tracy n.asked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

Will this product remove grey/silver hair colour from blond hair?

Jessica A.
Jessica A.asked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I dyed my hair an auburn red colour however when I used the Jobazz Max strength the colour didn’t come out at all?! It was a semi permanent L’Oréal hair dye. Someone help

Sam
Samasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I used the max strength and it took me to ginger. I then applied a copper ginger hair colour and my hair went back to dark almost black hair???

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover questions

Features:

Realise you made a mistake and want to get back to your normal shade without dishing out on salon prices? There is now an affordable DIY solution.

Permanent hair dyes work by expanding artificial dye molecules in the shaft of your hair so they can’t be washed out. JoBaz’s hair dye remover contains a formula that reverses this process and shrinks them so that they can be washed out.

The maximum strength edition works in 60 minutes and the normal strength product works in 30 minutes. Simply combine the activator (part A) and remover (part B), massage the product into your hair for the required time and then rinse off to remove the hair dye.

What reviewers thought:

Many reviews have claimed that the product worked very well for them, lifting previous dye jobs with ease.

A point of contention among the reviewers was the smell of the product which can be overpowering and unpleasant. Another key issue is that if the rinsing is not done properly and rigorously enough, the dye molecules will not be washed out and will expand again, therefore, putting the dye back in the hair.

Compare both JoBaz Hair Dye Remover