JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

JoBaz Hair Dye Remover (page 3 of 5)

Max Strength, Normal Strength

Pros

• Works effectively

• Non-harmful ingredients

Cons

• Unpleasant smell

• A lot of rinsing is required to work properly

Wasnt too bad, not the best though

I have been dyeing my hair black for a few months now and wanted a change so I thought I'd try remove the colour I bought this after reading reviews, I followed all instructions and the end result wasn't the best, my roots are quite red and ginger and the rest of my hair is still black, I may have to use it again but the first try disappointed me

Jess
Jess

Does exactly what it says it does!

I have been dying my hair with packet permanent black hair dye for over a year.
I used this product once and it removed all the black from my hair.
It is important to do your research before using this product as, like in my case, it may not return your hair back to its natural colour - it may come up as a brassy red-brown colour. This isn't because if this product, it's because the hair dye used previously removed some of your natural colour pigment in order to be able to fit the synthetic colour into the hair follicle.
I used a semi-permanent colour similar to my natural dark brown colour straight afterwards and my hair is soft and shiny :)

Other Hair Dyes

Supermarket only had Max Strength.

Find out how JoBaz Hair Dye Remover compares to other Hair Dyes

Did not do what I expected

I thought my own color would be the end result , instead I am now a ginger orangutan colour , should be brown .i had dark red in before , followed instructions to the letter .

Brilliant

So i have long permed hair which the salon had coloured red however the colour had faded and looked bad . So i picked up a brown hair colour which when finished looked black omg disaster. I had bought this as a stand by and after reading reviews i thought il try a strand , 12 mins and it was already almost my natural colour Strawberry blonde . So on it all went ,wrapped a bin bag lol round my head and a towel and waited 30 mins .
My hairs is soft and the curls are better than before but the colour has taken it back to my natural colour and the dark brown and the original red is gone .
Brilliant couldnt be more happy

Loz
LozMelbourne

Wow

My hair was a bright, unnatural red purple colour. I have long hair and thought I'd need 2 packs but one was fine. I let it develop for 1 hour with foil and a towel over my head. It smells awful like scrambled eggs with a balsamic bleach reduction... Mmmm yum. I rinsed for 10 mins and thought I'd see red all over my shower like a crime scene but there was no colour anywhere and more importantly none in my hair!
Once dried it's a lovely even strawberry blonde colour and I love it, I didn't need to colour it again! I still can't figure out where the red went, it vanished and I still smell like I'm wearing omelette cologne.
Highly recommend!

ap74
ap74AU

Does what it says.

so glad I came across this!

My hair was a medium brown with random red patches and when I used this product it went to a caramel brown which looked amazing! Didn't dry out my hair either!

It worked instantly!

It worked instantly !! As I was putting it through my hair I could see the red fading. It completely removed all the unwanted colour and luckily I had my blonde hair back.

Would use again for sure! It did smell like rotten eggs but who cares

jessicatherese88
jessicatherese88Illawarra, NSW

Awesome results!!

The results after 1 use were so much better than I expected. I went from a dark red to strawberry blonde.
The smell wasn't pleasant but it did the job and my hair still feels healthy afterwards!

Khloekovolenko
KhloekovolenkoMelbourne

i had great results removing red hair dye

Background: my hair was bleach blonde. I coloured it brown to darken it and went through purple , magenta and red over the brown for about 6-12 months.

It didnt smell good but jo baz got my hair from burgandyred to a light auburn brown and it was so soft and in such good condition afterwards.

Ella
Ella

Absolutely excellent product! Surprised it worked

I started with bright red hair and after a couple of months I dyed over it with black. I wanted a change, so I used one box of the max strength (my hair is quite long and thick) and my hair literally looks so amazing! I was planning on re-colouring my hair after using the product, but because my hair turned out so nicely (A golden brown/ginger-ish/auburn colour) I might keep this colour for a while! Very impressed with the way it turned out. Love it, definitely worth your money! Would recommend to anyone

Stephm
StephmBrisbane

Amazing product! Really works

Iv Been dying my hair black for years and years. Black over black over black. Used the max strength 1 time and it really took out the black, my hair is now orange. I have thick medium length hair so i used 2 packets at once but it really worked. Didnt think it would but it does!
I will have to do it again because some parts are dark Brown but considering how much back hair dye was on my hair it has done an amazing job. Would recommend to anyone

Suprisingly it works

I was skeptical that the colour remover would even make a difference after years of dying my hair (the latest being blonde balayage with black hair dye over that). After putting in the application and waiting the 30 mins i checked and it looked like all the black was gone but the blonde was now what i was going to be left with, so i wasn't happy but after rinsing and using the buffer twice as directed all colour was gone, if anything i was shocked that with just $30 and an hour of my time i was back to my natural hair color and its also not as frizzy as it is usually from colour damage. i will defiantly be using this again.

Other Hair Dyes

Amazing even the salon couldn't make it so good!

I was magenta red and was bleached then red! Vibrant red! The Jo Bax completely stripped it to bleached blonde! My hairdresser said it wouldn't work and I am more than chuffed!

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover reviews

Jessica A.
Jessica A.asked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I dyed my hair an auburn red colour however when I used the Jobazz Max strength the colour didn’t come out at all?! It was a semi permanent L’Oréal hair dye. Someone help

Sam
Samasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover

I used the max strength and it took me to ginger. I then applied a copper ginger hair colour and my hair went back to dark almost black hair???

Loz
Lozasked
JoBaz Hair Dye Remover Max Strength

I used hair colour remover as I had purple hair now it’s gone a copper colour can I use it again to get to my natural colour?

See all JoBaz Hair Dye Remover questions

Features:

Realise you made a mistake and want to get back to your normal shade without dishing out on salon prices? There is now an affordable DIY solution.

Permanent hair dyes work by expanding artificial dye molecules in the shaft of your hair so they can’t be washed out. JoBaz’s hair dye remover contains a formula that reverses this process and shrinks them so that they can be washed out.

The maximum strength edition works in 60 minutes and the normal strength product works in 30 minutes. Simply combine the activator (part A) and remover (part B), massage the product into your hair for the required time and then rinse off to remove the hair dye.

What reviewers thought:

Many reviews have claimed that the product worked very well for them, lifting previous dye jobs with ease.

A point of contention among the reviewers was the smell of the product which can be overpowering and unpleasant. Another key issue is that if the rinsing is not done properly and rigorously enough, the dye molecules will not be washed out and will expand again, therefore, putting the dye back in the hair.

Compare both JoBaz Hair Dye Remover