2Johnson's Nursing Pads Ultraform

Johnson's Nursing Pads Ultraform

2Johnson's Nursing Pads Ultraform
3.6

60%16%23%
Brand Manager for Johnson & Johnson? Claim your listing.

josnsw
josnswGeelong53 posts

Good, well known brand. they absorb alot, they are comfortable. i have bought nursing pads that get wet and sag, that has never happened with these because of the way they are. they are not low quality and very convenient
they are really great at night.... just like nappies, the cheaper ones dont hold as much liquid but you spend a bit more and they are much more comfortable. The Johnson and Johnson Ultraform Nursing Pads are the only ones i will use as they dont irritate the skin with cheap materials
they are a bit expensive but they dont itch so thats fine
pinkflowers
pinkflowers6 posts

Better absorancy and stay in place without scrunching up like other brands. The moulded shape seems to stop the pad slipping whereas other brands which are designed thinner tend to become a crumpled mess.The convenience of being able to tale the pads stright from the box also beat having to rip open plastic covering on other brands. Ease of use is a major factor when you have a baby.
Most of all the fact that they stay in place followed by there absorbancy. The two tones of colour ( white & skin )are helpful when wearing different clothes although i think black ones could be an idea to wear with black bras.
joeystar
joeystar9 posts

I have tried afew brands and this is definitel the best brand. Other brands just dont stick to my bra and are not contoured so they keep moving away from the nipple area. This brand is the best in terms of comfort & asorbency. I never had any leaks with this, and although slightly more expensive I think its well worth it.
The contoured shape makes it fit to your breast & nipples rather than slipping away. Very asorbent and comfortable to wear. Individually packed makes it very hygenic and can just take out the pads you require for each day.
TashDL
TashDLSA, 529073 posts

allig85
allig854 posts

OK

I was attracted to this product due to the contour shape however the nipple shape was obvious wearing wearing soft bras or tshirts which made me very self conscious. Removal of the pad was also unconfortable as the lining stuck to nipples resulting in more pain for already sore, cracked nipples.
contour shape was very comfortable, very absorbent, not indidually wrapped so no fiddley stuff, didn't scrunch whilst sleeping
Nipple shape was obvious through clothing when wearing soft bras, expensive, sticks to niples causing removal to be very painful, slipped around in bra due to sticky tabs not being effective
melberg
melberg4 posts

Bad

I would opt for another product, they feel comfortable enough but not worth it for the leakage I got while using them, I ended up with more washing than I needed to do.
They are readily avaliable in supermarkets. I found the product comfortable to wear and not obvious.
The product was not very absorbant which made them useless. I found they were just as expensive as other brands but didn't work as well.
hugglz
hugglz6 posts

OK

I think these pads would be better for those with smaller breasts as they are quite small compared to other brands. They are comfortable initially and ok for during the day if you don't leak as much. Not recommended for night time use as they don't stick well so you leak off the edges.
They were very soft when you initially put them on. Great absorbency if held in the right place. You can also find them at most supermarkets or large stores.
They were quite bulky and almost made my bra uncomfortable to wear, especially overnight when I would get very full. They did not stay put and I quite often leaked off the side as they had moved. They stuck very badly to my nipples and in some cases I ended up with cracks from trying to get them off.
sea_windz
sea_windzAU8 posts

OK

Overall I wasn't too impressed with these and preferred to use some washable ones I also purchased but they were handy for being able to just throw them away and put in a fresh pair whilst out and about.
Good absorbancy and readily available in the supermarkets. Reasonablly priced. Packaging (or lack of individually wrapping) makes them easy to grab from the box in a hurry.
I found they stuck to the nipple when wet and were uncomfortable to remove from a sore nipple. The sticky tab is useless and they moved around in the bra. I also found these quite bulky so not very discreet.
navarre
navarre14 posts

Bad

I avoid this particular product as I find it totally ineffective and uncomfortable to use. It is designed to be held in place by the nipple, as soon as it become displaced it has a tendancy to allow leakages, the very thing it is supposed to prevent.
Absorbant.

Readily available in most leading supermarkets and pharmacies.
The nipple shape, next to useless when sleeping as they never stay put.

The sticky pad option was also unecessary due to natural movement of the breasts during sleeping.

The soft cover was horrible, it continually stuck to the nipple making removal slow.

Dearer than the other Johnsons brand (pink) which I prefer over this 'new and improved' version.

katherbig
katherbig29 posts

Terrible

I think i still have the rest of the box of these in the cupboard which I will throw out at some point - i wouldn't even give them to a friend. If only they were as absorbant without sticking!
These were available in most supermarkets, a known brand (easy for hubby to find on the shelf. They are quite thick and therefore very absorbant for those first few days where I felt I was leaking constantly.
The actual pad size is much smaller than some others and therefore any movement within the bra often lead to it being in the wrong place and leakage out the side. (The sticky stuff on the back wasn't great either). My biggest negative though was that they stuck to my nipple after feeding - very painful when you are already really sore!
MrsEd
MrsEdPO Box 874, SA114 posts

Good

Good quality nursing pads, worth the extra dollar or two compared to cheaper brands. I was given many different boxes of nursing pads at my baby shower, and these are by far my favourite.
They sit nicely in my bra, thicker and more absorbent pad compared to cheaper brands, not individually wrapped making it easier when in a hurry and they don't scrunch up in bra
I don't like how they have a nipple shape, noticable under clothing, also they don't stick very well to my bra
ally4281
ally428112 posts

Good

The best breast pads I've tried! The main thing i didn't like is they are a little bit bulky made them obvious under clothes. The pad itself is a bit small so if you have large breasts they wouldn't be suitable, but I didn't have this problem!
Their contoured shape made them sit better in my bra than other brands, good absorbency, soft and comfortable.
A bit expensive - but well worth it, the sticky stuff to hold them in place not very good! Not individually wrapped. A bit bulky so not very discreet - but this didn't bother me as I wasn't wearing tight clothing. Small pad size.
katpaul
katpaul251 posts

Terrible

I stocked up on these before the birth. BIG mistake! They were very small and I was very engorged after the birth. They leaked quite a lot. They seemed to stick to my nipples which HURT and further traumatised by already sore breasts. They might have been cheap but I did not like using these so I put them in the back of the cupboard and through them out when we were finished nursing. They were a great big wast of money for me.
They were quite inexpensive. Readily available in supermarkets
I hated these. They leaked. They stuck to my nipples. They were horrid!
lbj39
lbj39145 posts

OK

I wasn't as fussed on these. Mostly because I found them fairly small and tended to leak around the edges. If you were not a huge leaker that probably wouldn't be a huge issue. They do have a nice curved shape which fits the breast. And when you're in a rush don't have to individually unwrap can just grab 2 and quickly put in place. They were fairly absorbent. I prefer the bigger breast pads, but someone smaller sized may not find that is an issue. These were more economical than some of the others.
Not individually wrapped so better for the environment
Pretty small so not great for a larger breasted Mum
Krystyna
Krystyna35 posts

Good

I bought these and some washable breast pads before bubs was born, and found that I didn't really need to use the pads very often. When I did though, these worked well and absorbed what little overflow I had. I really liked how they fit the curve of the breast. However, I did find them quite rough on my nipples and so I've switched back to the washables, despite how poorly they fit me. I found the adhesive was sufficient for my use.
Great quality, good curved shape, and good absorbency
Felt rough on my nipples after a while
babyblade86
babyblade8697 posts

OK

I grabbed this as there was nothing else available in the store. I preferred my cheaper branded pads as these are costly and dont last long considering the amount of times needed to change. They are great for those who need to have all cotton to reduce skin irritations and who have smaller sized breasts. I found they moved around in my bra while sleeping and the sticky part wasnt enough to hold.
Softness of the actual pad and thickness. Absorbancy.
The size of the pad, seemed to always move around in my bra even while using the sticky tape bit. Expensive for the amount you are getting.
Breast Pads & Products

Find out how Johnson's Nursing Pads Ultraform compares to other Breast Pads & Products

fionainparis
fionainparis87 posts

Good

The nursing pads come with adhesive tape to keep them in place inside your bra. They are not individually wrapped so there is less packaging waste generated compared to other brands. For a soft, non-irritating and discreet nursing pad, this product works. They are easy to find at supermarkets.
These nursing pads are very soft and contoured to fit nicely in your bra. I didn't have any issues with irritation or the pads sticking to my nipples. They absorb well and keep you feeling dry.
They are rather expensive, especially if you have to change them several times a day.
samski
samski14 posts

Terrible

i tried this item a few times and would not purchase them again. They did not do the job for me. i would not recommend this product

i did not like this product at all..i did not find them absorbant..and i felt that you could see them through my clothes

koshakee
koshakeeAU98 posts

I really liked these breast pads and would buy them kind of as a treat as they were a lot nicer than the other few brands I tried. I found them fantastic for the first weeks when I leaked a lot but they would still only hold so much before they really needed changing. I don't recall them holding more than other brands. They also feel really nice to use but I couldn't afford to buy them all the time as they are one of the more expensive brands.
Nicely shaped, sticky tab to keep them in place, felt nice and didn't irritate my skin, absorbed well, especially during the first few weeks when you leak a lot more
Got a bit smelly if they had absorbed a lot of milk, not cheap
Mummydearest
Mummydearest32 posts

As a constant leaker, I've tried many breast pads (Pigeon, Nuk, Swisspers, Chicco, etc) in the market. This by far, is the most superior brand. It cups the breast perfectly and is not visible underneath your top unlike the Avent brand which is way too small! I have never leaked with the J&J nursing pads. Trust me, with the other nursing pad, I have had to put a small baby face washer as a back up as I would normally be soaked through after a few hours. Not with this one! The material is super soft and gentle on the skin especially when you have sore and cracking nipples. The other brands made my skin itch!
Soft, no leaks, big enough to cover breast
the price
tayic
tayicor, 974013 posts

They are very comfortable, I have tried many and these work the best. They help hide the leakage of milk completely unlike other brands that work for a little while. They are a little expensive but it's worth it. They did not cause any nipple discomfort and stayed in place the entire time. They are very gentle on the entire breast. I have also noticed they are on the larger size which helps with heavy leakage by absorbing more and covering most of the breast area. They are perfect for women with heavy leakage, sensitive skin, and work for all breast sizes.
Comfortable, easy to use, stay in place
a little pricey
lilypie
lilypie66 posts

Although they are a bit more expensive than some of the other brands, I think the J&J breast pads are defintely worth it. I also found that they were regularly on special at Woolworths, you just had to get in once the sale started because other mums would clear the shelves! I found these to also be the best quality of the 4 brands I have tried.
The most comfortable breast pads out there that absorb well, keep their shape and don't fall apart!
The are a big on the pricey side compared to others and don't come individually wrapped (which is handy for the handbag).
Sharne
SharneSydney, NSW6 posts

rachelk
rachelk47 posts

Good

absorbency wise i liked the product but i think it is too costly. I would have loved it more if it came in a bulk pack. Personally i dont think breast pads are of much use when at home but when going out then maybe yeh
Very absorbent
The price
lmb30
lmb3012 posts

OK

The Johnson & Johnson Ultraform Nursing pad is great breastpad for absoborbing the moisture. However, I had to stop using them as padding would stick to my nipple especially when I had grazed nipples. I always had strands of the pad sticking out when I took them off. The price of the product also made them very unattractive breastpad to purchase.
The breastpad was comfortable and absorbent.
This brand of breastpad was very expensive and overpriced.
kfmcnm
kfmcnm121 posts

Terrible

Just because these breast pads are expensive does not mean they are good. I was very disappointed in this product. They are only available in a small box as well.
These are very overpriced pads. They do not live up to the claims.
You can see these breastpads through your clothing.

aml2009
aml200965 posts

Good

I have always used this brand with both my children. On the few occasions that I thought I would get another brand as they were cheaper I was always disappointed with them. I will always use this brand for the comfort they give me
very comfortable, not as big as some other brands and stay in place once you put them in, absorbent and keep there shape.
They are thick compared to other brands and they are quite expensive for a box of just 24 ( especially when you need to change them a couple of times a day).The nipple part on them can show through your clothes
mcdenney
mcdenney4 posts

Good

These are the best disposable breast pads I've tried (from three brands). The feel soft against the skin and draw the moisture away well. I really like the nipple indent as it stops irritation from rubbing- although I imagine it could probably be seen through some clothing. They stay in place well, even after breastfeeding. They are a bit thicker than some others and cost more (especially if you are needing to change time often). But overall, I think that the price is worth it.
Soft. Absorbent. Comfortable.
Thick compared with other brands. A little on the expensive side if you need to change them several times a day.
BernieH
BernieHQld, 481770 posts

I would highly recommend these to anyone who is breastfeeding. They are very comfortable and very absorbent. They don't irritate you and they don't move around once you've put them in place. I tried other brands when I couldn't find these at the shops but I always came back to these.
They are very absorbent and they don't move once you've put them in place. They also keep their shape and don't fold up as I found with others. I found them very comfortable and didn't even notice they were there. They are a great fit for larger breasts.
kwimpory
kwimpory7 posts

Good

I have not used any other breast pad and chose this as I knew the brand name. As such, I don't have a basis for comparison against other brands. I have been using them daily for 6 weeks now and am happy that they do exactly what I need them to and will continue to use them.
These fit nicely within my bra and I once I put them in, I dont notice that I am wearing them as they are comfortable. They dont seem to move too much during the day.
A couple of times I have noticed the nipple shape showing through my clothes.
bcd14
bcd143 posts

I tried many brands and these were by far the best. They are ideal for small-breasted women. I found the cheaper ones tended to be quite a bit bigger and would "pleat" and stick into my boobs and get really itchy and uncomfortable. These ones fitted perfectly in a smaller sized bra while others were visible out the sides. A little on the expensive side but worth the extra $ for the comfortable fit and reliability.
Small size, shaped to fit, really absorbant, extremely comfortable.
Probably too small for some women (not for me!)

My only con is the nipple-like bit poking out the front - not a good look under thinner fabrics.

DarkEnigma
DarkEnigmaCanberra 2600, ACT9 posts

Excellent - slightly more expensive than some other brands - but makes up for this in the usage. Would recommend these to any nursing mother, especially in the first few weeks when there is lots of milk.
Very absorbant - can last for up to two days if you are running out of them and can't get to the shops
KerryH
KerryH6 posts

Good

felt soft next to the skin, kept me dry therefore preventing any soreness. Happy Mum Happy Baby. I felt comfortable buying and using this product as it is a trusted well known brand and has been used for years and years by many breast feeding mothers. My own mother recommended this product to me when I was first pregnant and started talking about breastfeeding, she said she used it and had no complaints what so ever. I would recommend it to any mother.
Trusted brand felt sure product is tested and used over a long period of time by many mothers previously. not too thin, but not noticable under clothing.
nothing to dislike I could find no faults with this product.
Holly86
Holly869 posts

OK

They are alright if you don't have engorged breasts and wear loose clothes so they aren't visible through your shirt. I would only recommend them for daytime use. They aren't too expensive (around the same price as other nursing pads)
A soft, comfortable pad.
The pad is far to small and it shifts easily under your bra cause that dreaded wet spot on your shirt that none of us want particularly out in public. They are fairly bulky and are quite noticeable under your clothing.
happy_life
happy_lifeQLD, 481771 posts

Terrible

Overall I didn't like this product at all. It was uncomfortable at the best of times, and my sore nipples stuck to it. I also leaked out of this pad because of it's small disk shape.

the disc is small so if your bra moved in your sleep or it moved in your bra it didn't have to go far before you would leak out. When it got full it got fat and so if your boobs are engorged it hurts because it puts pressure on them. It has a weird nipple shape in them and if you are wearing a thin material over the top it looks weird.

celzz
celzz83 posts

OK

These breast pads were good as they had enough padding, however they were small shaped. I wouldn't recommend these to larger breasted women. The small size allowed it to fit snuggly inside the bra and the sticker helped it stay in place. There was no waterproof backing so if you had substantial leakage it may saturate right through. One of the downfalls with this brand is that they do not sell bulk packages which makes it quite expensive to buy this product. Overall a good product as it does serve the purpose.
Small size, sat comfortably, sticker was handy
No bulk boxes available, a little bulky

tanzy
tanzy31 posts

Good

being a first time mum left me open to imberrasing situations such as leaking nipples which i wasnt prepared for. going to the shops there was so many brands to pick from for breast pads but i finally decided on this one and it was my saviour. my nipples were very sensitive and at times swollen so this pad was soft and absorbent so no messy situations occured. i used panty liners before but who-ever invented breast liners/pads are a genius! they hide very well so it doesnt show through your bra or clothes.
stoped the leakage and hid well under the bra
Ladybeetle
Ladybeetle9 posts

JayJay868
JayJay868Victoria, 372490 posts

Good

My partner has tried a few brands of nursing pads, and these seem to be the best out of what is easily available. They are shaped well, thin, absorbent, hold their shape and stay where you place them (with the help of a sticky section). They are somewhat expensive, however they are a good product and it is worth it in my opinion. You should probably try a few different brands, to see which ones suit your needs, however I can highly recommend these.
Well shaped (and hold it too). Thin. Absorbent. Stay put.
Somewhat expensive; but it is a good product.
Canuck
CanuckPerth, WA47 posts

Good

These pads fit well, pack well and don't bunch up. They are thin so they are not noticeable through your shirt. They are however a bit on the pricier side but compared to other brands they are top notch. Worth it if the price isn't an issue for you.
shaped well, individually wrapped
a bit pricey compared to others