Joolca HOTTAP

Great Little Unit

Unpacked and set up in the shed to familiarise myself with the unit... Works perfectly... Had a choice between a few different brands but after reading all the positive reviews (there’s a lot of them!) decided to go with the Outing... Looking forward to our first camping trip on the Darling River... Couldn’t be happier... PS: Get the Joolca bag as well you won’t be disappointed...

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Very good product

I have had the Hottap now for over 4 years. It works really well. The after sales service is second to none. They even replaced a cracked fitting with free postage after 4 years. My only problem was a couple of leaking fittings which I fixed with plumbers tape. If I ever need to replace the unit I would not hesitate to purchase from Joolca again. The heating does need regulating with hot or cold ambient temperatures as it heats to X degrees above ambient. Not a problem.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Great Product

We used our hottap over the Christmas break. We couldn’t be happier with our purchase. Right from the day we ordered it, the service has been amazing and the product even better. I would recommend this product to anyone. It is easy to use and even easier to set up.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

best outdoor shower i have used

copes extra well with demand and extended usage water temp was fine a great little machine even the wife was impressed !! with all the fittings colour coded it was very easy to set up and adjust maintained a good water pressure the auto pump stop start works well happy to recomend it

Date PurchasedDec 2018

At last

"In the past I have purchased two other brands of hot water service units and ultimately they have been unreliable and complicated to use. I have also bought three different pumps to try and trip these units into starting on low pressure. I was recommended the Joolca hot tap and pump by a friend and haven’t looked back. This unit works and is easy to use. Wish I had bought one sooner."

Date PurchasedOct 2018

By far the best hot water system on the market

The unit is by far the best on the market the water pressure and temperature are very consistent and easy to use
It starts up immediately and takes only a few seconds to reach temperature
All around this is an outstanding product that is far above the rest and I've used a few

Date PurchasedNov 2018

best system ever

one of my friends bought this system for our trip through central Australia we were away for 4 months last time we did this trip we had to boil water but this system made it so much easier with 25 of us it worked real well so well that when we got home 3 or 4 others have bought one themselves no matter how hard we used it kept delivering and delivering well i personally would give it a 100 stars but alas it only goes up to 5 stars well done and thanks and i will soon be buying one for my local scout group

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Perfect

My wife and I used the HOTTAP Outing last weekend. Worked well, even with poor water pressure, instant hot water, only problem was wind blowing out flame, contacted Joolca and was given friendly advice how to remedy the problem from Cameron. Highly recommend this product. Have just purchased one of the shower tents."

Perfect piece of engineering

Great piece of engineering, Wife extremely happy with her hot shower last weekend camping by a river.
Light weight , recommend getting the carry case keeping everything in a well made protective bag.
All the inlet hoses , gas fittings hoses and 12V pump for off grid are quality made.

Campers look no further for your hot water solution !

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Buy one, you won't regret it

Bought this Hottap for camping and are most impressed by it. Set it up at home to test, very simple and quick. I also purchased the quick disconnect for the gas line, well worth the money. This will be absolutely brilliant for camping, not only for showers but for doing the dishes, and hosing down our dogs if they get into some muck.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

great concept - damn the bureaucrats

Really love the quality and price. Pity the politicians have limited the heat for the peasant showers.

I have read a few people having issues with the wind - I went to a demo yard and bought an old house power box for $10 - cut a rectange in the bottom for the unit to sit in and added a few vents and problem solved

Meh,ok,just not hot enough

Sold mine,gone back to boiling water,,unfortunately and I believe due to government regulations the max heat is 50c and when it reaches this it cuts out,so you have to turn off tap,turn it on again to get the burners to fire up,Its a PITA.50c is not hot enough to cut through bbq greased up dishes either,Joolca proudly spruik this as a safety feature so not to burn children or animals,lol.Most household gas hot water heaters are 60 or 65c,its that little bit extra that makes all the difference.

Cold water from a stream will only just get hot enough so you aint shivering and really cold water you still need to cycle the water twice,this then creates the problem of adjusting the settings from inside the tent so the unit doesnt cut out.The automatic cut out really is annoying,With the burners on full bore and the flow rate on the minimum,you will get a comfortable shower with average temp tap water,just dont think you are getting the heat you will from your house hot water system.

On the plus,all the fittings,hoses,pumps are of good quality and didnt leak or fail.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Andrew, Thanks for your review, you've raised some legitimate points there. You're right that the 50C cut-off is a safety feature that is part of the regulations. I'm not saying we would want to remove this feature, but even if we did, we wouldn't be allowed to. You'll find that any hot water system that is classified as 'portable' will have the same 50C cut-off in place. In regards to the water temperature not getting to the same heat as from your domestic house hot water system, that's also partly because of the regulations. Because the HOTTAP is classified as a portable hot water system (and therefore much, much cheaper than a domestic unit used for your house) it has different regulations that it needs to adhere to. One of those regulations is that the gas flow cannot exceed 30MJ. The HOTTAP is sitting at the very top end of this with a full 30MJ of gas flow when set to maximum heat. Any other portable hot system on the market would have the same gas flow limitation in place. With that said, if you ever run into any issues with your HOTTAP, please reach out to us and we'll be very happy to help where we can. Kind Regards, ChrisThankyou for your reply and explanations,i hope in future the govt authority can be a bit more flexible and up it to 60c or 55c just for that wiggle room.yes i think its over governed nonsense and recognise your hands are tied :-)Thanks again for the clarification,cheers

Very Very Happy

Hi Cam/Joolca,
Sandy and I bought the shower/toilet pop up tent/ensuite and the HotTap. Full setup for the temporary/permanent bathroom we have built on this farm we a staying on. We have tried a few of the other types in our travels (pop ups, the Cube, singles, double ensuites ect) but the Joolca ensuite is the best we have come across. There was a very small manufacturing fault with one of the pop out buttons on one of the poles and we weren't going to worry about it coz it was all set up but when this was mentioned to Cam at Joolca he was so helpful and just couldn't accept that there was a small problem and offered a full new frame for the ensuite. We were truly amazed!! He sent us a whole new frame for the ensuite and we received it by express post in just days. This is the type of review I read before buying and that is why we bought from Joolca. This company has top of the range quality products much better than we have found previously with the best customer service I have ever encountered. Buy your products from Joolca! You will be very happy you did. We will always continue to buy from Joolca. And if you do you will find excellence in product and outstanding service like you've never seen before. We rate Joolca as a "Number One" company and product. As you may notice we are so happy we found Joolca for our ensuite needs. Thanks Cam/Joolca. You are the best!!
Very happy customers,
Jeremy&Sandy.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Great Product but have to keep out of a small breeze

I had no issue using the Hottap straight out of the box. It is simple to set up. Used it a few times using mains water. However took it camping to use with a pump and went through all water trying to get it to stay lit due to the breeze. So tip is make it breeze proof by taping up vents.
Good service by Joolca.

Excellent system

Used it for the first time over the long weekend. It is simply great, having a hot shower after a hard day in the dust and the ability to wash your dishes in hot water can never be understated.
Used the system to shower and wash up after meals. So easy and convenient.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

A great camp product for people and animals.

We purchased from Bunnings. Congrats on staff member. He knew his stuff. Awesome to connect. Very quick n easy. I have washed the sausage dogs so far and they love it. We are yet to test it in the winter camping. I think it will be perfect. Just need to remember that it is an outdoor shower, so don’t expect your normal household shower capabilities.

Great unit recommend it to anyone

Great unit recommend it to anyone
The Joolca hot water system is great easy to set up and the controls for the water flow and the heat settings are a breeze to use, the only down side is if there is a slight breeze it puts the flame out which is a a real crap when you are half way through having a shower, apart from that it is a terrific unit and I would recommend it to anyone.

Finally!!!

Finally got one!!!
Amazing product. So happy with it.
The unit provides consistent hot water and starts automatically whenever the tap is turned on. I chose to mount my unit on a revivalist trolly and strap a bbq gas bottle underneath just to make it that bit easier to move around.
I now have hot water on demand, anywhere I go.
Definitely recommend this product to anyone requiring hot water in a camping or off-grid situation.
Absolutely love it!!!

Easy to use

Simple to set up and get going. Produced plenty of hot water. Tried it 1st in winter with the input water pretty cold so struggled to get it quite hot enough, but the instructions and help were all very clear. Great product, and would be even better if they could solve that issue. Very entertaining email reply as well.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

HOT water quick and easy!

For such a low price I was very impressed. The build quality seems excellent. We have a place that is prone to power cuts etc and this product is as important as a generator to me. I am going to build an outside shower and REALLY impress the neighbours! The dogs love the heated washes too.